Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Tower in Fantasyland!

A new tower has appeared in Fantasyland! It is near the new bathrooms. Click link for pictures! Discuss!

wdwmagic.com
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 12-01-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Link to non-partner site removed per MC policy.

• Minion

Re: New Tower in Fantasyland!

ORWEN: Oh, I'm just so excited about this I can't hide it! Rapunzel is one of my favorite Disney princesses--after Princess Aurora, of course. And I was the first witch to suggest that they do this very thing! Build a tower for Rapunzel in the new Fantasyland!!

ORGOCH: Yeah, well, it's too bad she ain't got a better location, though, what with all them stinky outhouses at the foot a her new digs. I'd be havin' a serious chat with waste management 'bout that, if'n I was her!!

• I'm a Lutheran

Very nice addition. Those folks down at WDI have really hit a home run with this one.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

ORGOCH: Maybe. But if'n I was Rapurplepunzel I sure wouldn't wanna' open any windows on a hot, sticky night in Florida--not with all them out houses down there at the base a the tower. Cain't ya just imagine the fumes waftin' up there?!?!

• I'm a Lutheran

Bahahahahahahaha, first she's trapped in a tower. Then someone decides to build bathrooms down below.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Resident of the Caldera

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing from the big picture. The Walt Disney Company is spending a lot of money to build a set of toilets in fancy buildings that look like part of the village from Tangled, while the AA figures in Splash Mountain are not working.

WTF?
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Yeah about that...Fukai I think you hit the nail on the head, but it could stem from the fact that A Song of the South is not a marketable film in it's on right due in part to it's notoreity...and as such Rappunsel is given priority I'm guessing?

But it looks awesome can't wait to see it in person in Jan!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• i heart plunging v-necks

Those are some fancy restrooms. Too bad but I can see the weathervane from the Haunted Mansion poking out from behind and the gigantic, out of scale trees towering over the tower.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Like many of the other elements in new Fantasyland, the forced perspective isn’t working and this feature just appears to be out of scale.

Just like the Beast Castle up on the hill, and the grand ballroom inside BOG restaurant.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    Like many of the other elements in new Fantasyland, the forced perspective isn’t working and this feature just appears to be out of scale.

Just like the Beast Castle up on the hill, and the grand ballroom inside BOG restaurant.
    Many really don't care about that. Just that it is there. I mean there's only so much room to work with in the amount of space they have chosen to work with. I guess some people will walk through the new Fantasyland with digust over things they feel are more than what they really are while others, many many others, will just walk through and smile and snap a photo and feel great about seeing it in person, NO MATTER THE SIZE or "correct" whatever portions the icons are suppose to be.

It's easy to tell which group of people I fall under.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I just hope I can't see this from Haunted Mansion for several reasons; otherwise, it's BEAUTIFUL and a really great idea.
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Minion

ORDDU: Keep in mind that you've all been able to view Cinderella's Castle for many years while in Frontierland. Not too many have complained about that have they? So why should any more complain about Rapunzel's tower? Aside from that, they may actually go forward with the idea of planting trees that will hide the tower from being seen in Liberty square.

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing from the big picture. The Walt Disney Company is spending a lot of money to build a set of toilets in fancy buildings that look like part of the village from Tangled, while the AA figures in Splash Mountain are not working.

WTF?
    What you're missing is the fact that they are erecting these restrooms so that they can tear out the current restrooms across the way next to Peter Pan and extend that ride's queue out that way.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    What you're missing is the fact that they are erecting these restrooms so that they can tear out the current restrooms across the way next to Peter Pan and extend that ride's queue out that way.
    Cool, I didn't figure that out while I was there... but it does make sense. I knew about the new que they wanted to build and I knew about the new restrooms but forgot that there would be 2 in that small area. Thanks for helping me see what is so obvious. LOL.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

It's the Princess and the Pee!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast