View Poll Results: Good idea?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Let's take a Stand! We want it back!

25 92.59%
  • No! The attraction is fine as it is! Don't bother!

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Last time we bombarded them with letters we got arrogant Figment and Eric Idle in a lab coat. Maybe we should try another approach this time.
    How else can we let them know? If we tell people to avoid the ride they give us weird looks and probably call security (people these days are too sensitive and/or sue-happy). Even then we most likely will have just caused the rides closure and no development for years.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Any sort of letter writing campaign should be based around real letters. Emails can be easily deleted or sent off to the spam. Real letters have to really be thrown away and someone might even read some of it first because they also don't typically have subject lines.

Disney hates getting ideas for new rides. Well they might not hate it but they can't legally use it. While restoring the old Journey Into Imagination isn't exactly a new idea, they probably wouldn't appreciate being told what they need to do. It would probably be better to nicely tell them what an unmitigated disaster the current attraction is while recalling why the original worked so well. The reason Figment got thoughtlessly crammed into version three was because people wrote in complaining that there was no Figment. It's a very vague request and one that's apparently easily met without actually addressing what people were really complaining about in the first place. We got what we asked for, not necessarily what we wanted, so this time we just have to make sure we're more clear without it looking too much like a ransom note.

If you're wondering where to send your letters, these are a few good places to start:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
    P.O. Box 10000
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Robert A. Iger
    Chief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman
    Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Operations, U.S. & France
    The Walt Disney World Resort
    PO Box 10040

It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Robert A. IgerChief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
    PO Box 10040
    I wonder if they just forward everything to one mailbox now and let a secretary read (or toss out) the letters.
    It still pains me to see her have that title.
    Last edited by BandM; 12-07-2012 at 04:33 AM.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Any sort of letter writing campaign should be based around real letters. Emails can be easily deleted or sent off to the spam. Real letters have to really be thrown away and someone might even read some of it first because they also don't typically have subject lines.

Disney hates getting ideas for new rides. Well they might not hate it but they can't legally use it. While restoring the old Journey Into Imagination isn't exactly a new idea, they probably wouldn't appreciate being told what they need to do. It would probably be better to nicely tell them what an unmitigated disaster the current attraction is while recalling why the original worked so well. The reason Figment got thoughtlessly crammed into version three was because people wrote in complaining that there was no Figment. It's a very vague request and one that's apparently easily met without actually addressing what people were really complaining about in the first place. We got what we asked for, not necessarily what we wanted, so this time we just have to make sure we're more clear without it looking too much like a ransom note.

If you're wondering where to send your letters, these are a few good places to start:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
    P.O. Box 10000

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
    PO Box 10040
    Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Robert A. Iger
    Chief Executive Officer
    The Walt Disney Company
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
    Chairman
    Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
    PO Box 10040

Thank You so much! This really means alot to me . I'm happy that now if I ever visit Florida I and the other fans just might be able to bring back the original. If it come back I can't wait to see it in person!!!

Unless a big sponsor comes along and says they want something better the current iteration is bound to stay were it is.
    So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by longears View Post
    So why can't the industrious fans of the original come together and raise enough money to be that sponsor that wants this or any other past attraction brought back.
    You're suggesting we start a Kickstarter? I doubt we could raise anywhere near the amount needed to even demolish the current one and clean up the turntable. Plus, how the hell would we present it to Disney? Do we just mail them the check or threaten to sue with the money we get?

• Minion

lol im sure disney would love this concept. if people want rides changed make THEM pay for it! on top of park tickets, accommodations food, merch, ect. more profit for them.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol im sure disney would love this concept. if people want rides changed make THEM pay for it! on top of park tickets, accommodations food, merch, ect. more profit for them.
    Rofl exactly. We are all sponsors of every attraction already
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

You would need a minimum of $10,000,000 a year for a 10+ year commitment, on top of the initial investment of 10's of millions. I can't imagine you will be able to raise that amount of money through a kickstart campaign.

• Metro-Retro Historian

But we'd get to use the VIP lounge!
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Bearing with the bears

But we'd get to use the VIP lounge!
    Does anyone even have a picture of Imagination's VIP lounge? I've the one at the Seas, Land, and WoM but never the one in Imagination.

• Minion

Does anyone even have a picture of Imagination's VIP lounge? I've the one at the Seas, Land, and WoM but never the one in Imagination.
    i remember there was one guy recently that snuck upstairs to the old image works and saw a bunch of its current state before he got caught by security but I cant remember if he ever go in to the vip lounge or not. this is also the same guy who swam across bay lake at night in a group to get to the original discovery island so im nowhere near crazy enough to try that stuff :P.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    i remember there was one guy recently that snuck upstairs to the old image works and saw a bunch of its current state before he got caught by security but I cant remember if he ever go in to the vip lounge or not. this is also the same guy who swam across bay lake at night in a group to get to the original discovery island so im nowhere near crazy enough to try that stuff :P.
    Which guy? I've seen like 5 different videos/slideshows of the upstairs Imageworks, nothing on the VIP lounge thought.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Update:
    I know this is sort of pointless but recently I got my hands on an original Figment puppet on eBay that had his tag and was the full sized version which is pretty cool. Lol but ya, c'mon fans lets make this happen. I'd like to see the original someday aswell. I myself have never been to DisneyWorld or Epcot Center but have seen all three rides on YouTube only. Also I got my hands on a two disc DVD set that has all three of the rides on it. But ya guys, lets all hope for the best. If we can get Disney to bring back the original version with maybe updated effects,animatronics,and remastered sound it will be a better for future for Epcot center. I just know it. I can imagine it!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    recently I got my hands on an original Figment puppet on eBay that had his tag and was the full sized version which is pretty cool.
    photos please. I really want to see this relic!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast