Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Forbes: Disney Raises Bar On Customer Experience With New Fantasy Land

Disney Raises Bar On Customer Experience With New Fantasy Land

Disney Raises Bar On Customer Experience With New Fantasy Land - Forbes

An interesting read, do you agree with what they said?

And an interesting point of view from the business community.

• Minion

Re: Forbes: Disney Raises Bar On Customer Experience With New Fantasy Land

ORGOCH: I'm still scratchin' my fool head 'bout how they calls it an 'expansion' when, if the truth be told, it ain't no such thing! The Little Meter Maid ride is just replacin' 20,000 Frog Legs Under the Sea. The dang coaster thing they's still buildin' is just replacin' Snow Ball & the 7 Flakes Scary Adventures. Yeah, Prince Generic's castle looks okay but did they really have ta build a castle fer Booty & the Beat when they's already got plenty a eatin' joints in the park as it is? That interview with that dang woman just comes across like much ado 'bout nothin'!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Kind of a way of saying, "We want to swipe all the nickels left on the table"....

•   
    • Minion

It's a good start IMO for WDW the other three parks need a lot of help IMO. EPCOT future world needs help but the world showcase is acceptable. DHS needs a huge expansion. My dream would be in the form of Star Wars. And DAK which I love but it needs more attractions. I know Avatar is in the works but it would be nice to get that and another country.

• Bearing with the bears

Seems like they're just bragging, honestly it wasn't a step up or much of an expansion, it looks pretty and has some nice D tickets, that's about all it has going for it.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Disney says they are:
    using innovative technology and entertainment approaches that elevate the guest experience beyond anything we’ve ever delivered.
    First, you must understand your consumer and build your marketing plan on those insights. And, in our cluttered media age, story is more important than ever. What is your story? Find it. Tell it in a compelling fashion while being true to your brand, focusing on the elements of most interest to your consumers.
    This after they gut Main Street's specialty shops to market plush in every store window?

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Disney says they are:

This after they gut Main Street's specialty shops to market plush in every store window?
    And after they ignore the slipping quality of their services and degrading ride condition that breaks the "immersion".

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

How does Forbes determine this??? Did they look at satisfaction surveys or do any sort of research I'm just wondering how they do articles like this...

I know Sports Illustrated says flat out that this article was paid for by XYZ to promote product #6 but does Forbes do something similar???
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    How does Forbes determine this??? Did they look at satisfaction surveys or do any sort of research I'm just wondering how they do articles like this...

I know Sports Illustrated says flat out that this article was paid for by XYZ to promote product #6 but does Forbes do something similar???
    They probably did, most guests that fill out the forums have probably never seen "older" Disney.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They ran some numbers and think there will be a profitable return on their investment.

It's probably surveys, feedback, and how many people are going to the New Fantasyland. Of course, most people don't realize what used to be there (such as 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea for example) and what still needs to be done. Also, they make it sound as if the Little Mermaid brings something completely new and it's basically an exact copy of the one in Disneyland.

However, if you're a general tourist going into the Disney Parks and have a decent enough time of course you're going to think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's something new and different, so that might be another factor of the excitement and positive ravings.

• Minion

[QUOTE=DisCollector;1056884743 Also, they make it sound as if the Little Mermaid brings something completely new and it's basically an exact copy of the one in Disneyland.

However, if you're a general tourist going into the Disney Parks and have a decent enough time of course you're going to think it's the best thing since sliced bread. It's something new and different, so that might be another factor of the excitement and positive ravings.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...must have missed the elaborate castle and rockwork, as well as interactive games and animatronics in the queue for Disneyland's Little Mermaid attraction.

I understand that this is a west-coast based site, but it seems unfair that people don't notice that WDW does a lot right. This expansion was a huge step forward as far as theming goes in the park, and interactivity. A few months back, before Carsland was open, and everyone was complaining about how restrictive one-franchise based lands are, someone made the argument that Carsland can be seen as one large attraction, in which Radiator Springs Racers exits out into a continuing part of the experience. Everyone seemed ok with this.

Now we go to this beautiful new part of MK, and people are only looking at the rides. WDW isn't all about rides, it's about storytelling, theming, and the guest experience. Some kids will have more fun in line for TLM than actually on it. And like that Carsland poster said, it can be seen as a continuation and elaboration on something more than just a ride. Ride people can go to Disneyland if they want, but there's no denying that when it comes to immersion, elaborate theming, extensive and attractive dining options, and interactivity with guests in mind, WDW takes the cake hands down, and like the article says, New Fantasyland exemplifies that.

To me Disney had lost it's way. The penny pinches and corporate dogs almost killed the idea of what Disney is all about. The new Fantasyland is the first upgrade/build that Disney has done more along the line of how "Walt" would have done it.

It's ok that the "Little Mermaid" ride is a copy of Disneylands. I've never been to Disneyland nor do I ever see myself going to Disneyland. I live in New England and Florida is my favorite vacation spot. I got to see soft opening of both Beautys and Little mermaid, and everything was awesome. The ques were beautiful and well thought out, the rides colorfully and fun, and the technology was astounding (love the mirror portal, and Lumiere especially). The whole area was done wonderfully.

As a "customer" I was treated to a great show by everyone involved. Were are planning our next visit already. If Disney isn't "upping the bar" why would people keep going back?

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    To me Disney had lost it's way. The penny pinches and corporate dogs almost killed the idea of what Disney is all about. The new Fantasyland is the first upgrade/build that Disney has done more along the line of how "Walt" would have done it.

It's ok that the "Little Mermaid" ride is a copy of Disneylands. I've never been to Disneyland nor do I ever see myself going to Disneyland. I live in New England and Florida is my favorite vacation spot. I got to see soft opening of both Beautys and Little mermaid, and everything was awesome. The ques were beautiful and well thought out, the rides colorfully and fun, and the technology was astounding (love the mirror portal, and Lumiere especially). The whole area was done wonderfully.

As a "customer" I was treated to a great show by everyone involved. Were are planning our next visit already. If Disney isn't "upping the bar" why would people keep going back?
    I don't trust people with bad grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I don't trust people with bad grammar.
    ....and I don't care what people with out class have to say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast