Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Banned User

Re: Carsland at DHS -rumor of announcement this week

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    New Fantasyland replaced an attraction that closed in 1994 and was replaced with a park in 2005, to finally be built on in 2010, with an opening in late 2012.

Test Track is a ride that opened 2 years late, never performed at it's peak operational levels since it opened in 1998.

There are still too many outdated and abandoned pieces of property at WDW to say that this is a real clean up effort.
    It would be nice if, just once, you had anything good to say about WDW. Are you on Universal's payroll or something?

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    It would be nice if, just once, you had anything good to say about WDW. Are you on Universal's payroll or something?
    Personal attacks aside...I have seen King Eric make plenty of good posts about WDW, the problem is that like most people I know that used to be CMs and frequent visitors, we see that Uni and other parks are really starting to step up their game, so why doesn't it seem to any of us on here that Disney has done the same.

Stuff like how CoP and Maelstrom look are not only disgusting but also embarassing...seriously something needs to change..

If Carsland comes, great I'll look forward to seeing how they do it. Personally I would like something more unique like Muppet Studios, or Monsteroplois or something. But a quality expansion and refurb is what alot of these parks need.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    New Fantasyland replaced an attraction that closed in 1994 and was replaced with a park in 2005, to finally be built on in 2010, with an opening in late 2012.

Test Track is a ride that opened 2 years late, never performed at it's peak operational levels since it opened in 1998.

There are still too many outdated and abandoned pieces of property at WDW to say that this is a real clean up effort.
    I completely agree with Eric! His criticism is no different than the uber sports fan who constantly complains about his team because:
    a. they believe in their heart that the team can do better (i.e. the Cubs fan).
    b. they have see first hand in the past that the team is capable of doing better.

Many of us criticize because we experienced a better Disney and we know what is possible. Things have gone downhill since approximately 1992 when Eisner pusher out the Dick Nunis era Team Disney and replaced them with bean counters.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Absolutely not. I am an independent voice here in Orlando. I praise quality when I see quality, and point out flaws when I see flaws.

Example: When I point out something is wrong at Universal, Universal actually pays attention and fixes it.

Example: When I point out something is wrong at Disney, Fans excuse it.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    while the subs will always be missed, they have been gone for almost 20 years. we cannot really count that. What happen just recently was that a small playground was replaced with 2 rides, a meet and greet show, a restaurant and a pub (one of these rides hasn't opened yet, so I will reserve judgement on that one). My point is not that everything is honky dory...far from it, but that we need to have hope (well, I can't speak for everyone, but I do). Because of that I refuse to poo-poo generally positive things that are done. I will continue to write letters and complain (both here and elsewhere) about many things. WDW is still in a very bad place.....and it's neighbors are seing that and going for blood, but new Fantasyland and TT 2.0 were small steps in the right direction. If someone, somewhere in the puzzle palace of TDO is trying to do the right thing, I think that deserves at least some acknowledgement.
    I completely disagree. A large section of the park sat EMPTY for 20 years. I can comment on this because some of the discussion of what became Pooh's playground I was privy to at the time.

The playground was ONLY installed because of corporate politics that couldn't agree on how that land was to be used.

The Lagoon was only taken out due to upkeep costs, and a few other legal factors. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster was designed over 10 years ago for that area, and kept on getting axed, cancelled, etc.

Heck it was until Tom Staggs saw the plans for New Fantasyland that he pulled the emergency break, and replaced a whole section with what is the Mine Coaster.

So it isn't like Tom Staggs was all like "oh let us come up with a great ride" it was "what ride had we already developed that we can throw in there"

You can read this article from 2008 when Honor Hunter at BlueSkyDisney got word of it coming and posted about it...

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz (Orlando): It's Just A Fantasy...
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I are sorry that you were being misunderstood, KingEric, duckling. For what it's worth, we have never seen you being negative just for the fun of being negative. Your input around here is much appreciated in Morva.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345