Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 56 of 56
  1. #46

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,346

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Were not really that far apart in how we see things, Aotphks. Let's take a look -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Your statement makes no sense to me. This has nothing to do with lowering prices or whether things were done differently if Walt Disney was alive.
    Well, your original comment was "Disney should just offer the entertainment for all at regular prices." So this does indeed seem to be an economic discussion. Disney will continue to charge the prices that the market will support. And, sadly, they'll continue to let more people in to each party as the demand remains. If, say, they only allowed 5,000 people at each party in the past, and they sold it out each time, then it would only make sense for them to bump that number up for future parties. So now there's much more of a crowd, and Disney is still making the big bucks from these parties. As goofy said above, the Florida MK is much different than the other parks around the world, and can obviously support the pay-extra "private" parties. Do I like it? Of course not - I'd much rather get to visit the MK for free every night of the holiday season. But that's not the reality, and with the schedule of my current trip my only option to see the MK at night was at one of the parties.

    But the value of money is relative to every person. For me? NO, I would not pay, I don't find the parties to be worth it for what they offer.
    Yes, you gladly paid to attend and you are happy you did, I get it, but IMO, you and all the others who attend these parties were and will continue to be "had".
    Being "had" indicates that something was put over on me, that I paid for something that I didn't receive. I know exactly what I'm buying, and for me I'm sure it will be worth it. Now, if I had a family of 5 and was having to pony up an extra $300 for one evening, well, I'd probably not be so quick to purchase.

  2. #47

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Well.. seems like Dan Young and I have an understanding of sorts.. but I too am not a regular visitor to Disney World. At the most, we take our kids there once every 3 years or so, mostly because we also are fortunate to travel to other parts due to my husband's business being global. But if we were to plan a trip to Disney World for the holidays (our last one was in 2009) we would probably skip the party since they are not offering anything new to merit dropping over $200 for a family of four. Now based on your reply, I would reckon you to be a single male and that of course would make things more affordable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Wow. Well I went twice this past week while I was there and it was worth the money both nights. Now there were loads of party crashers, Cast members asking if people had paid to be in the park AFTER it was 7pm and only asking those who did not have a wrist band and those who were trying to only watch the parades and fireworks and stage shows. Those party crashers were all over the place.
    Another reason why I would prefer to see these holiday events be a part of regular admission. Or do a sweep of the park at 6pm.. and then only allow party goers from 7pm as they used to do in the past.

    BUT I will have to gladly disagree with Dusty and others here on those parties. They are worth the time and money and the memories you take away from the party are forever memorable.
    I am not trying to change anyone's opinion on the subject matter, but your point is well taken. If paying extra for special holiday time at the park brings you that most joy then live it up and attend as much as your budget allows. The memories we took home from the 2009 party were not all that memorable, considering the investment made. But each opinion is different and respected, so i hope you respect that we felt the parties were not worth the money spent.

    You know the parties are what you make of them. You either are going and then leaving believing the party is lacking in areas or you are going in believing the party is worth your hard earned paychecks and coming out believing just that.
    I will have to disagree. When we took our kids to the party, we went in expecting a great time and holiday cheer. Mind you we had a nice time and enjoyed what they did. But we just felt it was not enough or all that unique. If we had paid to go without expecting to have a good time or to criticize every thing they did, then we wouldn't have paid all that money in the first place. So saying "the parties are what you make them" is an argument that makes no sense to me. We visited expecting to have a great time, but it was merely ok but not extra ordinary. For the extra money spent, we expected more. That's all.

  3. #48

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    your argument doesn't fly though, wdw plays to a much different cliental then the other 4 disney parks.
    I honestly don't believe that Disney World's visitors are that different than those in CA, Japan, France or even Hong Kong. All those resorts benefit from out of town visitors. I guess Disneyland Paris more closely resembles what you would consider "WDW clientele", which I would assume means "out of town/tourists", such as ..ALAS.. yours truly and family. I don't believe I am wrong by asking of Disney to give me a reason to visit Orlando every 2-4 years. Trust me, we would have flown there this past october if they had celebrated their 40th anniversary like in years past. But nothing special was done so why bother?
    Like Dan Young stated, he knew what he was paying for when he bought his ticket to the Christmas party, and guess what...so did we. I have seen video and pictures in the internet about these parties and that is why we spent the money to attend. And while the entertainment was adecuate, we were not prepared for the crowded conditions and the closures of some restaurants and attractions. We witnessed an employee getting into a verbal fight with another visitor who obviously didn't know he had to eave the park at 7pm. Those are mostly the issues I have with these party. The overall experience was not worth the money. Sorry that's how my husband and I felt after we attended.



    the reason they cant is they rely so heavily on local visitors that they need to give them a reason to keep coming back. WDW on the other hand has a large captive audience that flies in from all over and only can come every once in a while so they are willing to pay up-charges for certain experiences.
    Again, we are not local visitors and we only visit like every 3 years, but I am educated enough about the disney park. So NO, I will not visit WDW unless there is enough reason for me to spend the money on anything they do. If I wanted to visit there during a special time like Halloween or Christmas, then I would expect that type of entertainment to be offered as part of the package and NOT as additional mark-ups. When we visited in 2009, we knew we had to pay to attend the holidays parties and were very willing to do so as it was part of our vacation plan.

    WDW needs no incentive for people to come, they are going to come anyways
    I am bothered by this comment because you imply that out of town visitors are willing to just come to Orlando simply because there is a Disney park there. It's almost like you are saying people will come just because they don't know any better? Is that how disney management sees it too? Are you employed there? Because I would be insulted if indeed Disney World management thinks that I (an out of town visitor) would spend the money just because that's the way they do things there.

    they just want to cash in on every dollar they can get while people are there. that is the nature of business.
    Maybe that is why their attendance numbers do not add up like it did in previous years? Maybe the nature of their business as you have stated, is to make money without giving back and experience that matches what the other Disneyland parks offer their more local-centric attendance base? Let me keep that in mind because my kids are begging us to take them to see Harry Potter at Universal Studios, and if I can only manage a quick visit to see the new offerings in Fantasyland without having to splurge on a multi day pass to Disney World, then we would be just as happy.
    you cant use this as a platform to trash one park for doing something the others don't
    Actually I did already used it as a platform. Maybe I am more savy about Disney World's happenings than most other FELLOW out of towners who visit there as infrequent as we do, at least that is how I interpret your opinion on mine.

    comparing tokyo and california disney's to wdw based on their clientele and experiences offered is like comparing apples to oranges.
    Maybe or maybe not, but if their clientele is so vastly different, then why are rumours flying about Disney management in California wanting to bring hard ticket holiday parties to Disneyland? Mind you, they already do this for Halloween and seems to me the vastly local followers are dishing up the money, even if they complain about it.. Still who is running to the bank at the end of the day?? Certainly not the visitors.

    Listen, maybe I am very demanding when it comes to investing my money on a product, and I will confess that after visiting the Tokyo Disney parks for the first time in 2010, and enjoying the extraordinary entertainment lineup they put on every day, well.. the Magic Kingdom just doesn't even come close to the perfection that we feel is Tokyo Disneyland. We spent 4 full days at Tokyo Disney and were not ready to leave because we had to skip some attractions in order not to miss other rides, parades and shows. The amount of entertainment and value we got during those days was staggering and cost LESS than a 4-day passport to Disney World. Not even taking in consideration paying extra for parties. Granted, there were two or three Tokyo Disneyland shows that were not part of the admission fee and we chose to skip.

    Remember, when you say I'm comparing apples and oranges, I don't think I am because even disney management believes in the "Unified Disney parks" mentality that is being pushed all across the Disney resorts. In reality.. "where dreams come true" applies more to CA and Tokyo than Paris or Orlando. For what I read on these pages, it seems like Disney is working to prove you wrong about those apples and oranges. But how I see it is this way: Culturally speaking, seems like the japanese management at Tokyo Disney is more inclined to give true quality and value to their guests, and maybe here at home, we may not care much to be that way..which is odd considering our financial times.

    Bottom line is..I will not be HAD again by Disney World, which my husband and I agree it's an inferior and vastly overpriced Disney product when compared to it's sister resorts in Tokyo and Anaheim, regardless of their type of clientele. We may go to Orlando sometime to see Harry Potter, but when it comes to a Disney vacation, our money is being saved for California or Tokyo again, which we hope to see during Christmas 2013.
    Last edited by Aotphks; 12-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.

  4. #49

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,346

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Well.. seems like Dan Young and I have an understanding of sorts...
    I just LOVE it when this happens!!!

  5. #50

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    I just LOVE it when this happens!!!
    Me too actually since I come here for fun stuff and learn and not to be at odds with people, so I am glad we can see eye to eye. I mean.. this is what you said:
    I'd much rather get to visit the MK for free every night of the holiday season. But that's not the reality, and with the schedule of my current trip my only option to see the MK at night was at one of the parties.

    And I recall saying that I was sorry you were put in that situation. But since you WANTED to see the park at night and your schedule didn't allow another visit, then of course, you had to pay and did it gladly, which is understandable. I am sure you are not the only one forced to pay for holiday parties since many who choose to stay at their hotels probably opt to do the same simply because it's the only way to enjoy that. The fact that Disney's own scheduling of these parties put you on that position to contemplate paying is bad enough and whether you chose gladly to pay to do what you WANTED to do, does NOT make it right. This is why I feel you and thousands of others are being "had". I felt "had" because I didn't realize until after it was too late that we paid for something we could have seen for regular day prices from the 25th and after. Whether you gladly paid to attend per your desires, still I see it as you being "had" because they got your money and you enjoyed the magic Kingdom and it's holiday offerings, but they still set you back $60+ dollars.

    We all make choices that are right for us. This is a choice that I will avoid so help me God but I am truly happy for you that you felt the money was well spent and had fun. After all, isn't that why we go to Disneyland parks for?

  6. #51

    • Frustrated A/V Engineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3,346

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    The fact that Disney's own scheduling of these parties put you on that position to contemplate paying is bad enough and whether you chose gladly to pay to do what you WANTED to do, does NOT make it right. This is why I feel you and thousands of others are being "had".
    I was with you right up to this point. I'll say it again - Disney as a business can do whatever they want to do with their own property. They could close it down for a year if they wanted to (not that they ever would), and there's nothing we can do about it. If they want to charge for an event, then it's up to the paying public to decide whether that extra fee is worth it. For me it is - for you it isn't. Nothing wrong with that - different strokes.

    But I still have a big problem with the concept that I've been "had". Again, this implies that I was promised something I didn't receive, or was charged more in secret fees than I should have been. And this just isn't true. I have a good idea what the party will provide, I know up front what the charges are, and I have made the conscious decision to pay that price for that event. There is no deception involved, no pulling the wool over my eyes. I have not, in any way that I can discover, been had. Obviously you don't see the value in the parties, and think I'm wasting my money. And that's reasonable. And just as obviously, I don't agree.

    So, agree to disagree?

  7. #52

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    I honestly don't believe that Disney World's visitors are that different than those in CA, Japan, France or even Hong Kong. All those resorts benefit from out of town visitors. I guess Disneyland Paris more closely resembles what you would consider "WDW clientele", which I would assume means "out of town/tourists", such as ..ALAS.. yours truly and family. I don't believe I am wrong by asking of Disney to give me a reason to visit Orlando every 2-4 years. Trust me, we would have flown there this past october if they had celebrated their 40th anniversary like in years past. But nothing special was done so why bother?
    Like Dan Young stated, he knew what he was paying for when he bought his ticket to the Christmas party, and guess what...so did we. I have seen video and pictures in the internet about these parties and that is why we spent the money to attend. And while the entertainment was adecuate, we were not prepared for the crowded conditions and the closures of some restaurants and attractions. We witnessed an employee getting into a verbal fight with another visitor who obviously didn't know he had to eave the park at 7pm. Those are mostly the issues I have with these party. The overall experience was not worth the money. Sorry that's how my husband and I felt after we attended.
    I'm not saying this is the best thing in the world, i am very much of the same school of thought as dan, I'm just saying don't complain about the lack of choice or the fact they made hard ticketed events. their a company and they are going to do whats best for business. in their opinions they feel they have given people reasons to come without the need to celebrate their anniversaries in a spectacular manner. they think that the dining and hotel discounts and the addition of updated rides like star tours or new fantasyland is incentive enough for people to come out and most likely they will as usual once disney throws it up in another big marketing campaign. if you say you knew what you were paying for and accepted it as a valid purchase like dan did then you wouldn't be spending so much time writing long winded responses about how its not worth the money. i understand you had a bad experience but if its not worth the money and you knew what you were paying for...dont pay for it, its that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Again, we are not local visitors and we only visit like every 3 years, but I am educated enough about the disney park. So NO, I will not visit WDW unless there is enough reason for me to spend the money on anything they do. If I wanted to visit there during a special time like Halloween or Christmas, then I would expect that type of entertainment to be offered as part of the package and NOT as additional mark-ups. When we visited in 2009, we knew we had to pay to attend the holidays parties and were very willing to do so as it was part of our vacation plan.
    ok but your needs are beside the point I'm trying to make here. disney caters to, and in turn attempts to squeeze the most money out of the majority. you cant cover every base and obviously your dynamic in particular is not one of the bases WDW is willing to cover. Disney has a loyal international, and particularily loyal domestic, following that comes to the park several times a year, owns timeshares there ect. they don't feel like they need to provide any more incentives to people then necessary, those cost money, and instead they want to make a maximum profit, which a slimmed down hard ticket party that people were already going to attend anyways for the most part does for you. on top of this there isn't very much they offer during the party that isn't also available to any guest that doesn't already pay for the ticket during regular park hours so really your getting your christmas experience just fine if you go to the MK during regular hours anyways so theres not even a need to pay for the experience in the first place that your complaining about. I'm sorry disney isn't giving you a bunch more stuff for free but again ill say its a business and they aren't going to offer up things they don't have to that will cut into their profit margins its that simple, if you think anything different your being silly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    I am bothered by this comment because you imply that out of town visitors are willing to just come to Orlando simply because there is a Disney park there. It's almost like you are saying people will come just because they don't know any better? Is that how disney management sees it too? Are you employed there? Because I would be insulted if indeed Disney World management thinks that I (an out of town visitor) would spend the money just because that's the way they do things there.
    I'm not implying it, I'm shouting it from the rooftops. its a clear and undeniable fact. people will continue to go to WDW because it is WDW they have built that kind of a following, its that simple. thats exactly how disney management sees it until numbers drop off, which they haven't. soooo i guess be insulted lol because thats the way every single company in the world in a position of power works, not just disney. its the concept of how much we can get away with as opposed to what else can we do for the customer. this is a fact of life, only companies that HAVE to offer the additional work for the customer will, for example universal. if they operated the way disney does they would be in a lot of trouble right now, however to compete with disney they are attempting to offer a rediculous amount of new perks and services for the customer that disney doesn't and in turn it allows them to compete somewhat with the giant conglomerate. I hate to break it too you but people in globo-national companies are in it for the money, they don't care about you, sorry to burst the bubble.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Maybe that is why their attendance numbers do not add up like it did in previous years? Maybe the nature of their business as you have stated, is to make money without giving back and experience that matches what the other Disneyland parks offer their more local-centric attendance base? Let me keep that in mind because my kids are begging us to take them to see Harry Potter at Universal Studios, and if I can only manage a quick visit to see the new offerings in Fantasyland without having to splurge on a multi day pass to Disney World, then we would be just as happy.
    they dropped a percent this year, a year where there was major construction going on in their most important park, i assure you they are not concerned. also their numbers add up just fine to previous years as they have been continually increasing for a long time now. dropping very slightly does not hurt their pockets. i would suggest if you are unhappy with the fact of life i just told you above you go see the more customer service oriented universal studios, by all means, spend your money where you think your getting the most bang for your buck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Actually I did already used it as a platform. Maybe I am more savy about Disney World's happenings than most other FELLOW out of towners who visit there as infrequent as we do, at least that is how I interpret your opinion on mine.
    you don't seem to be getting in though, if wdw had any competition or major local group that required them to do the things the other disney parks do then they would be doing them right now. this isn't an inherent issue with the resort itself its an issue in the world we live in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Maybe or maybe not, but if their clientele is so vastly different, then why are rumours flying about Disney management in California wanting to bring hard ticket holiday parties to Disneyland? Mind you, they already do this for Halloween and seems to me the vastly local followers are dishing up the money, even if they complain about it.. Still who is running to the bank at the end of the day?? Certainly not the visitors.
    ....because they think that people will pay for the convenience and there wont be too much of a complaint from seasons ticket holders. also christmas is one of the times they get their most out of town visitors so see the WDW theory again. California is also in a bit of a different sector as well as it has built up a ridiculously loyal following that will pay anything over the last 50 years or so. international parks are still a lot younger and don't carry that same clout as well as not having that american domestic base to feed off of.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Listen, maybe I am very demanding when it comes to investing my money on a product, and I will confess that after visiting the Tokyo Disney parks for the first time in 2010, and enjoying the extraordinary entertainment lineup they put on every day, well.. the Magic Kingdom just doesn't even come close to the perfection that we feel is Tokyo Disneyland. We spent 4 full days at Tokyo Disney and were not ready to leave because we had to skip some attractions in order not to miss other rides, parades and shows. The amount of entertainment and value we got during those days was staggering and cost LESS than a 4-day passport to Disney World. Not even taking in consideration paying extra for parties. Granted, there were two or three Tokyo Disneyland shows that were not part of the admission fee and we chose to skip.
    whatever your opinions are, cool if you feel your dollars are better spent in tokyo....go to tokyo its really that simple. again as i said before tokyo needs to compete with the local clientele with a much smaller international draw and other local entertainment offerings in a less secure market so they are going to offer the customer more incentives. it really is that simple.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Remember, when you say I'm comparing apples and oranges, I don't think I am because even disney management believes in the "Unified Disney parks" mentality that is being pushed all across the Disney resorts. In reality.. "where dreams come true" applies more to CA and Tokyo than Paris or Orlando. For what I read on these pages, it seems like Disney is working to prove you wrong about those apples and oranges. But how I see it is this way: Culturally speaking, seems like the japanese management at Tokyo Disney is more inclined to give true quality and value to their guests, and maybe here at home, we may not care much to be that way..which is odd considering our financial times.
    lol if you really believe that a company slogan is a bonding force between different branches then your being really foolish. it was just a way for them to save money by producing merchandise and shopping bags all with the same logo and cutting out park specific logos on products allowing the company to localize production, cut costs, and save on shipping, it has nothing to do with the benefit of the parks at all. bringing up a cultural argument is a bit racist to me however its not even a cultural issue, tokyo is owned and run by a totally separate company so its a corporate philosophy and regional needs issue not anything to do with the cultures we come form or the color of our skin, which members of both groups may very well be on each others boards. japan also went through an even worse financial issue recently with economic collapse and the tsunamis and earth quakes ssooo yeah, your argument was sunk there as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    Bottom line is..I will not be HAD again by Disney World, which my husband and I agree it's an inferior and vastly overpriced Disney product when compared to it's sister resorts in Tokyo and Anaheim, regardless of their type of clientele. We may go to Orlando sometime to see Harry Potter, but when it comes to a Disney vacation, our money is being saved for California or Tokyo again, which we hope to see during Christmas 2013.
    again, you were not had, you said yourself you knew what you were paying for and you paid it its that simple. if you don't feel its worth the money don't pay for the experience. have a nice time wherever you choose to vacation in the future, WDW is not changing any time in the future whether thats right or wrong.

  8. #53

    • Team Hail HYDRA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    2741 Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    i think DLR is more of a regional park than a full on week resort

    Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com


  9. #54

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    I don't know about the Christmas party, but I went to the Halloween event this year. It was pretty crowded BUT wait times for rides were minimal.

  10. #55

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I'm not saying this is the best thing in the world, i am very much of the same school of thought as dan, I'm just saying don't complain about the lack of choice or the fact they made hard ticketed events. their a company and they are going to do whats best for business. in their opinions they feel they have given people reasons to come without the need to celebrate their anniversaries in a spectacular manner. they think that the dining and hotel discounts and the addition of updated rides like star tours or new fantasyland is incentive enough for people to come out and most likely they will as usual once disney throws it up in another big marketing campaign. if you say you knew what you were paying for and accepted it as a valid purchase like dan did then you wouldn't be spending so much time writing long winded responses about how its not worth the money. i understand you had a bad experience but if its not worth the money and you knew what you were paying for...dont pay for it, its that simple.



    ok but your needs are beside the point I'm trying to make here. disney caters to, and in turn attempts to squeeze the most money out of the majority. you cant cover every base and obviously your dynamic in particular is not one of the bases WDW is willing to cover. Disney has a loyal international, and particularily loyal domestic, following that comes to the park several times a year, owns timeshares there ect. they don't feel like they need to provide any more incentives to people then necessary, those cost money, and instead they want to make a maximum profit, which a slimmed down hard ticket party that people were already going to attend anyways for the most part does for you. on top of this there isn't very much they offer during the party that isn't also available to any guest that doesn't already pay for the ticket during regular park hours so really your getting your christmas experience just fine if you go to the MK during regular hours anyways so theres not even a need to pay for the experience in the first place that your complaining about. I'm sorry disney isn't giving you a bunch more stuff for free but again ill say its a business and they aren't going to offer up things they don't have to that will cut into their profit margins its that simple, if you think anything different your being silly.



    I'm not implying it, I'm shouting it from the rooftops. its a clear and undeniable fact. people will continue to go to WDW because it is WDW they have built that kind of a following, its that simple. thats exactly how disney management sees it until numbers drop off, which they haven't. soooo i guess be insulted lol because thats the way every single company in the world in a position of power works, not just disney. its the concept of how much we can get away with as opposed to what else can we do for the customer. this is a fact of life, only companies that HAVE to offer the additional work for the customer will, for example universal. if they operated the way disney does they would be in a lot of trouble right now, however to compete with disney they are attempting to offer a rediculous amount of new perks and services for the customer that disney doesn't and in turn it allows them to compete somewhat with the giant conglomerate. I hate to break it too you but people in globo-national companies are in it for the money, they don't care about you, sorry to burst the bubble.



    they dropped a percent this year, a year where there was major construction going on in their most important park, i assure you they are not concerned. also their numbers add up just fine to previous years as they have been continually increasing for a long time now. dropping very slightly does not hurt their pockets. i would suggest if you are unhappy with the fact of life i just told you above you go see the more customer service oriented universal studios, by all means, spend your money where you think your getting the most bang for your buck.



    you don't seem to be getting in though, if wdw had any competition or major local group that required them to do the things the other disney parks do then they would be doing them right now. this isn't an inherent issue with the resort itself its an issue in the world we live in.



    ....because they think that people will pay for the convenience and there wont be too much of a complaint from seasons ticket holders. also christmas is one of the times they get their most out of town visitors so see the WDW theory again. California is also in a bit of a different sector as well as it has built up a ridiculously loyal following that will pay anything over the last 50 years or so. international parks are still a lot younger and don't carry that same clout as well as not having that american domestic base to feed off of.



    whatever your opinions are, cool if you feel your dollars are better spent in tokyo....go to tokyo its really that simple. again as i said before tokyo needs to compete with the local clientele with a much smaller international draw and other local entertainment offerings in a less secure market so they are going to offer the customer more incentives. it really is that simple.



    lol if you really believe that a company slogan is a bonding force between different branches then your being really foolish. it was just a way for them to save money by producing merchandise and shopping bags all with the same logo and cutting out park specific logos on products allowing the company to localize production, cut costs, and save on shipping, it has nothing to do with the benefit of the parks at all. bringing up a cultural argument is a bit racist to me however its not even a cultural issue, tokyo is owned and run by a totally separate company so its a corporate philosophy and regional needs issue not anything to do with the cultures we come form or the color of our skin, which members of both groups may very well be on each others boards. japan also went through an even worse financial issue recently with economic collapse and the tsunamis and earth quakes ssooo yeah, your argument was sunk there as well.



    again, you were not had, you said yourself you knew what you were paying for and you paid it its that simple. if you don't feel its worth the money don't pay for the experience. have a nice time wherever you choose to vacation in the future, WDW is not changing any time in the future whether thats right or wrong.
    It's not my intention to make a habit of rehashing my point of view, especially when I understand your point of view. But I don't comprehend why you take it so personally that I dislike having to pay for these parties when in fact they should just offer the special entertainment at regular prices. For the record...I do AGREE WITH YOU that Disney is a business, that Disney World will never change their way of doing business, and that people will continue to pay for these parties because they believe they get their money's worth. More so, you don't have to tell me what I need to do, because I am already doing it: NOT giving my business to Disney World. Like you say to me.."go to Tokyo". Well sadly it's not that easy. I do have to wait to see if my husband is sent there on business before we can visit. We are however saving money but seems like that will be spent in Disneyland CA later this year.
    Point blank is.. I can see and understand you point of view very well, even if we don't agree, but you should give me the same opportunity to understand and respect mine instead of chastising me for my position on this issue. If Disney World rocks your world then by all means I am happy for you, I don't take that against you as you appear to be doing towards me. I am sorry that you are threatened by the notion that other people just don't feel these parties are worth the money, or Disney World's way of doing business is not in my best interest because it only makes me wonder if you are involved or employed with Disney and your position on this is compromised by being biased. Me? NO, I am not employed at Disney but do enjoy their product, and felt it was best delivered during our visit to the Tokyo Disney parks. If I could afford a trip to Japan every year, then I would gladly spend my money there. Sadly that's not the way it is. Bottom line: I will spend my money when I feel my vacation is worth spending. It so happens that Disney World is at this point in time not the place for us to go. Sorry if that upsets up.

    And Dan Young.. I thought I explained this. Yes, I paid to attend the holiday party having an idea of what to expect, but the reason why I felt "had" is because after we paid and experienced the party, I didn't know I could have seen the same entertainment for regular day prices if we had waited just 2 two days. When I say many people are "had" is because I assume many people are also in the dark about this. Disney should make party attendees awared that the entertainment offered during the parties will be available to all guests the last week of christmas. But like the other poster stated, Disney is a business. Its not about pixie dust and magic, but MONEY. So why should they do that? I understand this quite well from a business point of view.

    I'm not against people attending these parties. I just disagree with Disney World charging extra for them because what they do during the parties don't quite match the price they are asking for to attend. That's all.
    Last edited by Aotphks; 12-07-2012 at 08:55 AM.

  11. #56

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,766

    Re: MVMCP- Getting too crowded?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    It's not my intention to make a habit of rehashing my point of view, especially when I understand your point of view. But I don't comprehend why you take it so personally that I dislike having to pay for these parties when in fact they should just offer the special entertainment at regular prices. For the record...I do AGREE WITH YOU that Disney is a business, that Disney World will never change their way of doing business, and that people will continue to pay for these parties because they believe they get their money's worth. More so, you don't have to tell me what I need to do, because I am already doing it: NOT giving my business to Disney World. Like you say to me.."go to Tokyo". Well sadly it's not that easy. I do have to wait to see if my husband is sent there on business before we can visit. We are however saving money but seems like that will be spent in Disneyland CA later this year.
    Point blank is.. I can see and understand you point of view very well, even if we don't agree, but you should give me the same opportunity to understand and respect mine instead of chastising me for my position on this issue. If Disney World rocks your world then by all means I am happy for you, I don't take that against you as you appear to be doing towards me. I am sorry that you are threatened by the notion that other people just don't feel these parties are worth the money, or Disney World's way of doing business is not in my best interest because it only makes me wonder if you are involved or employed with Disney and your position on this is compromised by being biased. Me? NO, I am not employed at Disney but do enjoy their product, and felt it was best delivered during our visit to the Tokyo Disney parks. If I could afford a trip to Japan every year, then I would gladly spend my money there. Sadly that's not the way it is. Bottom line: I will spend my money when I feel my vacation is worth spending. It so happens that Disney World is at this point in time not the place for us to go. Sorry if that upsets up.

    And Dan Young.. I thought I explained this. Yes, I paid to attend the holiday party having an idea of what to expect, but the reason why I felt "had" is because after we paid and experienced the party, I didn't know I could have seen the same entertainment for regular day prices if we had waited just 2 two days. When I say many people are "had" is because I assume many people are also in the dark about this. Disney should make party attendees awared that the entertainment offered during the parties will be available to all guests the last week of christmas. But like the other poster stated, Disney is a business. Its not about pixie dust and magic, but MONEY. So why should they do that? I understand this quite well from a business point of view.

    I'm not against people attending these parties. I just disagree with Disney World charging extra for them because what they do during the parties don't quite match the price they are asking for to attend. That's all.
    I'm sorry since when did i chastise you? since when did i say that the parties were great? since when did i even say i enjoyed them? I am most certainly not threatened by you or your opinions, I'm just trying to emphasize to you how things in the world work and your above comments were not exactly in line with that. if you don't like how they work in that particular area then spend your money elsewhere.I am no defender of WDW today as much as i love the place and could care less where you spend your vacation dollars, lol you are way off if you think I'm upset by what you've said. disney will not include anything as a "free" experience if they don't have to so if that free experience is so important to you go somewhere the company is forced to make it a free experience. you were not had, you said yourself you were an "informed" and "savy" person in disney information. you knew what you were paying for, you chose to pay for it, this is an issue of either yourself not gathering the proper information necessary or having second thoughts about spending the money you spent. I agree its not worth the money at the end of the day either, but if its not worth the extra then again dont pay it, its that simple, nobody is forcing you to pay.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Too Crowded a simple idea
    By Magus in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:19 PM
  2. Am I getting too old for the new Disney?
    By davewasbaloo in forum Community Outpost
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 03:15 PM
  3. MTV - Am I just getting too old??
    By BFJen in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
  4. Chinese official: Hong Kong Disneyland too crowded-Orlando Sentinel - 3/8/2006
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-09-2006, 05:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •