Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Tower for Rapunzel, but nothing for Tiana?

Quote Originally Posted by DisCollector View Post
    I noticed that as well that Princess Aurora didn't get an attraction. If the over all theme would be Princesses all of them should have something. It just struck me since I didn't think any of the newer Princesses would have anything relating to them in New Fantasyland, but then the tower popped up and now it's the grand opening.

Although, they do not have a New Orleans Square, they still easily could have made a Tiana restaurant. It would have been perfect considering one of the main focuses of the story and film was how Tiana's dream was to have her own restaurant.
    The original plans for New Fantasyland was a LOT more heavily princess meet & greet focused, with separate meet & greet locations for Cinderella and Aurora as well as Belle & the others. But there was a lot of outcry from the public about that, so Disney went back and made changes, taking away the bulk of the meet & greets, and replacing it with the Seven Dwarfs mine coaster.

I agree that Tiana should get some attention, but I am at a loss as to what attraction that franchise would best lend itself to. On the subject of Aurora; Maleficent is going to get a movie, so perhaps we'll see something of her if the movie is successful.
    No sweat, no sweet.- British Proverb

• Minion

ORDDU: The original Maleficent is successful enough in her own right and really doesn't need another movie as an excuse to promote her further. She's actually already featured in a stage show called Dream Along with Mickey. From what my sisters and I have heard, she's too frightening for little ducklings to be able to deal with and that's why you only see her out for meetings and greetings on rare occasions.

• I'm a Lutheran

The whole Maleficent movie is supposed to be about how she got to be so evil...hmm...Wicked?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Tiana does not sell. Take a look at merchandise at retailers and you will see. Economics 101.

• Minion

ORDDU: Also, Tiana doesn't really fit the time period for Fantasyland since her story takes place in a more modern setting than all the other princesses stories do. Therefore representing her at the parks is quite a challenge. I do believe she will at least be included for meet and greets inside the Princess Fairytale Hall.

ORWEN: Besides that, Tiana doesn't have any iconic buildings in her story that would stand out like Rapunzel's tower or Cinderella's Castlet, etc.

• Disneyland Original '55

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Also, Tiana doesn't really fit the time period for Fantasyland since her story takes place in a more modern setting than all the other princesses stories do. Therefore representing her at the parks is quite a challenge. I do believe she will at least be included for meet and greets inside the Princess Fairytale Hall.

ORWEN: Besides that, Tiana doesn't have any iconic buildings in her story that would stand out like Rapunzel's tower or Cinderella's Castlet, etc.
    Well there is Tiana's place from the movie but that doesn't fit in with the fantasyland theme and is a bit of a stretch for liberty square. She fits the best in New Orleans Square in Disneyland. If Cafe Orleans was to ever be rethemed, I would love to see it rethemed as Tianas place with a stage where the firefly five plus Louis (who would be animatronic) would perform every once and a while. Sadly I don't think tiana will have herself a permanent home in the Magic Kingdom, there is no theme to match her with, although I believe she will be in the meet and greet with the princesses in the fairy tale hall.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Santana View Post
    Though Princess and the Frog is my favorite of the two, Tangled was the bigger hit so I'm not really surprised by this addition. Also, thematically, I can't really think of a place where they could incorporate Tiana successfully. If only the Magic Kingdom had it's own New Orleans Square...
    Even then, NOS is 1800s and princess and the frog is 1940s

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Inappropriate

The tower from Tangled was also a pretty good example of standout architecture from the movie. There's really no thematic architecture that stands out in Princess and the Frog, except maybe a river boat, which they already have. Also, we can point out a lot of characters through Disney history that aren't represented in the theme parks at all.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Man, ain't that the truth--startin' with us Cauldron gals! But I blame my two looney sisters fer that. They both went an' ruined Black Cauldron ta the point where nobody cares fer us!!!

My two cents on why Tiana is not prominent in the parks:
    1)As others have posted, Princess and the Frog is tough to design areas around. The film, while beautiful, only has a few standout buildings that Imagineers can bring to the parks. The most notable is Tiana's restaurant.

2) Princess and the Frog, while popular with fans, seems to not be as popular to the general public as Tangled is. It earned nowhere near the box office revenues Tangled did, and, in Disney's eyes, is less marketable to little girls than Tangled. Plain and simple.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    Even then, NOS is 1800s and princess and the frog is 1940s
    Actually, PATF is the 1920s
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12