View Poll Results: Good idea?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Let's take a Stand! We want it back!

25 92.59%
  • No! The attraction is fine as it is! Don't bother!

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    We Want That!

• Bearing with the bears

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    When they first dug up the turntable pit for the 2000 "rehab" it was busted beyond repair. However that doesn't mean they can't figure out a new way to do it, maybe have the ride vehicles stand still and have projections behind the Dreamcatcher giving the impression of movement? Tony is the only one who can head this project Imagination! is Mr. Baxter's baby and he has to like any parent guide it out of the dark. If he was in charge we could rest peacefully knowing the job would be done right.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA
    Then you risk making the load cycle horribly inefficient. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the original restored however it's not viable for Disney. You can't remove what they've done to Imagination, they'd have to rebuild half of the pavilion (and no you can't turn a carousel theater into an omnimover ride). Anyway at this point they probably would just replace half of the sets with gimmicky 3D screens.

• Minion

We Want That!
    lol spark chaser and many others just explained to you that cant be done, it physically cannot happen in any realistic dimension.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Then you risk making the load cycle horribly inefficient. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see the original restored however it's not viable for Disney. You can't remove what they've done to Imagination, they'd have to rebuild half of the pavilion (and no you can't turn a carousel theater into an omnimover ride). Anyway at this point they probably would just replace half of the sets with gimmicky 3D screens.
    yeah i was just going to say that and stationary ride vehicles staring at projection screens sounds incredibly bad and exactly what disney would want to do haha.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol spark chaser and many others just explained to you that cant be done, it physically cannot happen in any realistic dimension.
    I know probably the building can't be restored but what I'm saying is is that they should figure out a way to create that affect again then. My imagination on Journey into Imagination would be to 1.Restore the original soundtrack 2.Redo the building a bit 3.find out someway to recreate the opening scene 4.bring back the original ride as much as possible. 5.bring back the original image works 6.bring back the Dreamfinder and Figment walk around characters

• Bearing with the bears

yeah i was just going to say that and stationary ride vehicles staring at projection screens sounds incredibly bad and exactly what disney would want to do haha.
    Well screens can help some rides (TT 2.0 looks spectacular), hell they've used glass in creative ways for decades however imagination should not be one of those for rides, it's charm came from it's warn sets and friendly hosts, if it went full CG it would lose it's charm.

• Bearing with the bears

I know probably the building can't be restored but what I'm saying is is that they should figure out a way to create that affect again then. My imagination on Journey into Imagination would be to 1.Restore the original soundtrack 2.Redo the building a bit 3.find out someway to recreate the opening scene 4.bring back the original ride as much as possible. 5.bring back the original image works 6.bring back the Dreamfinder and Figment walk around characters
    I'm sorry but this point you might as well just hope EPCOT Center get to get full rebuild. We can dream but we still have to be realistic.

• Banned User

Well who knows, I'm sure Tony Baxter can come up with something. After all he is the creator of the original.

• Inappropriate

Heeeey everybody. Now, please don't kill me with sticks or stab me with rusty sprinkler keys, but...

I really enjoy the ride as it stands. HOLD ON, LET ME EXPLAIN! It's a direct ratio of "Time Spent in Line:Enjoyment of Ride."
    I've never waited in line for this. I've walked on every single time I've ridden it. And every time, the ride is just a nice little detour. A major ride? No. It's a major distraction.

The downside is, since I've walked on every time, it's very obviously an unpopular attraction. So I'm stuck in the weird limbo of "If they ever fix it, there will be a line. But if they leave it alone, I get to walk on." I get very torn.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Unhelpful User

its impossible, they've physically cemented over major ride components, the ride will never be brought back in the same format it once was. a new ride with a concept that is reminiscent of the original is a possibility, and in my opinion the best outcome, but the same ride will never be brought back period. its impossible.
    You are so full of crap as usual Goofy Donald, The original can be brought back, technology is far more advance here in the 2010's than it was back in the 80's. You're probably the only Disney fan on the planet that does not want the original back. Sorry pal, but I support DreamfinderFigment's cause to bring back the original, and if you've got a problem with bringing back the original, then go ride that current version which is a monstrosity, and go work for Dr. Nigel Puke and his Imagination Crapitute.
    Last edited by edward1978; 12-03-2012 at 09:44 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

well i enjoyed the current ride and did not really get anything from the original after seeing it on YouTube. I actually dont' need or want the original to return. But I also wouldn't mind the entire building to be gutted out and redone with an all new ride with Figment, a 3rd attempt at creating something that comes with a new 3d show. I'm all game for that. But hopefully an original story and creation rather than a Pixar themed ride/attraction.

I also enjoyed Honey I Shrunk the Audience and miss it. It was great memories for me in my past visits to the park and my family's reaction to the show was memorable. EO is great and all but I miss Hista.

My single vote is to leave the attraction as is. The only thing I don't miss is the HISTA Kodak preshow... my GOD that was long and draining to watch. But I missed that too. i found that video on YouTube and saved it, just 'cause it's not there anymore.

Hey, at least Figment is still around and not forgotten.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    You are so full of crap as usual Goofy Donald, The original can be brought back, technology is far more advance here in the 2010's than it was back in the 80's. You're probably the only Disney fan on the planet that does not want the original back. Sorry pal, but I support DreamfinderFigment's cause to bring back the original, and if you've got a problem with bringing back the original, then go ride that current version which is a monstrosity, and go work for Dr. Nigel Puke and his Imagination Crapitute.
    He's full of crap because he knows Disney will never do it? They know most people hate the current iteration of the ride just like they knew most patrons hated The Enchanted Tiki Room: Under New Management but did they replace it? No! It took a fire to get a cheap version of the original. Sure they could do it, it would cost millions and they wouldn't see a big return for that investment.

I've been dreaming for years for Horizons to be rebuilt but I know it will never happen, I know M:S pulls in enough guests and is cheaper to maintain then a large scale AA Omnomover ride. Unless a big sponsor comes along and says they want something better the current iteration is bound to stay were it is.
    Being realistic is not being full of crap.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    lol wow somebody really got angry before they wrote this comment! as BandM put it very well no I would not be averse to the original coming back but I know that disney will not bring it back and again its impossible to truly bring it back entirely at this point. if you want to bring back the attraction "exactly as it was", you have to bring back its ride system as well. Considering the turntable is broken beyond repair and mostly covered with concrete that would be a rather difficult proposition, last time i checked technology hasn't caught up to "broken beyond repair" and "metal covered in concrete" yet but you keep believing it has. add to that the fact that the path and foot print of the ride is now totally different (when you go through the queue now your actually walking through where the old ride once stood) and it leads me to believe the best alternative, again, is a new ride reminiscent of the original attraction. dude i even said this in the post you quoted, try actually reading what people say before you go after them. or you can just keep being a big tough guy on the internet, either way haha.

by the way
    @dreamfinderfigment: i think your poll isn't a very accurate representation of how people feel. some (myself included) are not happy with whats there now but don't think the answer is / will not be from, bringing back a ride from the 80's. there should be a third option asking if people would want a new ride experience to be created reminiscent of the original.

We Want That!
    Yes...yes we do.
    For the love of Disney....

Let's all calm down.

Will Disney bring the original ride back? That is debatable. People can have their opinions and go back and forth as they wish.

On the fact of whether it can be physically done, or not? Yes, it can. However, it isn't going to be as easy as DreamfinderFigment might think it is.

As others stated a lot of the ride where the tracks are located had concrete poured into it. Also, a lot of walls have been taken down, some were built, and walls have been painted over. New footage of Figment and Dr. Nigel was animated, new sets were made, and a completely different storyline. The ride is completely different and is obviously not the ride it used to be. However, technically it can come back to the original ride. However, this isn't something you can "fix", or "change back".

To be put bluntly, you basically have to demolish everything and start from scratch.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast