More Muppets in the parks?

With The recent Muppets movie being a huge success, and a new Muppet movie on the way for a 2013 release, when will we start seeing more Muppets in the parks? Would Disney ever consider bringing back the idea of a Muppet land or the Great Muppet Movie Ride in DHS? Personally I think that a remake of Muppet-Vision 3D is needed as the old one is becoming quite dated and with 3D technology advancing, it could be one of the best 3D shows in the parks. When will there be more Muppet attractions?!
    I like to think of myself as a "realistic disney nerd"... yeaahhh maybe not.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: More Muppets in the parks?

This is a good question. I feel like they should really dust off the "Muppet Studio" idea they had for then MGM opened.

And when they built Pixar Studio inside DHS, there was a plan to create lots of little studios inside...

Where you have have:
    Disney Animation Studio
    Pixar Studio
    Mupeet Studio
    Lucas Film Studio
    ABC Television Studio

and with American Idol, and Toy Story Mania, and the retweaked Art of Animation attraction we began to see this unfold. But alas, like most of WDW's plans as of late, it stopped short.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by MrToddsMildRide View Post
    Personally I think that a remake of Muppet-Vision 3D is needed as the old one is becoming quite dated and with 3D technology advancing, it could be one of the best 3D shows in the parks.

While I LOVE Muppet Vision 3D, I think its replacement should go a different direction. 3D is no longer as special as it once was. Every major release at your local theatre can now been seen in 3D. I think the Muppet Show itself is a wonderful example of what should be here in the future. I picture a live action/Animatronics version of the actual Muppet Show. Think of American Adventure as a guide for the type of animatronic/video type thing I am thinking of. That would be awesome in my opinion. But, Yes.....MORE MUPPETS!!! (and a whole Muppet studios)

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    This is a good question. I feel like they should really dust off the "Muppet Studio" idea they had for then MGM opened.

And when they built Pixar Studio inside DHS, there was a plan to create lots of little studios inside...

Where you have have:
    Disney Animation Studio
    Pixar Studio
    Mupeet Studio
    Lucas Film Studio
    ABC Television Studio

and with American Idol, and Toy Story Mania, and the retweaked Art of Animation attraction we began to see this unfold. But alas, like most of WDW's plans as of late, it stopped short.
    I consider this sort of studio land concept to be the easiest concept for the park to evolve into from the mess it is now. The biggest challenge is that the formerly backstage areas are so poorly laid out for theme park use that it must be incredibly frustrating for anyone who actually knows how to design a good park to make anything decent out of it. The best thing would be to just demolish Pixar Place and everything that was ever part of the Backlot Tour and start over. They can't though because tearing down and rebuilding Pixar Place with a better layout would be a tremendous waste of money.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    The best thing would be to just demolish Pixar Place and everything that was ever part of the Backlot Tour and start over. They can't though because tearing down and rebuilding Pixar Place with a better layout would be a tremendous waste of money.
    Well they should have done it right the first time
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Inappropriate

Oh yes please, more Muppets. And I think we can all agree that they belong at DHS. I wonder if some sort of zany trackless dark ride could work for them. Just incorporating the frantic muppet chaos into a ride where you wouldn't know where you're going. And I really want a trackless ride stateside.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!