Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssinian28 View Post
    Hi!

My husband and I are waffling on whether or not we should go to Very Merry this year. We've noticed that, with the last few years, Not-So-Scary seems more crowded, like they're letting more people in with each night. We were wondering if this is also an issue with Very Merry...is there anyone who has been in the last few years that can say they've seen a noticeable difference in the crowds?

I think it's pretty much his deciding factor on whether or not he wants to do it- he doesn't like crowds, which is why he traditionally liked these parties. But he got annoyed that NSS isn't as easy to get around in as it used to be...

We'd being going the first week or so of December, so none of the really bad days.

Thanks for any opinions!

The parties themselves are not very special. Certainly not worth paying extra for . . . UNLESS . . . you don't already have admission into the parks for the day.

The cost of the event is low compared to the approximate 8 hours you can squeeze out of it. Therefore, if you are in the area and wanted to visit the parks, but don't want to pay full fare for the day, you can buy a Very Merry Christmas Party ticket and enjoy the park in the evening.

On our last trip to Orlando, we bought Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets specifically so we could go see the Magic Kingdom. We did not have regular park tickets for the day. It was a great way to spend the evening in the park with fewer people than are in the park during the day and MUCH shorter lines for the rides.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    The parties themselves are not very special. Certainly not worth paying extra for . . . UNLESS . . . you don't already have admission into the parks for the day.
    Or unless a Party night is the only night in your trip that you can see the MK and all the holiday spendor.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Or unless a Party night is the only night in your trip that you can see the MK and all the holiday spendor.
    True. Though I don't know what "Holiday splendor" there is in the Magic Kingdom these days. It's pretty pathetic how they decorate the park. Most of the Christmas decor is just projections and music. It's sad.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I'm really looking forward to the incredible Castle lights, seeing the parade for the first time in years, snow on Main Street, etc. It's all about perceptions and expectations, and I'm expecting to really enjoy my evening in the MK. And then a couple weeks later I'll be doing the same thing in DL, where of course they do much more!

True. Though I don't know what "Holiday splendor" there is in the Magic Kingdom these days. It's pretty pathetic how they decorate the park. Most of the Christmas decor is just projections and music. It's sad.
    Agreed, but to their credit, they do decorate with actual props in the Town Square area. Problem is, we have been seeing the same decorations but at least 5 years now. I also agree that the holiday parties are nothing special. Certainly not worth the money they charge.

I'm really looking forward to the incredible Castle lights, seeing the parade for the first time in years, snow on Main Street, etc. It's all about perceptions and expectations, and I'm expecting to really enjoy my evening in the MK. And then a couple weeks later I'll be doing the same thing in DL, where of course they do much more!
    Where they do much more at regular admission rates mind you!! Isn't it great not being forced into making a decision about buying special party tickets to see Christmas at Disneyland?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Where they do much more at regular admission rates mind you!! Isn't it great not being forced into making a decision about buying special party tickets to see Christmas at Disneyland?
    but your not forced at all.... dan gave you two fine scenarios where you can receive the exact same experience.

1) you can purchase a party ticket instead of a park ticket on your arrival day and save quite a bit of money as that would be the only amount of time you would be able to be in the park anyways.

2) you can go to the magic kingdom in the day time and receive a very similar experience, being able to stay there until early evening then go out for a nice dinner.

these are not Armageddon, make or break you vacation scenarios as you make it seem. its just another choice, your entire disney vacation is about choices.

I agree, goof. And besides, it looks like the pay-extra parties are probably coming to Disneyland next year.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    but your not forced at all.... dan gave you two fine scenarios where you can receive the exact same experience.

1) you can purchase a party ticket instead of a park ticket on your arrival day and save quite a bit of money as that would be the only amount of time you would be able to be in the park anyways.

2) you can go to the magic kingdom in the day time and receive a very similar experience, being able to stay there until early evening then go out for a nice dinner.

these are not Armageddon, make or break you vacation scenarios as you make it seem. its just another choice, your entire disney vacation is about choices.
    EXACTLY my point. It should not be a choice. Disney should just offer the entertainment for all at regular prices. But whatever. Me? with a family of 4.. I am more careful with my money. I am not chastising anyone for going if you feel it is money well spent.

Disney should just offer the entertainment for all at regular prices.
    This is kinda like saying that Disney should lower the daily park tickets to $10 apiece, so that everyone could afford to get in. Disney is a business, and they've found a way to make even more by offering these "private" parties. Maybe Walt would have done things differently. But Walt ain't around any more.

• Minion

This is kinda like saying that Disney should lower the daily park tickets to $10 apiece, so that everyone could afford to get in. Disney is a business, and they've found a way to make even more by offering these "private" parties. Maybe Walt would have done things differently. But Walt ain't around any more.
    exactly what i would have said dan, as much as I would like to say they are in this for you aotphks they aren't. they are in it for themselves and will try to make money for the company in any way they see fit. keep in mind as well the more profitable the company is the more investors and possibly sponsors it can garner and in turn the more rides and overall development we can get so in the end it does technically come back to us in the end.

I agree, goof. And besides, it looks like the pay-extra parties are probably coming to Disneyland next year.
    Personally surprised Disney hasnt done this already! :P
    For the love of Disney....

Your statement makes no sense to me. This has nothing to do with lowering prices or whether things were done differently if Walt Disney was alive. I very much understand Disney is business and it's run as such, which is why most of the "magic" is no longer there at Disney World. But I would agree with you if those other Disney "businesses" in Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and for now California were doing the same. But when the other 4 Disneyland parks in the World offer holiday entertainment at regular prices, well, the Magic Kingdom is simply being a money hog. While I understand you were static to pay the money to enjoy the park in the evening, that was your choice because you wanted to get the most out of your vacation regardless how much they asked you to fork up on admission media. But the value of money is relative to every person. For me? NO, I would not pay, I don't find the parties to be worth it for what they offer.
    Yes, you gladly paid to attend and you are happy you did, I get it, but IMO, you and all the others who attend these parties were and will continue to be "had".
    I love Disney like the next person here but even I don't allow my love for the Disney parks to blind me and spend spend spend like there is no tomorrow.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

The cost of the event is low compared to the approximate 8 hours you can squeeze out of it. Therefore, if you are in the area and wanted to visit the parks, but don't want to pay full fare for the day, you can buy a Very Merry Christmas Party ticket and enjoy the park in the evening.

On our last trip to Orlando, we bought Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets specifically so we could go see the Magic Kingdom. We did not have regular park tickets for the day. It was a great way to spend the evening in the park with fewer people than are in the park during the day and MUCH shorter lines for the rides.

Wow. Well I went twice this past week while I was there and it was worth the money both nights. Now there were loads of party crashers, Cast members asking if people had paid to be in the park AFTER it was 7pm and only asking those who did not have a wrist band and those who were trying to only watch the parades and fireworks and stage shows. Those party crashers were all over the place.

BUT I will have to gladly disagree with Dusty and others here on those parties. They are worth the time and money and the memories you take away from the party are forever memorable.

You know the parties are what you make of them. You either are going and then leaving believing the party is lacking in areas or you are going in believing the party is worth your hard earned paychecks and coming out believing just that.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

Your statement makes no sense to me. This has nothing to do with lowering prices or whether things were done differently if Walt Disney was alive. I very much understand Disney is business and it's run as such, which is why most of the "magic" is no longer there at Disney World. But I would agree with you if those other Disney "businesses" in Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and for now California were doing the same. But when the other 4 Disneyland parks in the World offer holiday entertainment at regular prices, well, the Magic Kingdom is simply being a money hog. While I understand you were static to pay the money to enjoy the park in the evening, that was your choice because you wanted to get the most out of your vacation regardless how much they asked you to fork up on admission media. But the value of money is relative to every person. For me? NO, I would not pay, I don't find the parties to be worth it for what they offer.
    Yes, you gladly paid to attend and you are happy you did, I get it, but IMO, you and all the others who attend these parties were and will continue to be "had".
    I love Disney like the next person here but even I don't allow my love for the Disney parks to blind me and spend spend spend like there is no tomorrow.
    your argument doesn't fly though, wdw plays to a much different cliental then the other 4 disney parks. if the others could get away with it THEY WOULD DO IT TOO. the reason they cant is they rely so heavily on local visitors that they need to give them a reason to keep coming back. WDW on the other hand has a large captive audience that flies in from all over and only can come every once in a while so they are willing to pay up-charges for certain experiences. WDW needs no incentive for people to come, they are going to come anyways, now they just want to cash in on every dollar they can get while people are there. that is the nature of business. you cant use this as a platform to trash one park for doing something the others don't. comparing tokyo and california disney's to wdw based on their clientele and experiences offered is like comparing apples to oranges.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast