Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Disney still working on Avatar Land

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Honestly with Disney owning so many brands at this point I'm thinking this thing is going to keep getting pushed back until it's shelved.
    Agreed.

Disney would be silly to not go full throttle on Star Wars now. That being said, they are going to have to come up with something for Animal Kingdom........but I don't think that Avatar is the answer.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by mainejeff View Post
    Agreed.

Disney would be silly to not go full throttle on Star Wars now. That being said, they are going to have to come up with something for Animal Kingdom........but I don't think that Avatar is the answer.
    Build an Ewok village and build a Vekoma motorcycle ride with Speeder Bike exteriors and call the section "the moon of Endor". There, an even cheaper alternative to building Soarin' On Pandora.

Build an Ewok village and build a Vekoma motorcycle ride with Speeder Bike exteriors and call the section "the moon of Endor". There, an even cheaper alternative to building Soarin' On Pandora.
    Interesting idea. Since the Star Wars universe has many different planets........why not represent them in different parks? No one says that Star Wars must be in only 1 park.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, I'm saying it! There is such a thing as Star Wars over-kill. Keep it in just one park already!
    Last edited by Witches of Morva; 12-10-2012 at 05:35 AM.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'll say it too. Star Wars doesn't fit the theme of any park other than Disney Hollywood Studios. It fits California Adventure too I guess but these are the east coast boards.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I'll say it too. Star Wars doesn't fit the theme of any park other than Disney Hollywood Studios. It fits California Adventure too I guess but these are the east coast boards.
    I agree however if Disney is willing to cram Avatarland at AK to boost attendance figures then we've already passed the point of being "fitting".

• Minion

I agree however if Disney is willing to cram Avatarland at AK to boost attendance figures then we've already passed the point of being "fitting".
    two wrongs dont make a right BandM lol. the best case scenario for DAK IMO would be another continentally based land such as Australia or South America.

• will-o-the-whip

I hope the suits at Disney come to their senses and cancel the Avatar project before it's too far in development. Avatar doesn't move merchandise at all, will cost Disney licensing fees to Cameron, and the future movies could tank now that 3D screenings have become an "oh, so what" technology. Disney needs to put their money into something else like a Star Wars land which would make them a ton of money (and I'm not a big SW fan at all but it's obvious SW would make Disney $$$$ as a land).

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    two wrongs dont make a right BandM lol. the best case scenario for DAK IMO would be another continentally based land such as Australia or South America.
    I know, I'd love something like that but if we use TDO logic we might as well milk the franchises they don't have to pay royalties for.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, I'm saying it! There is such a thing as Star Wars over-kill. Keep it in just one park already!
    x2!!
    For the love of Disney....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I support Avatar land for the soul purpose that it would bring more international visitors to Orlando. Which would mean more money, and hopefully more improvements
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I support Avatar land for the soul purpose that it would bring more international visitors to Orlando. Which would mean more money, and hopefully more improvements
    Disney could bring in just as many new guests with an original idea from the amount of advertising power they have around the world. Avatar has far less of a draw then you think. on top of that as mentioned previously they have little to no merchandising opportunities so it looks like they will loose out there as well, any visitors it draws will merely serve to offset the cost of the thing they just built with no merchandising source.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Disney could bring in just as many new guests with an original idea from the amount of advertising power they have around the world. Avatar has far less of a draw then you think. on top of that as mentioned previously they have little to no merchandising opportunities so it looks like they will loose out there as well, any visitors it draws will merely serve to offset the cost of the thing they just built with no merchandising source.
    I do not believe that to be true. AT ALL.

The line at the opening for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Name:  54408252.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  136.1 KB

Make no mistake that line is because it is an existing and popular piece of intellectual property, not just because it is a great immersive area that tells wonderful stories.

Avatar is EXTREMELY popular outside of the US. This one Avatar Land might be the reason people from Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Chile, etc book a trip to WDW. Then once they are here, they can enjoy the fresh new stories.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Heres what i find funny....the same people who are trying to make a negative point about Avatar not being "merchandise worthy" are the same people who complain about too many generic souvenier stands. ....lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I do not believe that to be true. AT ALL.

The line at the opening for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Name:  54408252.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  136.1 KB

Make no mistake that line is because it is an existing and popular piece of intellectual property, not just because it is a great immersive area that tells wonderful stories.

Avatar is EXTREMELY popular outside of the US. This one Avatar Land might be the reason people from Brazil, Columbia, Argentina, Chile, etc book a trip to WDW. Then once they are here, they can enjoy the fresh new stories.
    Avatar is no potter Eric, come on your better then to jump to that conclusion. Avatar has nowhere near that draw and although it may be popular in those countries will they really be new guests or just return visitors given something else to see, i just cant see a way that this property MAKES people come to the parks like potter did. it would astound me if you were right about this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast