Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

More Disney FastPass + details revealed through new TOS posted

Disney has updated new terms of service on the web.. including details on FastPass+
    Disney Park Experience Legal Conditions | Walt Disney World Resort

Radio Frequency Cards and Other Devices

When you purchase certain Park Experience benefits, you may receive a radio frequency technology-enabled card or other device ("RF Device"). Your RF Device can be used to enter the Parks, access your room if you are staying at a Disney Resort hotel, and make purchases at select Parks and Resorts locations. Your RF Device also can be used to redeem Disney FastPass+ selections. Your RF Device is unique to you and the benefits you have purchased. You are responsible for keeping your RF Card safe and secure.

RADIO FREQUENCY CARDS AND OTHER DEVICES
    • In order to deliver the seamless and personalized experience of the Park Experience, we utilize radio frequency technology-enabled cards or other devices ("RF Devices"). Depending on the Experience benefits you have purchased, you and each member of your Experience Party will be issued a unique RF Device (similar to a Key to the World card), which allows us to identify the individual using the RF Device and the benefits associated with that individual.
    • Your RF Device is the key to unlocking your Resort experience, providing you entry to the parks and guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels access to their room. They will also be used to redeem your Disney FastPass+ selections. In addition, as described in the "Online Check-in Service" section of these Experience Terms, guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels will have the option to use their RF Device to make purchases at various dining, retail and other select locations throughout the Resort.
    • The RF Devices use technology similar to the radio and computer technology in smart phones, video game controllers, credit cards and "easy pass" toll payment systems. Many of the features enabled by your RF Device will be accessed by "touching" your RF Device to touch points located throughout our Resorts. (For security purposes, you may also be required to provide additional authentication information to enable certain functions, such as a biometric read or PIN.) Other features are triggered automatically when readers located throughout the Resort recognize your RF Device when you are within the vicinity of the readers
    • If you have a medical device and have questions about your medical device and RF technology, we encourage you to seek the guidance of the manufacturer of your device and your physician.
    • RF Devices are not transferable. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of RF Devices. If your RF Device is lost or stolen, contact Guest Services at 407-WDISNEY (407-934-7639).

Disney FastPass+
    You can use the Site/App to make FastPass+ arrival window selections in advance for select park attractions and entertainment as well as pre-order meals at certain quick-service restaurants. Valid theme park admission required and other restrictions apply.

DISNEY FASTPASS+ Service
    • Once available, Disney FastPass+ service allows you to select an arrival window to experience certain park attractions, character meet and greets, and quick-service restaurants, and to arrange a viewing location for certain entertainment such as fireworks, parades and shows.
    • Availability of a FastPass+ experience, the number of experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and vary based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction or entertainment experience, the time of year and the day of the week, and prior demand. In addition, the number of days for which you can hold FastPass+ selections at any given time is limited.
    • Each confirmed FastPass+ attraction, entertainment or restaurant selection is valid for (1) guest admission to the entrance of the designated FastPass+ location on the date and during the arrival window confirmed by the Site/App.
    • The operating hours of all attractions, entertainment and restaurant locations are subject to closures and change without notice.
    • You may make FastPass+ selections for yourself, your Managed Friends, and your Connected Friends.
    • Your Connected Friends may also make FastPass+ selections for you or modify the selections you've made without notification to you. You can view the selections and modifications made by Connected Friends for you when you log in to your account and view your itinerary.
    • FastPass+ selections made for you by a Friend will count toward the number of FastPass+ selections you may make and hold.
    • A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make a selection and redeem a FastPass+ selection. To make a FastPass+ selection for you or your Friends, you must retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.
    • Each FastPass+ selection will designate an arrival window for an attraction, restaurant location or entertainment experience. The FastPass+ selection is not valid before or after the designated arrival window or at any other FastPass+ location.
    • You may make FastPass+ selections for one park per day. You may only select and redeem a FastPass+ selection for a particular attraction, entertainment or restaurant experience once per day.
    • When you initially make FastPass+ selections for a particular park, you will select a FastPass+ experience set and if your plans change, you may modify the entire FastPass+ experience set until the first FastPass+ experience is redeemed or the first unredeemed experience expires. You may modify an unredeemed individual FastPass+ experience any time prior to the end the day.
    • All FastPass+ selections, whether arranged by you or a Connected Friend, expire at the end of the day for which they were confirmed. Unused and expired selections count toward the FastPass+ experience limit for the day.
    • Magic Your Way ticket holders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets or passholders.
    • Ticket holders holding passes or tickets with block-out dates may not make FastPass+ selections for any block-out date without the purchase of separate valid park admission and assigning that admission entitlement to your account.
    • We reserve the right to re-assign or re-schedule a FastPass+ selection due to an unplanned attraction or entertainment down time or change in operating hours.

Other restrictions and rules may apply based on type of park admission. FastPass+ experiences are not transferable, have no cash value and may not be substituted.
    basically what we already knew.. but now confirmed. PINs for certain credit card transactions.. up to 60 day advance windows for MYW ticket holders. But no FP if you convert to FP+

seems like there may be some valid reasons to NOT do FP+ for now... mainly being able to use FP in multiple parks per day and use multiple FP for same attractions.
    Last edited by flynnibus; 12-15-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: More Disney FastPass + details revealed through new TOS posted

Thanks for posting this. I think for now I shall use regular fast pass. I dont like to plan too much for my trip. I mean in that 60 days for fast pass + I could say I want to ride space mt for example on the first day I get there. However when time to go to the parks I might change my mind because I might not be feeling a Magic Kingdom day and then I'm stuck.

• Pilot EdForceOne

This once you go FP+.. you can't do FP angle is gonna be a problem for Disney. I'm sure this is a transitional thing... but man its gonna make any informed people NOT want to use FP+. Further driving a stake between the 'like' and 'dislike' camps of this new park experience.

I still think 60 days out is a bad idea.. and if they just did this with 'day of' or a few days notice.. I bet the whole thing would go over so much better. And they would be able to transition it in faster, and deal with 'unexpected' schedule changes so much better too.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Could you explain Managed Friends and Connected Friends , please.

Also, I can`t find where it says you can`t use both FP+ and FP. If you had an AP and were staying at the resort hotel you would use your RFID for FP+ and AP for FP.You would probably have to have the AP scanned at the turnstile for this to work

• Marching along

What happens to your experience if your FP+ attractions are down when you visit? It would be nice to be able to change your plan "on the fly" and revert to regular FP, but that doesn't look like a possibility.

FP+ sounds a lot more like a day at the office than a day on vacation. Others are more optimistic and I hope it all works out.

It will be interesting to gauge guest satisfaction with FP+ (and the satisfaction of stand-by guests) once all the bugs are worked out and the new system is up to speed.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Could you explain Managed Friends and Connected Friends , please.
    Managed friends are people whose profiles you control yourself. Example: You create a profile for your minor child, and as the parent, you control their account. Or, it could just be other members of your party that don't want to interact with the website themselves. All members of your party created on your reservation will be managed friends by default.

So Managed Friends will generally be 'your party' or someone who has delegated to you.

Connected Friends are other accounts, you have opt'd to link with your account. By doing so, you give them access to see things you have signed up for, and to book things together. So imagine if you were two families traveling together, and you want to be able to book FP+ or ADRs together. By being connected friends, you could in a single transaction, book everyone together at an 'event'.

Connected friends are a way to allow different groups to do things together, and share information/itineraries between each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Also, I can`t find where it says you can`t use both FP+ and FP. If you had an AP and were staying at the resort hotel you would use your RFID for FP+ and AP for FP.You would probably have to have the AP scanned at the turnstile for this to work
    It's in the section 'Converting to Paperless Tickets' - which I did not copy and paste into the earlier post but were viewable in the link. It states

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Terms of Service
    CONVERTING TO PAPERLESS TICKETS

• Once available, you may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission. However, you may want to keep your paper ticket or pass in the event you do not receive your RF Device before your visit or if you are a passholder you should keep your paper pass for validation of other passholder benefits.
    • You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.
    • You may convert up to five valid unexpired paper tickets or passes for yourself and for your Friends.
    • Partially used tickets or passes must be matched to the same person who originally used the ticket or pass. Tickets and passes are non-transferrable and must be used by the same person on all days.
    My guess for APs is.. once they convert your AP card media to RFID.. it will no longer work in the FP machines. And once your AP is enabled, a hotel keycard would not work as your ticket media.. but would rather point to your AP card instead.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Toad View Post
    What happens to your experience if your FP+ attractions are down when you visit? It would be nice to be able to change your plan "on the fly" and revert to regular FP, but that doesn't look like a possibility.
    You will be able to change your itinary at the kiosks at the parks or via the app. It's really no different than if there is no FP for the ride when you got the to park, or if the ride was down.. you just adapt. There is no 'loss' of value when you don't get to use your FP.. FP+ will be the same.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    You will be able to change your itinary at the kiosks at the parks or via the app. It's really no different than if there is no FP for the ride when you got the to park, or if the ride was down.. you just adapt. There is no 'loss' of value when you don't get to use your FP.. FP+ will be the same.
    my question is this on that note...are they going to open up more FP+ slots at a given ride because ride X is broken down???

This whole thing has got me curious but I don't think that the system is right for the way my family and I tend to travel.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    my question is this on that note...are they going to open up more FP+ slots at a given ride because ride X is broken down???

This whole thing has got me curious but I don't think that the system is right for the way my family and I tend to travel.
    I don't think that can be answered explicitly. The same thing can happen today... with new demand they can add more trains to marquee rides increasing their capacity.. which in turn would allow them to increase FP allotments.

The ToS also elude to the idea Disney may automatically adjust your itineary if an attraction is no longer available. I assume that to be something like... if they close an attraction and that wasn't on the normal schedule.. they will automatically redo people's schedules with a new suggestion for them. People can redo them again if they need to.

The availability of FP in the parks never guaranteed a ride on an attraction - people need to stop holding that level of expectation for FP+.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

My understanding is that you can change your FP+ selections right up to the time of the FP+ ride booked. That's something that you CAN'T do with regular FP. Once you do a FP, it's yours and you can't do any other FP till your time come around. With the + you have more options than with the standard FP.

• Pilot EdForceOne

You get a fixed number of fp+ uses. If you miss one, the tos says you'll be able to book another use of that fp+. Basically it uses and end of day that make them expire.

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Bearing with the bears

If anyone interested Jeff Lange posted a video of FP+ UI.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zd-nO8tImU

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

As long as there is a lot of flux with this system it will work.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Sounds like Disney's wasting a lot of money reinventing Facebooks "Graph" api...

This once you go FP+.. you can't do FP angle is gonna be a problem for Disney. I'm sure this is a transitional thing... but man its gonna make any informed people NOT want to use FP+. Further driving a stake between the 'like' and 'dislike' camps of this new park experience.

I still think 60 days out is a bad idea.. and if they just did this with 'day of' or a few days notice.. I bet the whole thing would go over so much better. And they would be able to transition it in faster, and deal with 'unexpected' schedule changes so much better too.
    I was excited about FP+ until I read this and realized I won't be able to get a FP for space mountain more than once a day...that's terrible!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast