View Poll Results: How can WDW improve? (Vote for more than 1.)

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Carousel of Progress

34 54.84%
  • The Great Movie Ride

32 51.61%
  • Dinosaur at the Studios

11 17.74%
  • Add another transportation system--reduce bussing.

32 51.61%
  • Quieter plumbing at the value resorts

5 8.06%
  • Paint more often

26 41.94%
  • Make the parks as clean as the MK was in the 70s.

37 59.68%
  • Add more new attractions at least equal Universal's efforts

37 59.68%
  • This thread is too negative! Keep being perfect WDW!

5 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• HYDRA

Re: What at Disney World needs to be improved?

DHS really needs a "DCA style" rehab
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    DHS really needs a "DCA style" rehab
    I'd like a DHS rehab as extensive as DCA's,
    but with unique areas--possibly Star Wars or Marvel themed.

And move that hat to the parking lot or entrance, if it fits there. Or to the All-Star Movies resort.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-03-2013 at 05:16 PM.

• Insomniac

The real problem with WDW isn't aging rides, its the lack of rides and the neglect to the rides they have. CoP, if it had a slight update to the final scene, could still be brilliant. Same goes for the GMR, Muppetvision, etc. Cleanliness and upkeep are huge, and TDO has been failing. Fix what you've got, then worry about expanding.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Reduce the number of cast members who are working through the WDW College Program. Also Disney University should offer cast members English classes to those whose English is poor or practically non-existent.

As a university professor, it is my opinion thatThe College Program has no university educational value whatsoever. It's nothing more than a cheap labor force for the company. What's more, many students who sign up for a semester with the program are bombarded by ads in the cast lunchrooms and break areas to extend their stay in the program. This practice infuriates me because these kids need to go back, earn their degrees, then if they want they can come back to Disney, degree in hand, and work their way up through the company ranks.

I think the company should encourage Latinos whose English is poor to take company-sponsored English language classes. I also think the company should reward those who do complete English training. As a guest, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to communicate with cast members who clearly don't understand me and/or I can't understand what they're trying to say to me.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Bring back Journey into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment at EPCOT Center!

Its sad when I check of 6 out of 9. Probably top of the list for me is cleanliness and painting. Just gen. maint., which is something I have seen decline since our 1st trip in '99. And I know folks who feel the same who saw the decline well before our 1st time. I think we are all passionate to some degree about WDW related things, so we notice the decline.

Our last trip this past Dec., I noticed little things, in some places, bathrooms were very clean, other locations, not so. Very hit or miss. But two things that stick out in my mind the most, COP, last scene, the fathers dialogue was completely off from his mouth moving, and his movements were very jerky. The other, the complete decline of Buzz Lightyear, from the queue area, dirty, nasty floors, busted corners along the walls, chipped paint on walls, rails. Then the ride cars, turn mechanisms not working properly, guns working poorly. Things like paint can be taken care of at night, others, total refurb in order. I remember being in WDW shortly after Buzz opened, so I know how it once was, and now.

Cmon WDW execs., allow your maint. folks to do their jobs, otherwise we are back to hanging out at the local amusement park that Walt was trying to get away from!!

• former CM

Maybe George K. will improve WDW.

He's got to end any mention of
    Disney Parks, unless it's a rare & cool reminder of all of the Disney parks in the world. Many people travel to see out of the ordinary things, but "Disney Parks" just takes a simplistic view of branding and assumes that the comfort that goes with consuming a familiar Coca-Cola or McDonald's applies to travel.

Some guests who spend the most are also most likely to visit more Disney resorts IF there is more variety to merit trips.

BTW, Disney could do a better job of serving foreigners who might use a Disney resort as a base for a larger vacation in beautiful, exciting places like Southern California, Paris, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Adventures by Disney could lead this if they had the right people
    and
    if it moved further away from it's only for the rich mentality. It seems that ever since Michael Eisner's wealth grew, Disney's outdoor entertainment has had an awkward relationship with the middle class.

--Tom Sinsky
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-08-2013 at 09:33 AM.

• former CM

Here's a link to a Jan. 7 (yesterday) NY Times article about WDW's new bracelets:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/07/bu...general&src=me
    There are over 100 comments after the article.

The bracelet system seems to be Thomas Staggs' baby, and if it's not 800 million well spent, it could be badly timed for him since he's the current favorite to become CEO in 2015. If I were him I'd devote a lot to refurbishing WDW.

There was one great comment after the NY Times article from a happy parent who recently had a wonderful experience at WDW with his 7-year-old son. But Here is a negative comment from “Edgar” after the same article:

Walt Disney World has all but given up on maintaining their parks, which were once meticulously cared for. Today, multiple rides across property have effects or animatronics that don’t work and much of the parks is falling into disrepair. While some of it is small things (burnt out light bulbs everywhere you look, trash, dirty bathrooms), there are other issues like pieces of structures collapsing over guest areas (as recently happened on Splash Mountain and the Tree of Life).

If Disney wants more of my money, they should make their parks great again by investing in new groundbreaking attractions (like Universal and Sea World are doing) and keeping the parks pristine, unique environments — Not trying to get me to spend more money by supposedly shortening lines in dilapidated 40+ year old parks.

If anyone had written the first paragraph in the 1970s about WDW, anyone familiar with WDW would have thought him crazy.

Last edited by jcruise86; 01-08-2013 at 12:25 PM.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Maybe George K. will improve WDW. . .

--Tom Sinsky
    Well Now, it's official.
    George, if you're reading this thread, a lighter, working Yeti installed before the summer would be a nice symbol for your new leadership. Congrats!

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Well Now, it's official.
    George, if you're reading this thread, a lighter, working Yeti installed before the summer would be a nice symbol for your new leadership. Congrats!
    Also George K. If your reading my message please support us Journey into Imagonation (1983-2000) fans. We would like the original attraction back to how it used to be. I honestly don't want to sound greedy or anything but honestly the Journey into Inagination with Figment attraction there now isn't as good as the original and Dr.Nigel Channing doesn't even fit in the Pavillion anymore now that Captain EO is back. So please, for the sake of the fans including me (ps:my family and I have only seen the original on YouTube and never got to see the original in person or have gotten to go to Florida or Epcot center ever and whenever we ever plan a trip there we would all like to see the original Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment and play in the original Imageworks(Especially me and my little sister) This would make us all so happy. It would be better for EPCOT Center and for the Walt Disney Company/Corporation.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Also George K. If your reading my message please support us Journey into Imagonation (1983-2000) fans. We would like the original attraction back. . .
    Who's "we"?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post

the Hat - Kill it with fire.
    Now THAT I would pay to see!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    I think that EPCOT Center needs a whole lot of help. First: future world needs to work its way back to its roots. Edutainment! Fix imagination. Bring back wonders of life. Etc... They can do it, they just need to do it.
    Second: world showcase. Countries! We need em! UK needs a distinctly British attraction. Bring back toad? Make a deal with the bbc to bring a Dr Who attraction? Maybe hitchikers? My second favorite Disney loving coastie mention a great idea on another thread to add the alps! Make it so number one. Add more attractions, more countries! EPCOT Center could easily mop the floor with Harry Potter. They just NEED to do it.
    Also, avatar stinks.
    Don't forget about Horizons, World of Motion and such.

• Closed Account

Disney needs new technology. I enjoy rides that tell new stories but I enjoy even more when those stories are told in new ways. Remember the first time you went on Indiana Jones? Star Tours? How does that feel compared to Monster's Inc. and The Little Mermaid? That's what will make the difference for me deciding between Universal and Disney in the next decade. I mean, it's great they have secured all these great stories (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avatar, etc.), but what kind of technology is going to compliment these rides? I really like what Universal has done with the KUKA arm, Disney needs to step up and do the same and more!

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by RollerCoasterMouse View Post
    Disney needs new technology. I enjoy rides that tell new stories but I enjoy even more when those stories are told in new ways. Remember the first time you went on Indiana Jones? Star Tours? How does that feel compared to Monster's Inc. and The Little Mermaid? That's what will make the difference for me deciding between Universal and Disney in the next decade. I mean, it's great they have secured all these great stories (Harry Potter, Star Wars, Avatar, etc.), but what kind of technology is going to compliment these rides? I really like what Universal has done with the KUKA arm, Disney needs to step up and do the same and more!
    Or at least use "old" technology in mind-blowing, creative ways.

I'd like Tokyo Disneyland's trackless Pooh system used to even better effect in America. But that might cost too much for Disney's 2015 CEO (?) Thomas Staggs--he's got that great experience as Disney's CFO to lead the parks and studios. The smart theme park money is not on magnificent, uplifting attractions for Disney World (nor on paint, cleaning Spaceship Earth, Maelstrom, the CoP, nor on unnecessary sweepers),
    but on
    MyMagic+.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast