• Minion

Talking Disney World Trip Report 12/10-12/16 [Image Heavy]

Hey guys! I got back to San Francisco last night and now I have time to write about my trip! My newly fiancée and I had an amazing time and thought I'd share some pictures and experiences here for you all on Micechat!

Pop Century: So we both stayed at the Pop Century and at first I was a bit apprehensive of staying at a budget resort. I was pleasantly surprised with the grounds of the resort and the rooms. I'm a flight attendant so I do stay in a lot of nice hotels 15 nights out of the month, and I can honestly say that the Pop Century didn't make me cringe! The room was spacious for the two of us, and they honored our request for a king bed. The bed was a bit hard for my taste, so if you do not like firmer beds then you may take another resort into consideration, unless all beds are the same. We ate at the food court for both breakfast and lunch a couple of days. I regret not bringing my own cereal as I felt we paid a small fortune for breakfast at the resort. If you want to save money I would bring your own cereal and purchase a milk quart at the foot court. Our room had a fridge, so it should last you your whole stay!

The Magic Kingdom: Nothing has really changed here from my visit in 2007, but the New Fastasyland is, so far, amazing! We dined at Be Our Guest for lunch because we couldn't get reservations for dinner. Since this was a new restaurant there was a wait for it. We waited about 40 minutes in line, but our food was brought to us promptly. We both had the steak sandwich, and although it wasn't the best sandwich I've ever had, it was great for Disney quick service! The work that went into this place is absolutely stunning. I found myself just looking around for a couple of minutes. I almost wished that they would put this much attention into a quality attraction for Magic Kingdom. We also really enjoyed Story time with Belle. Although this is more for kids, I found myself clapping along with everyone else! Great fun!

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party: Although I worked this party in the past, I've never actually been. We had such a great time, but I did feel it was a bit crowded to be a "special event" The attractions were mostly walk ons though. I decided to propose to my boyfriend in front of the gate of Be our Guest. It was such a nice location and very intimate. He thought it was a joke at first which I thought was funny. He was in shock! Definitely a location that will always be in our memory!

Test Track: We were able to ride the new Test Track a couple of times during the week. I welcome the new additions of the "Tron" look and the ability to make your own car, but I felt that making your own car made the standby line long. The estimated wait time was 70 minutes and we ended up waiting 120 minutes! The ride itself is pretty much the same, but now I feel that some of the areas of the ride feel like dead time. I'm not exactly sure what they can do, but this refurbishment is definitely an improvement!

Food: The food at the resort was either a hit of miss. The quick service at each park pretty much featured the same items, Cheeseburger, Meatball Sub, and Chicken tenders. With most guests visiting each park during their visit, I'm surprised they don't change the menu a bit from park to park. We did eat at some sit down restaurants though.

The Brown Derby: I love this restaurant mostly for its history and my love for the I Love Lucy episode when she visits. The food here is pretty pricey and the portions are on a smaller size. I would only eat here if you have a love for old Hollywood. It's a great place to visit once.

The Liberty Tree: I use to work here when I was friends with Goofy, now that they don't have the characters I was eager to see if it affected the place at all. The food here was definitely our favorite that we had during our stay. The endless portions are nice. Although the price is over $30 for an adult, I highly recommend this if you like a Thanksgiving style dinner and you enjoy family style. I didn’t miss the characters as much as I thought, but I’m not sure why they got rid of them either.

San Angels Inn: I wanted to try this place out because I love the atmosphere as it reminds me of the Blue Bayou. Having great Mexican restaurants only steps from me, I thought this place was just "ok." The price is really high for what was served. I ordered the Carne Asada without the onions cooked medium. I was surprised that it only took about 3 minutes for our food to come out. I was a bit suspicious so I inspected the platter more and discovered that they merely scrapped the onions off. The food had already been made. My steak was a bit cold. I didn't want to complain at all because our waitress was very nice and having worked in the field for so long, I know it wasn't her fault. I would stay away from this place if you can during your stay and make a reservation for a better place along the World Showcase.

Disney Fastpass +: I also had an opportunity to try out the new Fastpass plus for both the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We didn't use any of our Fastpass + at the Magic Kingdom because we either missed the time or we were too far from the attraction. We did use them at Hollywood Studios though. I think its good to note that you can change your Fastpass times are select kiosks at the park the day of your fastpass. You can even change the time of an expired fast pass . If I knew that I would have used my Magic Kingdom ones! All in all this new service neither helped nor hurt my vacation. I think it really depends on the time of year you are going.

All in all we had an amazing stay! I definitely noticed that the upkeep at Walt Disney World isn't up to par of its original sister here in California. Maybe it's to do with the size of the resort, but I definitely feel that the Disneyland Resort's upkeep is far superior to that of Walt Disney World. Below are some pictures I took of our trip that I'd like to share! All pictures were taken with my Iphone 4s

Jeff Wayne

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: Disney World Trip Report 12/10-12/16 [Image Heavy]

Love the rainbow castle!!!

And wha? no fotos of your proposal?
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    And wha? no fotos of your proposal?
    Agreed, did you catch any pics of the big moment (or at least some happy afterwards shots?) We'de love to see them!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    Agreed, did you catch any pics of the big moment (or at least some happy afterwards shots?) We'de love to see them!
    I wasn't able to get any shots of the moment as we were alone, which was nice since the park was crowded! I'll find some nice shots of us and post them here
    Jeff Wayne

• Nerd.

Congrats on your engagement!!! What a great place to get engaged!

I was there last week too. Crazy weather, eh? Humid to Cold!

I also loved New Fantasyland. We had a great dinner at BoG. I was just in awe of that ballroom. (Wouldn't that be one heck of a spot for a wedding?)

Love your pics! Glad you had a fun time.