View Poll Results: How thrilled are about Avatar coming to WDW?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrilled! Another film-based ride!

3 5.77%
  • Thrilled! So much better than Star Wars!

0 0%
  • Thrilled! I'l get to live the movie I still watch weekly!

0 0%
  • Thrilled! As I am with everything at WDW!

6 11.54%
  • Thrilled! Enough with Disney connections!

1 1.92%
  • NOT thrilled. Please don't hate me.

44 84.62%
  • Thrilled! Why not share money with a rare property you don't own?

2 3.85%
  • Thrilled! So much better than anything Marvel!

0 0%
  • Thrilled that they take their time at WDW, unlike maniacs at Universal!

1 1.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Hello Dolly.

Re: How thrilled are you now about Avatar coming to WDW?

I'm really not excited about Avatarland at all but that's only because I can careless about the film.

But putting the personal aside, Avatarland can make a great land. So I guess it's going to be one of those lands that I will have to hear through word-of-mouth, hoping it's good.

I don't know much about Simpsons, but I enjoy the ride. Same thing can happen here.

• Heavy Breather

Why did Disney buy me if they weren't going to make more attractions based on my movies? Still waiting for my phone call to move down there Disney, space can get cold.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I don't think any assumptions need to be made about the popularity of a film that was watch so much...That's like saying no one wants to see Star Wars and I am foolish for thinking people want to walk around that world as well. Or tell Universal Harry Potter's numbers are skewed as well and those millions of fans never want to set foot in that world. Your hatred towards the idea is more comical than anything. I myself can't wait to see what they come up with. No matter what it is and rather than wishing for failure I am optimistic that it will be a awesome finished product.
    its not assumptions....its math lol, math does not make assumptions. if you would like i could break it down for you however i doubt people want to be subjected to that again. star wars doesn't follow this formula because it is not subjected to the various things Avatar's numbers were. your just jumping to rediculous conclusions at this point. lol I'm sorry I'm passionate about disney creating a quality product that i can enjoy i guess as opposed to something were all regretting a few years down the road. I find your blind confidence in a company that constantly lets us down just as comical. As I've said before and you obviously didn't hear, i want success, i want them to create something great but i know that a) from the start this is the wrong property to use in the first place for numerous reasons and b) Disney has done little to make me optimistic about this project. I am far from alone in these thoughts.

I will not put on the rose colored glasses and drink the kool aid unless I've been given a reason too, perhaps you should up your standards, particularily with better offerings slowly beginning to pop up 20 minutes down the road.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chesire View Post
    Why are you making assumptions? You have no idea the route they'll go with this, and how detail oriented they'll be.

I for one am super thrilled for Avatarland. Even though the movie wasn't that great, the visuals and the world of Pandora are outstanding, and I'm super excited that it's coming to Animal Kingdom.
    they are not assumptions, they are educated guesses based upon the information we have and what disney has offered us thus far. Should we do away with all opinions simply because their not positive in nature?

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    they are not assumptions, they are educated guesses based upon the information we have and what disney has offered us thus far. Should we do away with all opinions simply because their not positive in nature?
    Um, look at New Fantasyland, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, etc. I'd say based on those, Pandora will be epic.

What are you basing your "educated guesses" on?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

•   
    • Minion

its not assumptions....its math lol, math does not make assumptions. if you would like i could break it down for you however i doubt people want to be subjected to that again. star wars doesn't follow this formula because it is not subjected to the various things Avatar's numbers were. your just jumping to rediculous conclusions at this point. lol I'm sorry I'm passionate about disney creating a quality product that i can enjoy i guess as opposed to something were all regretting a few years down the road. I find your blind confidence in a company that constantly lets us down just as comical. As I've said before and you obviously didn't hear, i want success, i want them to create something great but i know that a) from the start this is the wrong property to use in the first place for numerous reasons and b) Disney has done little to make me optimistic about this project. I am far from alone in these thoughts.

I will not put on the rose colored glasses and drink the kool aid unless I've been given a reason too, perhaps you should up your standards, particularily with better offerings slowly beginning to pop up 20 minutes down the road.
    What conclusions am I jumping to. 200 million people went to see Avatar LOL 2 more movies are on the way....... I know its not as big as Star Wars which happens to be my favorite brand. I hope to see a lot more Star Wars in the parks like DHS. As far as you telling me to up my standards that's just funny in it's own right. Besides WWoHP Universal doesn't hold my interests. Transformers is a amazing ride and I hope it pushes Disney even further to make better attractions like they have been doing. For you to say Disney will screw this up has no backing currently with the offerings I mentioned above but since you didn't read them I'll say them again (New FL in MK, CL and BVS in DCA, Grizzley Gulch in HKDL the re-done test track can be put on the list although I haven't been on it yet) Again I ask you what makes you think they won't put a good budget and imagineering group on this project? You just don't like this at all and are closed minded in hearing anything good about it which is fine it's your opinion. it's more comical to see you lash out at the people who like the project.

• Minion

Um, look at New Fantasyland, Buena Vista Street, Cars Land, etc. I'd say based on those, Pandora will be epic.

What are you basing your "educated guesses" on?
    1) you cant include DLA additions in your statement as WDW is producing this product. we've seen discrepancies in money spent on new attractions between the resorts on numerous occasions so anything DLA gets is not an accurate representation on how WDW is improving or not.

2) that leaves New fantasyland and test track redo as the only additions of real merit to WDW over the last 5-6 years (since everest). while test track seems to be well done a. it had sponsorship so that means Disney will be much more willing to spend money to make it look good (mostly because at the end of the day its not really "their money" their spending) and b. they really didn't really do that much to the attraction itself. yes they made a nice pre and post show but as for the attraction itself from the looks of things all they really did was switch the audio, turn off the lights and add paint and decals, the post show was probably the biggest investment of the whole process.

going to New fantasyland, i admit it looks phenomenal from the exterior, that should be an EXPECTATION we have though not a pleasant surprise. on top of this what did we really get attraction wise from WDW thats supposed to make us excited? a clone from DLA, and a new story time with bell, thats really it at the end of the day. the barnstormer was already there and if anything lost a bit of its enjoyment with the destruction of the barn, the added dumbo doesn't count as a new attraction it just increases the capacity of the current attraction, and the rest is restaurants, shops, and meet and greets. we will also get the mine train which will be neat and ill be looking forward too but at the same time we lost snow whites scary adventures to ANOTHER meet and greet so really at the end of the day its just a one for one attraction swap thats a plus. my point here is that when you sum it up and look at the facts all we got was a cloned omnimover and two attraction plusses. how is that supposed to instill confidence in the disney faithful that they can produce this incredible e-ticket blockbuster land when in reality they haven't really created anything close to this scale since Asia and everest in 05-06. on top of that look at the state the attraction's yeti is in, they cant even keep up the blockbuster attractions they create. When you look at everything at the end of the day, DLA may have shown they can handle things but WDW has instilled 0 confidence that they can produce anything quality in this capacity as of yet, particularily with such a bad choice of property and the recent drawings that point to a, wait for it, soarin type movie attraction! ill gladly take back what im saying when they prove me wrong but they've yet to prove me wrong.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    What conclusions am I jumping to. 200 million people went to see Avatar LOL 2 more movies are on the way....... I know its not as big as Star Wars which happens to be my favorite brand. I hope to see a lot more Star Wars in the parks like DHS. As far as you telling me to up my standards that's just funny in it's own right. Besides WWoHP Universal doesn't hold my interests. Transformers is a amazing ride and I hope it pushes Disney even further to make better attractions like they have been doing. For you to say Disney will screw this up has no backing currently with the offerings I mentioned above but since you didn't read them I'll say them again (New FL in MK, CL and BVS in DCA, Grizzley Gulch in HKDL the re-done test track can be put on the list although I haven't been on it yet) Again I ask you what makes you think they won't put a good budget and imagineering group on this project? You just don't like this at all and are closed minded in hearing anything good about it which is fine it's your opinion. it's more comical to see you lash out at the people who like the project.
    1) lol congratulations for pulling an arbitrary number out of your head, you have no idea exactly how many people went to see the movie, liked it, or liked it for the visuals not the actual film. procure those numbers and well talk friend.

2) 2 are not confirmed on the way, the third installment was put on hold about a year back until the release of the second, confirming that the film companies may very well be loosing confidence in the staying power of the series as well.

3) just because they've offered great things internationally or in other domestic parks it has no bearing on what WDW does, it just shows that the imagineers are being given more freedom in other parks, they fund and produce their own attractions on their own budgets so really the only thing you can use in your argument is new fantasyland and Test track. regard my above post to cheshire on those but we really didn't get a lot out of those two additions to instill enough confidence to say that WDW is going to knock this out of the park.

4) Wizarding world may not hold your interests but its a heck of a lot better then anything WDW has produced in quite a while. Universal has instilled the confidence in everyone that they are more then capable of creating big e-ticket attractions and great theming so no body will question what they can do until they lay an egg, which they have yet to do through all these big new additions thus far. The big thing is that their secret to how they did it isn't so secret. They just took all the imagineers WDW laid off and put them to work in Universal, then they gave them free reign and open checkbooks just saying create something great and thats how universal got to where they are today and WDW is where it is. I agree with you here, hopefully this pushes Disney to wake up and do something really special but until they feel it in their checkbooks i assure you they will not, a major company with a majority share in the area will do nothing unless it is forced to do it.

5) what i find comical is that your trying to paint me as this hateful person that has nothing better to do then trash on this 'awesome' idea. lol its hardly lashing out when you voice an opinion contrary to someone else's, when you say that it just makes you seem threatened or frustrated that i haven't come over to your side. again until disney gives me a reason to change my opinions they will not change. i urge, nay beg disney to do this, I'm just realistic enough to see thats not going to happen i guess.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

despite what people say the world had a STRONG interest in the film when it was released, the film grossed 2,782,275,172, 760 million of it from us alone, in case anyone forgot. That strong interest is still there, maybe not with this SMALL portion of folks, but it is there. In my circle of friends and family no one really has any harsh or negative thoughts on the film or the news that Disney is creating an area based on the films.

You who care enough to hate on the project are in the miniority. The world will be there when the land opens and many of you will be there too. James said he is going to finish both scripts by feb 2013 and they plan on filming both films back to back. These films ARE COMING and now the land IS COMING.

People just need to get over their EPIC dislike for the project and films. It's coming.

And for those who take "get over" too personally, well really it means what it means.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    despite what people say the world had a STRONG interest in the film when it was released, the film grossed 2,782,275,172, 760 million of it from us alone, in case anyone forgot. That strong interest is still there, maybe not with this SMALL portion of folks, but it is there. In my circle of friends and family no one really has any harsh or negative thoughts on the film or the news that Disney is creating an area based on the films.

You who care enough to hate on the project are in the miniority. The world will be there when the land opens and many of you will be there too. James said he is going to finish both scripts by feb 2013 and they plan on filming both films back to back. These films ARE COMING and now the land IS COMING.

People just need to get over their EPIC dislike for the project and films. It's coming.

And for those who take "get over" too personally, well really it means what it means.
    Pretty much agree here. All you have to do is google box office numbers for it. Even when adjusted it's still high on the list for both tickets sold which is the main number I use and of course gross which is what corporations care about.

• Metro-Retro Historian

From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Nic

1) you cant include DLA additions in your statement as WDW is producing this product. we've seen discrepancies in money spent on new attractions between the resorts on numerous occasions so anything DLA gets is not an accurate representation on how WDW is improving or not.

2) that leaves New fantasyland and test track redo as the only additions of real merit to WDW over the last 5-6 years (since everest). while test track seems to be well done a. it had sponsorship so that means Disney will be much more willing to spend money to make it look good (mostly because at the end of the day its not really "their money" their spending) and b. they really didn't really do that much to the attraction itself. yes they made a nice pre and post show but as for the attraction itself from the looks of things all they really did was switch the audio, turn off the lights and add paint and decals, the post show was probably the biggest investment of the whole process.

going to New fantasyland, i admit it looks phenomenal from the exterior, that should be an EXPECTATION we have though not a pleasant surprise. on top of this what did we really get attraction wise from WDW thats supposed to make us excited? a clone from DLA, and a new story time with bell, thats really it at the end of the day. the barnstormer was already there and if anything lost a bit of its enjoyment with the destruction of the barn, the added dumbo doesn't count as a new attraction it just increases the capacity of the current attraction, and the rest is restaurants, shops, and meet and greets. we will also get the mine train which will be neat and ill be looking forward too but at the same time we lost snow whites scary adventures to ANOTHER meet and greet so really at the end of the day its just a one for one attraction swap thats a plus. my point here is that when you sum it up and look at the facts all we got was a cloned omnimover and two attraction plusses. how is that supposed to instill confidence in the disney faithful that they can produce this incredible e-ticket blockbuster land when in reality they haven't really created anything close to this scale since Asia and everest in 05-06. on top of that look at the state the attraction's yeti is in, they cant even keep up the blockbuster attractions they create. When you look at everything at the end of the day, DLA may have shown they can handle things but WDW has instilled 0 confidence that they can produce anything quality in this capacity as of yet, particularily with such a bad choice of property and the recent drawings that point to a, wait for it, soarin type movie attraction! ill gladly take back what im saying when they prove me wrong but they've yet to prove me wrong.
    Alright, I'm not gonna fight you on this anymore, seeing as how you're so adamant that Pandora will be a failure, but please, just have an open mind. You are not TDO, you are not James Cameron, and you are not Bob Iger; you don't know the direction they're going with this! So I'd appreciate if you would stop instilling bad thoughts and promises of a sub-par land, into everyones mind.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• Minion

Alright, I'm not gonna fight you on this anymore, seeing as how you're so adamant that Pandora will be a failure, but please, just have an open mind. You are not TDO, you are not James Cameron, and you are not Bob Iger; you don't know the direction they're going with this! So I'd appreciate if you would stop instilling bad thoughts and promises of a sub-par land, into everyones mind.
    lol really? thats a pretty big leap there. people can generate their own opinions, don't attempt to tell them what to think. all I've done is answer your comments that you have made towards what I've said. people are again entitled to their own opinion and your not forced to read or comment upon what i post. I've made a variety of educated guesses based upon what disney has offered in the past, inflated box office totals from avatar (ticket price adjustment, adjustment for IMAX/3D costs ect) and if you don't agree with them so be it, but thats what i see coming, if you see something else great, well see who's right at the end of the day. I hope I'm wrong as I've said many times, I want you to be right here, but i just don't see that happening.

• Mostly Harmless.

TDO exec in the house!!! Waive that flag man. I'll sit here and hate on a lame movie and I will also sit here not looking forward to pandora.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• former CM

As I write this on 12-12-12, "Not thrilled" about an Avatar land/attraction has earned 80% of the votes and (I did the math) this means that the other 8 pro-Avatar options combined have earned just 20% of the vote, and that's despite that people could vote for more than one option about why they like it.

No one knows if the subsequent Avatar films will have legs, or if they will turn out like Matrix 2 & 3--franchise Jabbas. But we do know that "Star Wars" is actually owned by Disney and has legs.

I propose a "Creatures from Beyond our Solar System" land & attraction where Imagineers could create creatures who might find their ways into future Star Wars movies over the next century or two. Disney could even include those tall, Avatar things, whatever they were called.
    At least for a decade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast