Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars Land

• Team Hail HYDRA

Exclamation Cars Land

At an art signing I asked John Lasseter about Cars Land in any other parks.see said that Tokyo wants one and the hollywood studios WILL be getting one in the next few years!!!!
    any thoughts????

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: Cars Land

Better than Avatar, not as good as something that isn't a clone.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Heavy Breather

At least we know that something is coming to Hollywood Studios, even though it's not Star Wars Land

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Minion

Kind of wish DCA could have kept it for itself. If they really needed a movie tie in, there are tons of other movies that could provide the same draw that Cars land did. Monstropolis would have been really cool as well as Star Wars, tron, Up and others.

• Bearing with the bears

Lasseter might have a lot of influence at Disney but nothing stops the number cruncher from saying no to him. Plus he is a die-hard car enthusiast and he's probably thrilled at the idea of being able to milk the Cars franchise and make new designs. If it does happen... well... I'll be happy to see something new at DHS (possibly taking up the studio tours plot), however I would have loved to see something unique (other then Avatar) or an overhaul to a current E-ticket ride (that aging Arrow Dynamics track occupying the white dome at MK won't last forever TDO).

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

even if Carsland does come to Hollywood Studios I would HOPE they wouldn't do an EXACT clone like Mermaid. I want a new ride, new track, similiar yet different. A reason to go to both parks on each coast.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    even if Carsland does come to Hollywood Studios I would HOPE they wouldn't do an EXACT clone like Mermaid. I want a new ride, new track, similiar yet different. A reason to go to both parks on each coast.
    i doubt it
    the main reason rides are cloned is its cheaper

• Minion

lol like I've said before, the biggest, most ridiculous irony in WDW history. not only would it be the second cars land at WDW, it would be a land based on a pixar movie directly beside a land based on..... wait for it....... pixar movies. this is the time for a face palm if any.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    lol like I've said before, the biggest, most ridiculous irony in WDW history. not only would it be the second cars land at WDW, it would be a land based on a pixar movie directly beside a land based on..... wait for it....... pixar movies. this is the time for a face palm if any.

You don't think they would just expand Pixar Place to take on a Carsland attraction? I hope they put a Star Wars land here that is my dream. This parl needs something and if they clone CL completely that would be lame but obviously popular among many fans I am sure.

• Bearing with the bears

Honestly I'd rather have a huge Pixar Place instead of multiple empty soundstages.

• Member of Baxter's Army

My understanding is it would be an expansion of Pixar Place not it's own Land like in DCA.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    My understanding is it would be an expansion of Pixar Place not it's own Land like in DCA.
    I think so
    they may put cars land in and add 2 other attraction

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    You don't think they would just expand Pixar Place to take on a Carsland attraction? I hope they put a Star Wars land here that is my dream. This parl needs something and if they clone CL completely that would be lame but obviously popular among many fans I am sure.
    i agree with this but thats not being said here. theres a big difference between adding carsland and radiator springs racers, they are two totally different things, perhaps the OP should clarify but you cant just assume its going to be one attraction when 'carsland' was specifically stated. at the end of theday the best case scenario for pixar studios is the addition of RSR and some other pixar movie representation like turning HISA playground into a bugs life theme or a ratatouille restaurant ect.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Honestly I'd rather have a huge Pixar Place instead of multiple empty soundstages.
    well i have my own qualms with pixar (if your going to make a pixar studios land then you don't need to have pixar in a bunch of other attractions around the parks) however yes i agree although some star wars and a new backlot tour in the expansion pad would be nice touches as well.

• Team Hail HYDRA

He said cars land as a whole
    RSR and the town
    he did not clarify if MJJ or LFT will make it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast