Question Anyone who was ever in the disney college program

To: Anyone who was ever in the DCP

I am a 18 year old girl from Oregon. I want to do the Disney College Program Fall 2013. After reading many reviews and hearing multiple testimonies, I am more confused than ever. So I just want straight facts.

Kinda like a survey

1. What year/term were you in the DCP?
    2. How long (month arrive to month end) were you there?
    3. How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from?
    4. Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other?
    5. What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level?
    6. Would you choose a different role now?
    7. How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process:
    8. Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair?
    9. How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing?
    10. What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself?
    11. After that experience, what housing would you prefer now?
    12. Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence:
    13. How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)?
    14. Did you take classes? If so, which ones?
    15. Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently?
    16. Did you get college credit, or work experience credit?
    17. How 'home-sick' were you?
    18. Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy:
    19. Absolute BEST part of the DCP:
    20. Absolute WORST part of the DCP:

Any more comments would also be appreciated if you would like to elaborate

From everyone who wants to know about the Disney College Program,

THANK YOU!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Anyone who was ever in the disney college program

What year/term were you in the DCP? Spring Advantage 2004
    How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? January - June (then got a management Internship that lasted until January)
    How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? PLANE! (I came from Boise Idaho).. then took a Mears Shuttle to Vista Way

Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other? I wanted to experience something radically different than my Boise Suburban life! And I GOT IT!

What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? Front Desk at Disney's All Star Resort, checking in guests, checking out guests, being someone people could yell at and complain to! Worked 8 hour days, sometimes longer but was AMAZING experience!

Would you choose a different role now? NOPE
    How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process: Training is really intense, and great. And you are with people who are all new too, so there is a sense of teamwork you get with it, that you wouldn't get anywhere else!
    Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? OH IT WAS LOW! At the time only 6.50 an hour
    How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? After housing... hmmm I think I had about 100 - 200 a week.

What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself? VISTA Way 3 bedroom so a total of 6 people!
    After that experience, what housing would you prefer now? I loved my experience so I wouldn't change a thing.
    Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: You rely on a bus, but never have to pay for gas, or fix it... but you are tied to Disney property.
    How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? Parks, parks, and more parks! I was a person who loved the parks, and loved exploring them, I also loved picking up over time all over WDW, so a lot of my free time I was working, making friends, networking, etc... but I always had 2 days off a week.
    Did you take classes? If so, which ones? NOPE
    Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? The college program will be miserable if you don't have the right attitude... just go down knowing you are going to get exploited, and just have the time of your life, network, get as many skills as possible, so that when it comes time to launching your career you will be able to show how much better a candidate you are than anyone else!
    Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? NOPE
    How 'home-sick' were you? NOPE... made some of the best friends of my life!
    Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy: ALWAYS HAPPY! The program is what you make it, and I wanted it to be amazing, so I made it amazing!
    Absolute BEST part of the DCP: doing something that was so differnent that anything I could have ever done in Idaho, and making the fantastic happen every day!
    Absolute WORST part of the DCP: The long hours, the pay, the little nit picky stuff... but it all goes away as you make friends, and just have the time of you life!
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Characters are my friends

1. What year/term were you in the DCP? I did 6 CPs- Spring 2005, FA 2006, Summer 2007, Summer 2008, Fall 2009, and Spring 2010
    2. How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? Jan-May (then Aug), 2005; May 2006-Jan 2007; May-Aug 2007; May-Aug 2008; Aug-Dec 2009; Jan-May 2010
    3. How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? 5 of my CPs my dad drove me down. The other we flew down. I lived in NJ, so it was quite a drive
    4. Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other? Love of Disney
    5. What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? Ooo, this could be a novel! In order: merchandise, character attendant, custodial, QSFB, attractions (Toy Story Mania), and attractions (Great Movie Ride). Merchandise- I mostly worked the registers and assisted guests in the shops. Once in awhile I would be a stocker. I just about always closed (which was nice, as I could see Wishes). Character attendant- loved this role! In 2006, this role was still global, so I could be scheduled in all 4 parks (now, you are bid in one park, but can pick up shifts in the other parks). As a CA, you assist the character(s), keep the line orderly, answer questions, help take pictures for guests (especially if there is no Photopass), stuff like that. Nice thing is most shifts will be in the morning. custodial- in WS at Epcot, the shift will either be in streets (where you walk around sweeping, taking care of the garbage cans in your zone, lots of guest interaction) or restrooms (keeping the restrooms in your zone clean). There were basically 2 shifts- opening (6:45-1:15 or 3:15) and closing (1:15 or 3:15 to close). There also were speciality shifts for special events, and bussing for Germany. QSFB- I worked at Casey's Corner. You first trained for FOH (Front of House- the actual restaurant) and BOH (Back of House- the kitchen). FOH included greeter, keeping the topping bars clean and stocked, stocker, getting the orders for register CMs, ect. BOH included stocking, cleaning dishes, prepping the food, working the friers, ect. After a bit, came training for registers. Here again I mostly closed. The nice thing is that Casey's closed before the rest of the park. Toy Story Mania- positions included greeter, FP greeter, merge (the combining of the 2 lines), FP machines, grouper (sending guests to their rows), and load/unload (the people who dispatch vehicles), to name a few. I wasn't a big fan of working at TSM, because I hated working with FP. It's also a hectic ride. GMR- I loved it here! Positions include greeter, strollers, merge, loader, and tour guide. I loved this ride because I loved doing shows and spieling. I ended up working at GMR for 2.5 years total (including my CP).
    6. Would you choose a different role now? Yes and no. I would still pick character attendant, and attractions if I knew I could get GMR. But I don't think I would do the others I was in
    7. How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process I found the training to be good for all 6 CPs.
    8. Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? With exception of QSFB, the roles were all towards the bottom of the pay rate scale
    9. How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? I was good at saving money, so I always had enough to do what I wanted (I wasn't a partier).
    10. What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself? Stayed in Chatham for 5 CPs, and Patterson once. Split between 2 and 3 bedroom apartments
    11. After that experience, what housing would you prefer now? Chatham
    12. Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: Did not like the buses. Didn't have much of a choice (didn't have a car), but you have to devote a lot of time to get to where you want to go early
    13. How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? I enjoyed taking the backstage tours. I really enjoyed the ones for GMR, Haunted Mansion, and Everest. I also enjoy meeting the characters (since 2005, have met over 200 different ones).
    14. Did you take classes? If so, which ones? Took Exploring Heritage and Exploring Leadership, and loved them! Really interesting classes
    15. Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? I would recommend these classes to everyone
    16. Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? I got credit for my first 2 CPs
    17. How 'home-sick' were you? during my first CP, I was a little homesick. But I was able to work through it (and ended up doing 5 more CPs).
    18. Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy:mostly happy
    19. Absolute BEST part of the DCP: making new friends, and getting into the parks for free
    20. Absolute WORST part of the DCP: leaving! The end always had me depressed
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Former DL & WDW CM

1. What year/term were you in the DCP? - Fall of 2010 in Disneyland and Fall 2011 in Disney World
    2. How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? - Aug 2010 to Jan 2011 and Sep 2011 to Jan 2012
    3. How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? -Personal car both times from Wyoming, parents helped me move and then flew home.
    4. Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other? -Love all things Disney, college credit for my first one, great company on a resume
    5. What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? -Disneyland: Attractions Hostess at Buzz Lightyear. Normally a 5 -8 hour shift. I would rotate from greeter out front, to Fastpass merge (when Buzz still had FP), and three different positions inside to actually run the ride. I wouldn't say I was too stressed after the first few weeks(learning to run an entire ride was a bit stressful), and there were only a few instances (fire alarms, lost children, and rude guests) that got to me a little. Disney World: Presenter at Innoventions. Normally a 9 hour shift, sometimes 10-12 and once I did an almost 14 hour shift. I did presentations at three different venues in Innoventions. Mostly low stress, but management was kind of terrible, honestly, and things like the longer shifts, lack of breaks coming on time and other little things took away from my experience a bit.
    6. Would you choose a different role now? -No, in either case. Buzz gave me some of my fondest memories, and though Innoventions was occasionally tough, it gave me some wonderful friends, self confidence and coping/adjustment skills to a challenging situation.
    7. How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process: - I felt training was adequate in both cases, however, Disneyland was better. I got an entire day of guest interaction training and practice there before training on my ride. I didn't have to do Traditions at WDW so I can't speak to that, but I LOVED Disneyland's Traditions day. Both included a day learning about the park you're working in. Both also included tests to be completed before they'd turn you loose on your own.
    8. Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? - Disneyland: I was paid a little bit more than $9 (it was minimum wage in California, but the general cost of living is more there too, so it balances out). I considered it fair. -WDW: I was paid around $9.70. This was base pay plus "spiel pay" that attractions CMs who spiel get (Innoventions, Safaris, Jungle Cruise, etc. Some positions also get hazard pay, and you get more for just working in Magic Kingdom, which I always joked was mental health pay. California does not do this). I thought this was fair, and with all the long shifts I had a lot more leftover spending money than some of my friends in other positions.
    9. How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? - I can't give an exact amount, but it was definitely adequate. I had enough money to go out and do the things I wanted, have an annual pass to Universal both times, buy the souvenirs I wanted, and still get Christmas gifts each year and have enough money to move back with and get a new apartment (security deposit, first month's rent, etc.) And I paid student loans each month while I was in Florida.
    10. What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself? -Disneyland: The only housing was Carnegie Plaza, and I loved it. All the CPs (minus a few who lived "off campus") were in the same building, and it was a much smaller, more family like atmosphere. I thought the apartments were nice and comfortable, and they had a washer and dryer in each apartment. I had four room mates, we got along fantastically and are still great friends. The only caveat: parking. You have to park in a garage down the block, and my car got broken into. -WDW: I lived in Chatham. I preferred Carnegie overall, but Chatham certainly wasn't terrible. Parking was MUCH better here than California. I parked in the gated community right in front of my apartment. I had one room mate, which I preferred since I had been living alone before. The grounds were pretty.
    11. After that experience, what housing would you prefer now? -Carnegie overall, and I'd spring the extra money and try Patterson in Florida.
    12. Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: -Disneyland: Never really used the bus and drove myself. They do give you a public transit bus pass to use and it wasn't awful. -WDW: I didn't have a bad experience with the buses thankfully, so Pro. I was always on time - you just have to get on an earlier bus to ensure this.
    13. How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? -I typically had two days off. I went to the parks, went to Universal, explored LA, went out to eat, etc.
    14. Did you take classes? If so, which ones? -Disneyland: Leadership Speaker Series -WDW: Corporate Communication
    15. Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? -Nope. I would recommend either of those courses.
    16. Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? -Just college credit for Fall 2010 at Disneyland.
    17. How 'home-sick' were you? -Not too much. I was already going to school out of state, and my family visited two or three times during both of my programs.
    18. Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy: Happy. You'll have a few experiences early on that take away some of the "pixie dust", but you then learn to appreciate the experience for what it really is and learn a lot about yourself.
    19. Absolute BEST part of the DCP: The friends I made and still have, the independence I gained, and the fact that I've yet to be turned down for an interview because they're always so interested in what I did at Disney.
    20. Absolute WORST part of the DCP: Withdrawals when you get home!!

What year/term were you in the DCP?
    2010 Spring Advantage
    How long (month arrive to month end) were you there?
    February to August

How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from?
    We drove from Maine

Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other?
    I wanted to get experience and start a reputation with the company. I loved the history of the company which is part of the reason I wanted to have this experience

What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level?
    I was in Quick Service Food and Beverage. I worked anywhere from 6-14 hours each day. Sometimes I worked 6 days a week. It was stressful at times.

Would you choose a different role now?
    I actually learned quite a bit from what I did and I feel like the role I had was appropriate. I would've liked to get experience in other operations too.

How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process:
    It was difficult for me. This was the first job I ever had so it's only natural to have a hard time. The training classes were fantastic though.

Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair?
    It was minimum wage. Some say it wasn't much, but I got by fine off of it. To me it wasn't bad for a low-level position.

How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing?
    I'm not sure. I was able to pay for gas, the rent, and feed myself, so It was decent. I didn't really spoil myself so I was completely fine.

What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself?
    I stayed at Chatham. The apartment was actually quite nice. Each bedroom had a bathroom and a walk in closet.

After that experience, what housing would you prefer now?
    Not sure what you're asking here.

Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence:
    Pro. I had to use it. It wasn't bad most of the time.

How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)?
    I had a few here and there. A great deal of time was spent working. I found myself not going to the parks as often as I would. I didn't get tired of them, it's just I preferred sleep over park hopping.

Did you take classes? If so, which ones?
    Human Resources. Best class ever! It was cheap to take too and I got to go to the parks after class. Take as much as you can because the classes are high-quality and they're really cheap.

Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently?
    Even if this isn't your field, take some of the classes. Learning about other things is always a great Idea.

Did you get college credit, or work experience credit?
    Only a credit on the class. I couldn't convince my college to give me credit on anything else, so I just went for the experience. It looks really nice on the resume.

How 'home-sick' were you?
    I got a little homesick, especially on the long days. The people you work with almost become your family and that helps quite a bit.

Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy:
    Happy

Absolute BEST part of the DCP:
    Working with the best company int he world with people who are just as interested in working there as I am. You get to meet tons of people from all over too.

Absolute WORST part of the DCP:
    long long days. I agree about the withdrawals. It's been two years from me and I'm still going through it. The longer you stay, the worse the withdrawal. It becomes home after a while.

I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors Please remember that this experience is what you make of it. When you go through it, think positive. Keeping a positive attitude through the whole thing will make your experience much better. It will not be play every single day. You will have time to visit the parks too, but expect to work. It will be difficult at times, but realize that you will work hard and from that hard work you will learn from it. It was a terrific experience for me after it's all said and done. If you're thinking that it's going to be just more play than work, you are sorely wrong.

Highly recommend it. I had a wonderful time and made lots and lots of friends. Heck, I still know people who live on the opposite side of the globe. That's incredible!
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 12-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Nutty about Disney parks

1. What year/term were you in the DCP? Fall 2007
    2. How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? Late August till the first several days of Jan 2008
    3. How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? Dad drove me
    4. Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other? Go to Disney and get some sort of step up in a job in the entertainment industry (neither really worked for me)
    5. What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? I was in costuming and worked a regular 8 hr shift. It consisting of mostly setting up costumes and getting performers dressed
    6. Would you choose a different role now? Despite how hard it was it was still the best role for me
    7. How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process: Depends on what department you're working in. I strongly turning down any offers to transfer to different parks unless you don't mind having to learn completely new things in a short amount of time
    8. Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? I can't remember honestly. Probably not enough to completely jump start your life but your housing was covered in the pay
    9. How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? dont remember this either
    10. What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself? I was in the over 21 housing at first but moved due to difficulty with roommates. I moved to Vista about halfway through and the environment and people were much much better. It was a lot more convenient too.
    11. After that experience, what housing would you prefer now? Vista
    12. Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: Didn't have a choice since I had no car. Bus drivers can be sometimes rude though. Getting up early to make it to the bus doesn't help much either.
    13. How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? 1-2 days a week. Go shopping or go the parks. Not much else you can do car-less.
    14. Did you take classes? If so, which ones? Didn't need to since I had already completed college prior to the program.
    15. Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? convenient for me since I had more free time. From what I heard from my peers there most of the classes were pretty pointless.
    16. Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? work experience mostly
    17. How 'home-sick' were you? not really
    18. Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy: to be fair though I do have Asperger's Syndrome so such an experience can be a lot more stressful for people like me
    19. Absolute BEST part of the DCP: going to the parks, experiecing the backstage areas
    20. Absolute WORST part of the DCP: working on understaffed days, stress, other CMs that you have to work with (particularly performers) can get really nasty with you. Got switched around to different parks (bad mistake). Christmas time is a very stressful time to work. You might have better luck working the Spring Semester.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• out & about

1. What year/term were you in the DCP? Spring 2006
    2. How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? Arrived in Jan. Departed in May
    3. How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? I flew (on an jet plane).
    4. Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other? Good times (and Disney history).
    5. What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? Attractions, which actually turned out to be Parade and Fantasmic! audience control at DHS. I worked approx 6hrs/day (unless a third show was added and we were extended). My level of stress was extremely low.
    6. Would you choose a different role now? No way.
    7. How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process: Extremely easy.
    8. Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? I don't remember the exact amount of hourly pay but it was as low as i could be.
    9. How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? About $100.
    10. What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself ? I stayed at Vista Way. I enjoyed it. I shared my apt with 5 others. With about a month left in the program my roommate extended his program and was moved to another apt leaving me with my own room.
    11. After that experience, what housing would you prefer now? I wouldn't change my housing.
    12. Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: Pro Bus: low stress, no gas, no parking, etc. Con Bus: Having to be early to work due to bus schedule. Having to wait for the bus to make it's rounds at other housing complexes before taking you home.
    13. How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? Slept, shopped at nearby outlets/malls, Went to Orlando Magic Bball games, went to Atlanta Braves games at ESPN WWoS, went to parks, explored hotels/resorts, watched a lot of movies, hung out with new friends... that's about it.
    14. Did you take classes? If so, which ones? I signed up for Experential Learning. Went to one class and never went back. I wasn't getting school credit so I decided to spend more time with friends.
    15. Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? I feel good about not going to class.
    16. Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? Nope.
    17. How 'home-sick' were you? Meh... not really. My friends from home came to visit.
    18. Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy: Pretty much always happy.
    19. Absolute BEST part of the DCP: Being immersed in Disney culture.
    20. Absolute WORST part of the DCP: The pay.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

What year/term were you in the DCP? Fall 2006/Spring 2007
    How long (month arrive to month end) were you there? Didn't leave after either CP...
    How did you get there? Plane/Parent's Car/Personal Car? What state/country did you come from? Drove in my car
    Select one reason why you chose to do the DCP: want to have a good time, love Disney history, love Disney movies, love amusement parks, college credit, pertains to your career, or other?
    Several. Career. Love of Disney. Break from life. Etc.
    What was your role? What were your daily tasks? How many hours a day did you work? What was your daily work-related stress level? Operations. Attractions. Fall 06: 8/day 10/day holidays. Spring 07: Barely 32 hours a week in January/February but 14/day 6/week during Spring Break-May
    Would you choose a different role now?
    No
    How difficult is it to get organized, trained, and work? Regarding the instruction and learning process: Not difficult if you pay attention. Some people just don't have it, but for the most part you can be taught to do your job and do it properly. How you excel is up to you.
    Was your pay: low, medium, or high on the scale of (7$-9$)? Do you think that was fair? Low. Not really, but the experience was valuable.
    How much money a month did you ACTUALLY have to live off of each week, after housing? Can't remember. Not a lot. $1 ponies at Jellyrolls on Tuesdays were a lifesaver, even if it was Bud Light.
    What housing did you stay in? Did you like the amount of people there, and the apartment itself? Chatham. Loved my roommates at the time (moved in with them afterwards). Loved the girls next door. Didn't really have anyone else on the floor (everyone else moved out).
    After that experience, what housing would you prefer now?
    Chatham.
    Pro or Con on the bus system? Explain why you chose that in one sentence: Con. I don't wait for scheduled transportation pick ups that may/may not be crowded...I drive myself places.
    How much free time do you have each week? What were some things you did on your free time (besides the obvious)? Varied per week/season/holiday v. regular time. I worked MK so if we closed before 9pm we went out to party it was so early. My roommate worked Studios...if he worked past 8pm he couldn't take it and Er'd. Definition of "time" varies by where you work.
    Did you take classes? If so, which ones? Yes. Engineering & English
    Would you recommend this choice, or have done it differently? Yes. College credit for an easier class than the college offered.
    Did you get college credit, or work experience credit? Only for the English class.
    How 'home-sick' were you?
    Only near Christmas. And then on my second CP when my first set of friends went home. That was worse.
    Mood during the course of the program: depressed, moderate, moderately happy, happy, or always happy:
    Your moods are like anywhere else, they vary from AWESOME to **** I HATE THIS.
    Absolute BEST part of the DCP:
    1) Overall learning experience. 2) Crazy operations experience (top 10 theme parks in the world no matter which one you work in) 3) Life-long friends (still have them still see some of them - were in even part of my wedding)
    Absolute WORST part of the DCP:
    It will change how you view, use and critique the parks. It will kill some to all of the happy-go-lucky magic you have for the parks.