Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Moldy Malestrom

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Re: Moldy Malestrom

Can we start compiling a list of broken attractions etc. so that I can type this up in a letter to Staggs etc. as I have the strangest notion that most of these attractions will still be broken and looking shoddy when we go for our two nighter next month...seriously if it wasn't because using DVC points at Cali were so damn expensive compared to WDW we'd be going there..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Can we start compiling a list of broken attractions etc. so that I can type this up in a letter to Staggs etc. as I have the strangest notion that most of these attractions will still be broken and looking shoddy when we go for our two nighter next month...seriously if it wasn't because using DVC points at Cali were so damn expensive compared to WDW we'd be going there..
    Well we could start a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of this stuff and keep it pinned on the forum.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Well we could start a spreadsheet on Google Docs to keep track of this stuff and keep it pinned on the forum.
    yeah, I'm sure Staggs will get right on it! This thread shouldn't even be considered "news".
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    yeah, I'm sure Staggs will get right on it! This thread shouldn't even be considered "news".
    I'm not saying Staggs will get right on it, it's just something for MiceChatters to keep track of how broken a ride is.

Well I plan on going to Epcot soon, maybe I can get some pictures/ make a report. I was actually excited to get on this ride, the last time I was at Epcot I was 8 years ago. It will be fun no matter what, but ill be on the look out.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mess98 View Post
    I didn't really notice anything wrong when I went in Late October/Early November...
    me either. It's the people who WANT to look at what's wrong versus I guess us, the people who choose not to look at what's wrong with an attraction, park, light pole, fence, bench, etc.
    Me neither. I rode it in late October and didn't notice ANY of the things that Eric complains about. I rode it with three family members, all of whom are much more fastidious than I, and not one person mentioned any of that.

• Not here to help

I havenīt been in WDW this year, but I was for a week last year. EVERY single ride I went on had some problems. Many rides even had multiple major issues.
    I tend to set my standards high since Iīm more of a Tokyo Disney guy... but still. WDW needs a complete refurb... yea, the entire place with all parks.

Even my mother noticed and said a few times: "This is not like in Japan"

...and now a few of you think that I can stay in Japan if I donīt like it in Orlando. I sure would if I could!
    I just think it is funny that the most American thing on earth is at it best in Japan. That place canīt even be stopped by a tsunami.

WDW is what it used to be... and it is really starting to show..
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 12-15-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Shubisha

The water effect at Poseidon's Fury doesn't really count.. was more of an executive decision to cut costs than a maintenance failure right?

Anyways.. I still think back to when Pirates of the Caribbean was getting redone in 2006 and we were waiting for it to open for soft previews at Magic Kingdom. Meg Crofton was incognito telling people it's not opening and to not waste time standing in line, and they had an imagineer come out and tell people "Yeah folks we've been running it in testing and there's a few animatronics that don't work and you know us at Disney we don't want our attractions open if any of the elements are missing." And I laaaaaaaaaaaaaaughed at that.

[QUOTE=almandot;1056881821
    Anyways.. I still think back to when Pirates of the Caribbean was getting redone in 2006 and we were waiting for it to open for soft previews at Magic Kingdom. Meg Crofton was incognito telling people it's not opening and to not waste time standing in line, and they had an imagineer come out and tell people "Yeah folks we've been running it in testing and there's a few animatronics that don't work and you know us at Disney we don't want our attractions open if any of the elements are missing." And I laaaaaaaaaaaaaaughed at that.[/QUOTE]

That is true though. If it was up to WDI and SQS rides would shutting down all the time to repair Show Quality issues, but it is not. It is up to the Operations dept in each park, they are more worried about hourly ride counts than show quality.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I decided that I am going to brave the crowds for everyone tonight, and I am going to Epcot to get photographic evidence of this attraction... and maybe a few more while I am at it... Living with the land is looking pretty sad... and so is Journey into your imagination.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    One thing is for sure, he's certainly not going to read anything that isn't sent to him.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• "What is thy bidding?"

Premium tickets prices and you get Moldy Malestrom and other vacant show rooms...Whaaaat??? Not setting the Disney Standard in the USA ...It is a crying shame!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Who wants to see some pictures?

First: Worn through dirty carpet

Look at that Nasty hand rail too!

Second:
    Nasty running board, dirty paint, the electrical socket is dirty

Third:
    Water damage along the ceiling on the mural

Fourth:
    Filthy Ceiling vents

Fifth:
    Dusty DIRTY mannequins

Sixth:
    Paint coming off the trees and broken lighting effect (the white scrim)

Seventh:
    Trolls the don't move anymore... only a head bob now.

Eighth:
    A polar bear dirty and caked with dust

Ninth:
    A rock that is burnt cutaway, left open

Tenth:
    Paint chipped, worn, coming off

Eleventh:
    Moldy ceiling and missing tiles

The twelfth:

Black Mold on the drop mural (unable to get a photo due to the location on the drop)

So is this what people are paying 100.00 a day to see?
    Last edited by KingEric; 12-21-2012 at 08:07 AM.

• Tomorrow's Child

Wow that's shocking, some of those things look like DLP back in the really bad times.

They really need to get this sorted, shockingly bad show.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Wow that's shocking, some of those things look like DLP back in the really bad times.

They really need to get this sorted, shockingly bad show.
    Mind you NOTHING has changed since I first posted this, and when I rode this and got photos yesterday.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast