Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad New Tower for Rapunzel, but nothing for Tiana?

There is already another thread about how a new tower has popped up in New Fantasyland which is obviously Repunzel's, however nothing has been established that is related to Tiana, correct?

Re: New Tower for Rapunzel, but nothing for Tiana?

Its a shame because it was such a great movie and she makes a great princess.

Though Princess and the Frog is my favorite of the two, Tangled was the bigger hit so I'm not really surprised by this addition. Also, thematically, I can't really think of a place where they could incorporate Tiana successfully. If only the Magic Kingdom had it's own New Orleans Square...

• Minion

don't they still have her riverboat party?

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    don't they still have her riverboat party?
    They stopped doing that almost two years ago.

• Minion

Aren't there guest rooms themed to that movie at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    Aren't there guest rooms themed to that movie at Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter?
    ohh hadnt heard about that santana. yes ttin, there are those rooms but their themed to all princesses, not just her.

• Minion

ORWEN: Princess Aurora doesn't get any attractions at the Magic Kingdom, either, so Tiana's not alone.

I noticed that as well that Princess Aurora didn't get an attraction. If the over all theme would be Princesses all of them should have something. It just struck me since I didn't think any of the newer Princesses would have anything relating to them in New Fantasyland, but then the tower popped up and now it's the grand opening.

Although, they do not have a New Orleans Square, they still easily could have made a Tiana restaurant. It would have been perfect considering one of the main focuses of the story and film was how Tiana's dream was to have her own restaurant.

• Team Hail HYDRA

its all about the money

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Metro-Retro Historian

Aurora's dad used to have a restaurant until Cinderella took it over. Aurora is like the black sheep of the princess community. Tiana has a little meet and greet gazebo behind the Christmas shop in Liberty Square (for some reason). Aurora gets nothing. I even saw John Smith and that General dude Mulan hooks up with last weekend but no Aurora.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

I've never even see Aurora. I suppose since she had the least lines out of all Disney Princesses she gets nothing.

Aurora doesn't have an attraction or building but she is often in parades and does meet and greets at Epcot in the France pavilion. They just built a new gazebo for her.

• Minion

ORDDU: Very true, WorldLover71, duckling. I'd hardly call Aurora the 'black sheep' of the princess community. She's quite popular and is always included in the princess meet and greet area. When Sleeping Beauty first came out in 1959 it was so costly that it didn't make a profit until 1970 during a re-release. But the film has more than made up for it's initial financial loss and has gone on to become one of more popular Disney animated films. Just goes to show how much times have changed since the 60's and 70's when Aurora was truly unheard of by the average Disney theme park guest. She did have to play 'catch up' in terms of fans becoming more aware of her. But she has managed to do that quite well--mostly because of younger fans who have been buying Sleeping Beauty merchandise like there was no tomorrow. I think it's mostly older fans who still aren't aware of her.

• film975

It's a shame they got rid of Princess Tiana's Showboat Jubilee. It was a fantastic show. My family and I were in line for the Haunted Mansion back in 2009 during our big reunion at Disney World. And the cast waved at us from the Liberty Belle. They have been doing a smaller, land-based version of the show at Disneyland last couple of years during the park's Mardi Gras celebrations. Don't know if they do that at the Magic Kingdom as well. But they should.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast