Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Question Disney Fast Pass +

Hey guys! So I just received something in the mail indicating I've been chosen to participate in the Fast Pass + on my trip. I'm able to choose 4 experiences from MK and 3 from DHS. Has anybody had any experience with this yet? How would I benefit most from using this service? The experiences I'm thinking about are as follows...

MK:

Space Mountain
    Parade Viewing Area
    Big Thunder
    Little Mermaid

DHS:

Tower of Terror
    Star Tours
    Toy Story

I will of course write my review after my trip!
    Jeff Wayne

• Banned User

Re: Disney Fast Pass +

I havent. Tell me how it goes though!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Hey guys! So I just received something in the mail indicating I've been chosen to participate in the Fast Pass + on my trip. I'm able to choose 4 experiences from MK and 3 from DHS. Has anybody had any experience with this yet? How would I benefit most from using this service? The experiences I'm thinking about are as follows...

MK:

Space Mountain
    Parade Viewing Area
    Big Thunder
    Little Mermaid

DHS:

Tower of Terror
    Star Tours
    Toy Story

I will of course write my review after my trip!
    switch ToT with rockin rollercoaster, the former is usually a faster loader. also maybe throw something like peter pan in too. try to really test the limits of the system.

• Bearing with the bears

Dump Star Tours, the line is rather quick and the line has nice eye candy to keep you distracted go with RR instead, the thing loads very slowly (I still don't understand why they went with Vekoma trains with restraints instead of lap bars). Peter Pan isn't worth a FP+ honestly, just pick up a normal FP when you go to Fantasyland, it'll give you time to go on the other rides in the area and Little Mermaid is an Omnimover ride so I wouldn't take a FP for that either since it has the interactive queue line. Plus since you're in CA I take it you've seen the DCA version and they're carbon copies apart from that element. Maybe consider Splash Mountain since the line can get long for that thing.

• Minion

I actually haven't been to TLM here in California and I chose it because it is new. I will go ahead and change Tower of Terror with RR though!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

can we get photos of the document or mailing flyer. I have a trip coming up in late feb. Really want to see what to look for.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Minion

I don't have a scanner, but I took these pictures with my Iphone. It will give you an idea on what to look for!

The envelope

The Fast Pass Cards

Information sheets

Jeff Wayne

• Minion

I'd also like to share what the options are for the two parks that I've been chosen for

Disney's Hollywood Studios:

Choose 1 experience from the following:

Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
    Toy Story Mania!

Choose 2 experiences from the following:

Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
    Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
    Muppet*Vision 3D
    Star Tours
    The American Idol Experience
    The Great Movie Ride
    The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Voyage of The Little Mermaid

Magic Kingdom Park:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
    Disney Princesses at Town Square Theater
    Enchanted Tales with Belle
    Main Street Electrical Parade
    Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Space Mountain
    Splash Mountain
    Wishes Nighttime Spectacular

Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
    Dumbo the Flying Elephant
    Haunted Mansion
    Jungle Cruise
    Mickey's PhilharMagic
    Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
    The Barnstormer
    The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

toy story
    tower of terror / star tours
    big thunder / space mountain
    jungle cruise / pooh

that way you will get the widest array of rides to see how the new system deals with some of the most high stress rides in the park, then try and get a look at how the shows and parades deal with the FP+ users. its much easier to see how the process is working without actually using the FP with shows and parades as opposed to rides as the process is closed off the whole time to the main line.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    toy story
    tower of terror / star tours
    big thunder / space mountain
    jungle cruise / pooh

that way you will get the widest array of rides to see how the new system deals with some of the most high stress rides in the park, then try and get a look at how the shows and parades deal with the FP+ users. its much easier to see how the process is working without actually using the FP with shows and parades as opposed to rides as the process is closed off the whole time to the main line.
    Thank you. I'm definitely going with your selections. My top concerns with this program are that it sort of puts added stress on your trip. I'm not even sure I will make some of these windows as sometimes you like to just feel the day out. My other concern is that you either have to memorize your times or print out your own paper (another thing to carry.)

What I do like about this test is I will be able to still get fastpasses with my own park hopper ticket, because this test is separate.
    Jeff Wayne

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Thank you. I'm definitely going with your selections. My top concerns with this program are that it sort of puts added stress on your trip. I'm not even sure I will make some of these windows as sometimes you like to just feel the day out. My other concern is that you either have to memorize your times or print out your own paper (another thing to carry.)

What I do like about this test is I will be able to still get fastpasses with my own park hopper ticket, because this test is separate.
    oh i think this system combined with the uprising of universal will be the eventual downfall of WDW if this continues. its a travesty that the exec can be so out of touch they think people want to plan their entire vacations down to the minute with no room for error, im just interested to see how the system works in this slowly turning into orwellian 1984 version of WDW lol. wait until the system breaks down or someone loses a bracelet / didnt have it uploaded properly and now has no ride or dinner renovations, panic ensues haha.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    oh i think this system combined with the uprising of universal will be the eventual downfall of WDW if this continues. its a travesty that the exec can be so out of touch they think people want to plan their entire vacations down to the minute with no room for error, im just interested to see how the system works in this slowly turning into orwellian 1984 version of WDW lol. wait until the system breaks down or someone loses a bracelet / didnt have it uploaded properly and now has no ride or dinner renovations, panic ensues haha.
    I can definitely see how the system can/will have its faults, the only good I think that comes from this is getting some Fastpasses for attractions that are ordinarily busy. I feel like I'm not going at a very busy time, next Monday to be exact, so we will see if I will even need this.
    Jeff Wayne

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

Since you have an iPhone you can install the My Disney Experience app if you haven't done so already. A lot of the NextGen or NGE items will be related to this app.

This app will continue to be developed and released as they get out of the "test" phase and go live. It will allow you track your FastPasses and help you find what experiences are available in the park or wherever you are.

I'm sure you will enjoy your FastPass+ test. Enjoy it! We will look forward to hearing about your experience.
    Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SparkInTheDark View Post
    Since you have an iPhone you can install the My Disney Experience app if you haven't done so already. A lot of the NextGen or NGE items will be related to this app.

This app will continue to be developed and released as they get out of the "test" phase and go live. It will allow you track your FastPasses and help you find what experiences are available in the park or wherever you are.

I'm sure you will enjoy your FastPass+ test. Enjoy it! We will look forward to hearing about your experience.
    Thank you for the heads up!
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

AWESOME. Thanks for uploading the pictures. I hope with my next trip coming in a few months i'll get this in the mail.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast