View Poll Results: Good idea?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Let's take a Stand! We want it back!

25 92.59%
  • No! The attraction is fine as it is! Don't bother!

2 7.41%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Guys,we need to get all the Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) fans to make a stand and get Disney to bring back the ride we all want back and to get rid of Nigel Chatterbox and his monstrosity of a lab! It needs to go,be gone,and be forgotten about forever!) all it does it bring back horrible memories of THAT OTHER disaster! Even though I don't live in Florida and I only saw videos of the attraction I WANT IT BACK! Cause one day, if I ever visit Disney World I wanna see the original in person!!!! C'mon, we need to start threads,petitions, and we all need to all go to Epcot center and parade around the building holding signs and getting signs on our petitions to bring it back. We need to send emails to tony Baxter , we need to spread the message around. We need to email disney! We need to let them know! If they listen to us one time then they can do it again! They brought back Captain EO! They brought back Tiki Room! Well they sure fan bring back Imagination! My vision would be to make it exactly like the original except restore the audio. Use modern technology to make the original effects better. Use modernized animatronics. Or they could just return it to the way it was back when it was still around! Those two are the best ideas I can come up with. And maybe if people don't want captain EO. Atleast make the 3d show about Dreamfinder and Figment! What do u say? We need the original back! So we need to make t happen! Look at how that crowd reacted when Dreamfinder came back on stage at d23!!! Let's gather up all the fans and make a stand!!!

• Mostly Harmless.

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

EO came back to capitalize on MJs death, tiki room burned down. Maybe if imagination was gutted by fire they would bring it back... But I doubt it.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Re: Attention All Journey into Imagination (1983-2000) Fans! We need to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    EO came back to capitalize on MJs death, tiki room burned down. Maybe if imagination was gutted by fire they would bring it back... But I doubt it.
    But here's the thing. They brought back Figment by doing what I mentioned in the post. I was thinking if we do it again, them they'll get in their heads that Tony Baxter needs to come back and help them make it the way it's supposed to be. I mean they're selling Dreamfinder and Figment stuff at the store near the ride! So I don't see why it'd be a problem. Plus Disney would get more money this way.

• Banned User

But yes,Guys,Please! Gets as many Journey into Imagination fans as u possibly can! We need to get the original attraction back! Seriously! We've waited too long and have had Mr.Channing for too long! We all hate him! We all hate the new attraction! Let's all bring back the one we want! The real Journey into Imagination!

• Minion

its impossible, they've physically cemented over major ride components, the ride will never be brought back in the same format it once was. a new ride with a concept that is reminiscent of the original is a possibility, and in my opinion the best outcome, but the same ride will never be brought back period. its impossible.

• Musical Fireman

I want the Dreamfinder and classic Figment to return just as much as you do, but here's the thing Disney and particularly TDO see us as returning wallets. That's why we get the limited time events, merchandise and that's all they think they need to make us happy. Hey if it fills their wallets they figure they can keep it up, I'm not trying to be pessimistic but this is what I figure is going on. Yes if they had a brain they would hire Tony Baxter and redo the whole ride in an interview even he said it didn't work anymore.

Wow that was the most party pooping thing I wrote!! Keep good faith my fellow Imagination fans, with the Test Track rehab it may be a sign of things to come.

See ya walkin' right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Bearing with the bears

No. Sorry to burst your bubble but the turntable is behind walls partly destroyed, half of the original track is gone and the mural is painted over, covered with new walls and destroyed. The only thing we could get is a proxy of the original ride at this point. Disney is cheap, they don't care what we think, as long as their mailbox isn't filled with millions of hate letters and instead contains dollar bills from patrons buying over priced food and merchandise the current excuse for a "ride" will remain. Disney seen evidence that people want the ride back (the 2 hour line on the 30th to buy overpriced t-shirts was probably enough). There's probably 100 different "plans" to save the two glass pyramids in the archives in Burbank (next to project Gemini plans no doubt). The only thing I see as plausible is for the upstairs Imageworks to reopen if attendance for the pavilion hits rock bottom. Either that or they gut it and make another "event" pavilion.
    Last edited by BandM; 12-03-2012 at 06:49 PM.

• Banned User

Well I was thinking maybe they could work on the building a bit, remake some key elements and maybe it would be able to come back the way it should be. Just saying. Cause the new one was so cheap and so short. I mean sure it'd take probably a few years or months for the project. Of better yet they should get rid of that awful innoventions attraction we have at Disneyland and change that to the original imagination

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Back in 2010 when EO came back, Imagineering said they have BIG plans for the Imagination Pavilion, but they were not at liberty to say what those plans are. They're probably still trying to get them greenlit. However, at this year's IAAPA (the theme park trade show), there was a Disney panel and Tony Baxter said "Imagination just doesn't work anymore." So they KNOW the ride in its current form is a stinker. They just need the folks at TDO to get their heads out of their collective rear ends.

• Banned User

I mean guys c'mon let's think for a moment. If they were able to change the building then I know for a fact that they can change it back. They could remove those walls. Repair the turntable. And do all that good stuff and bam! All the fans would be happy and we wouldn't have to think of that disaster ever again

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Back in 2010 when EO came back, Imagineering said they have BIG plans for the Imagination Pavilion, but they were not at liberty to say what those plans are. They're probably still trying to get them greenlit. However, at this year's IAAPA (the theme park trade show), there was a Disney panel and Tony Baxter said "Imagination just doesn't work anymore." So they KNOW the ride in its current form is a stinker. They just need the folks at TDO to get their heads out of their collective rear ends.
    Oh alright. Well we gotta get the TDO out of their rear ends then. Cause the original attraction was the best Epcot ride ever in my opinion.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    I mean guys c'mon let's think for a moment. If they were able to change the building then I know for a fact that they can change it back. They could remove those walls. Repair the turntable. And do all that good stuff and bam! All the fans would be happy and we wouldn't have to think of that disaster ever again
    lol you cant just repair something you fill with concrete my friend. it would need to be demolished and seeing as how the turntable is so big and heavy they had to build the pavilion around it, there is no replacing it either. on top of that its not hooked up to anything, all the hydraulics and electrical were salvaged, scraped or are also buried in concrete. add to the fact that basically none of the original ride or its layout exists today and it is impossible that it will come back, period, end of discussion. again my stance is that the best direction for the pavilion is a new experience reminiscent of the original. hey cannot change the building back, this is a moot point.

• Musical Fireman

When they first dug up the turntable pit for the 2000 "rehab" it was busted beyond repair. However that doesn't mean they can't figure out a new way to do it, maybe have the ride vehicles stand still and have projections behind the Dreamcatcher giving the impression of movement? Tony is the only one who can head this project Imagination! is Mr. Baxter's baby and he has to like any parent guide it out of the dark. If he was in charge we could rest peacefully knowing the job would be done right.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SparkChaser View Post
    When they first dug up the turntable pit for the 2000 "rehab" it was busted beyond repair. However that doesn't mean they can't figure out a new way to do it, maybe have the ride vehicles stand still and have projections behind the Dreamcatcher giving the impression of movement? Tony is the only one who can head this project Imagination! is Mr. Baxter's baby and he has to like any parent guide it out of the dark. If he was in charge we could rest peacefully knowing the job would be done right.

That Is a great Idea too. I don't care how they can recreate that affect but all I want is for the original to return no matter what.

• Banned User

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast