Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Another wester river rumor?

WRE would fit nicely in Disneyland if they replaced the current petting zoo/bbq area with that. They could even expand northwards in the backstage area if necessary as they did for toon town. Get rid of davy crocket canoes and make this ride it's replacement. That would give frontierland 3 great rides and make it feel bigger, which the western wilderness should feel like. Also, it could be differentiated from Grizzly rapids in DCA by making it more of a story like POTC, and less of a thrill/soaker ride.
    Of course it probably wont happen, unfortunately this expansion area will be used for a franchise instead of following walts example.

As for WDW, simply move the train track north and west, build WRE adjacent to big thunder along the rivers of america. The current train track/bridge can be used for walking to that forest area where WRE could be. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Or better yet in WDW, replace Splash moutain with WRE! Theres plenty of room there and splash doesnt even fit in with the theme of frontierland at all. Also it would make Magic kingdom less of a disneyland copy cat which would be mutually beneficial for both parks!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danielz6 View Post
    Or better yet in WDW, replace Splash moutain with WRE! Theres plenty of room there and splash doesnt even fit in with the theme of frontierland at all. Also it would make Magic kingdom less of a disneyland copy cat which would be mutually beneficial for both parks!
    lol it would never happen, its one of the newer and most beloved and well known additions to the park. WRE is a pipe dream.

• Mostly Harmless.

Smile Re: Another wester river rumor?

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  247.4 KBI called in sick today so I figured I would do a bit of arm chair imagineering while I am trying not to vomit on my iPad. So here goes.
    There is already a path under the tracks between splash and btmrr, that can be utilized, so can the service road looking thingy. That can either be turned into a train bridgy thing or keep and enforce the current rail road crossing. Now there are a whole bunch of buildings back there that are in my way so they need to go. I don't really care what they are for, they are in my way. Seriously, why has no one moved them yet? Ok, moving on.
    The greenish circled building looks like it may be attached to splash mountain so it can stay. For now.
    The blue area at the bottom right that looks like a tic tac toe game over JC (really? That the acronym? Weird.)Well, that's just a tic tac toe game.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  190.0 KB
    Or...
    lose splash mountain and use that as the new path way and build a new/continued mountain range from BTMRR (in yellow).
    I mean what's the point of keeping splash mountain? The story isn't relevant as long as Disney is afraid to release the movie. May as well lose or re-theme it.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I called in sick today so I figured I would do a bit of arm chair imagineering while I am trying not to vomit on my iPad. So here goes.
    There is already a path under the tracks between splash and btmrr, that can be utilized, so can the service road looking thingy. That can either be turned into a train bridgy thing or keep and enforce the current rail road crossing. Now there are a whole bunch of buildings back there that are in my way so they need to go. I don't really care what they are for, they are in my way. Seriously, why has no one moved them yet? Ok, moving on.
    The greenish circled building looks like it may be attached to splash mountain so it can stay. For now.
    The blue area at the bottom right that looks like a tic tac toe game over JC (really? That the acronym? Weird.)Well, that's just a tic tac toe game.
    lol i really like your posts for the most part coastie. I'm pretty sure the building you circled green is the train repair shop for BTMRR and the other buildings are either cast buildings, boat repair, or parade float storage since thats where the parade starts from. it would be hard to move all that stuff away to different places.

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol i really like your posts for the most part coastie. I'm pretty sure the building you circled green is the train repair shop for BTMRR and the other buildings are either cast buildings, boat repair, or parade float storage since thats where the parade starts from. it would be hard to move all that stuff away to different places.
    They did it in Anaheim...

• Minion

They did it in Anaheim...
    this project is a little more extensive then that one was, and on top of that you would have no start point for the parades now so where would the floats come from after you filled that area in?

• Mostly Harmless.

Move it all south a bit and bingo.

• Minion

Move it all south a bit and bingo.
    lol dude your plan took up that whole space, i get what your saying but because the pirates of the Caribbean show building pops out so much that wont work, the parade will be cut off from entering the park. unless you open up the walk ways a bit and start the parade a little earlier but that would also create probably the worst bottle neck in history cutting people off from being able to get to splash and big thunder coming from adventureland. even after all that work though you end up with a rather small expansion pad relatively and you still need to find a way to hide the boat access and locks behind it so really its a one ride and some shops or two ride addition at the end of the day. i dunno if its worth all the effort but its one of the more realistic plans ive heard thus far ill admit.

• Mostly Harmless.

Again... They did that in Anaheim. The canal can be easily re routed a bit and the parade could start in the new land. Also, the parade route currently cuts off splash and big thunder. They could build a "nature trail" that leads from the new land to somewhere around the haunted mansion and fantasyland. But watch for gators and snakes and bears and such...

(I had to crop the pics to upload them)

• Inappropriate

To piggyback Coastie's idea, we simply cut and paste the parade and service buildings to the other side of the canal, build some sort of draw bridge to allow service vehicles and parade floats to cross when it is down, and the Electrical Water Pageant boats to go through when it is up. Then use the path that already goes under the RR tracks between Splash and Big Thunder for one access to the new area, and then share the parade route on the south end for a second entrance (which would probably actually be the main entrance to avoid bottlenecking.) In this, Splash might lose its gift shop, but I'm sure it's replaceable somewhere else. Also, Imagineers will need to cover up the back side of the Splash show building, but they do that kind of stuff for a living, so I'm not too worried about that.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

ok i see it now, thanks pizza pants that could work pretty well i think. even if splash looses its gift shop, they could always reroute the exit a bit and give it a new one in part of the new land which i think would be a huge help to the bottle neck thats currently there between splash and big thunder. this also makes northern expansion much, much easier and more realistic in the future however it also means that, from the looks of things, the frontierland railroad station is a gonner unless you create a way to cross the tracks.

• Mostly Harmless.

The more I think about it the more I am becoming a fan of getting rid of splash mountain as well as pizzapant's plan up above.

• Inappropriate

The more I think about it the more I am becoming a fan of getting rid of splash mountain as well as pizzapant's plan up above.
    You leave the Nesquick Bunny ride alone!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast