View Poll Results: How can WDW improve? (Vote for more than 1.)

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Carousel of Progress

34 54.84%
  • The Great Movie Ride

32 51.61%
  • Dinosaur at the Studios

11 17.74%
  • Add another transportation system--reduce bussing.

32 51.61%
  • Quieter plumbing at the value resorts

5 8.06%
  • Paint more often

26 41.94%
  • Make the parks as clean as the MK was in the 70s.

37 59.68%
  • Add more new attractions at least equal Universal's efforts

37 59.68%
  • This thread is too negative! Keep being perfect WDW!

5 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: What at Disney World needs to be improved?

many attractions need to have their lighting and sound seriously adjusted.

for example: i just went on living with the land and the lighting was so bright in the rainforest, you could see how all of the effects were done and the walls, revealing how small the room was. terrible. same thing on gran fiesta tour: the lighting was so bright, it was almost as if the work lights were on.

in general: didney world resort has severely declined in show quality (not in food) in my opinion, i will not be returning for a while. iŽll stick to disneyland until some fool destroys that.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Well were leaving tomorrow for a quick trip, we're mainly trying to get out of the cold for a bit(it feels like -2 here today) and just relax away from it all...

I'll make better comments then, but from what I saw the last time I was down there, it was mainly that they needed to fix effects, Splash was only 3/4 working and some of the other rides looked stale...

Other than that our resort looked great, and we really enjoyed the food when we were down there...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Well were leaving tomorrow for a quick trip, we're mainly trying to get out of the cold for a bit(it feels like -2 here today) and just relax away from it all...

I'll make better comments then, but from what I saw the last time I was down there, it was mainly that they needed to fix effects, Splash was only 3/4 working and some of the other rides looked stale...

Other than that our resort looked great, and we really enjoyed the food when we were down there...
    Have a nice trip!

Nobody has ever said that I'm good at following directions...only voted for ONE! Dang!!
    ~ Erik

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Have a nice trip!
    Thanks looking forward to it...not going to be too many pics, but I'll be sure to try and remember a good Trip Report when I get back...

we got a couple of things planned after that we don't really care what we do, a massage at the Grand Floridian(she's been wanting to try that out for awhile now and I finally caved in), Dinner at 'Ohana, dinner at the Rose and Crown(a first for us), and breakfast at Chef Mickey's before we go back to the cold...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Is there a button that says everything?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    Thanks looking forward to it...not going to be too many pics, but I'll be sure to try and remember a good Trip Report when I get back...

we got a couple of things planned after that we don't really care what we do, a massage at the Grand Floridian(she's been wanting to try that out for awhile now and I finally caved in), Dinner at 'Ohana, dinner at the Rose and Crown(a first for us), and breakfast at Chef Mickey's before we go back to the cold...
    Your earlier post made you seem pretty upbeat and not like someone who went out of his way to find faults. I hope you have some good news to report to us. I want to love Walt Disney World again, and I'm moderately optimistic that George K. will clean it up a bit--hopefully to the point where I'll want to visit with my family again!

I hope you check out my beloved Carousel of Progress, the Peoplemover and Philharmagic, and (please) report back if you think these attractions are still enjoyable.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-21-2013 at 04:40 PM.

• former CM

Seven questions:

Has Walt Disney World reduced the number of themed garbage cans? While using a garbage can is not exactly fun, I wonder if themed ones are more enticing and promote cleaner parks. I'd guess yes.

And are there still bushes shaped like Disney characters (topiaries) on the lake in front of the Contemporary resort near the MK entrance? Does the lake look as good as it did in the 1970s and 80s?

In the 1970s the tiny, one-person speed boats looked so cool. Weren't they replaced by two-person speed boats? Are these as popular? Have you ridden one of the smallest speed boats at WDW recently?
    How was it?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 01-27-2013 at 09:34 PM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Two questions:
    You leftserveral questions, what's up with that?

Has Walt Disney World reduced the number of themed garbage cans? While using a garbage can is not exactly fun, I wonder if themed ones are more enticing and promote cleaner parks. I'd guess yes.
    I think it is very close, but the recyling cans that go with them or replaced some tend to only be themed for recycling.

And are there still bushes shaped like Disney characters (topiaries) on the lake in front of the Contemporary resort near the MK entrance? Does the lake look as good as it did in the 1970s and 80s?
    I was thinking about this last visit. I remember a bunch between the MK and Epcot and didn't see any. I wasn't paying great attention but think they may be gone. I remember these well from very early visits.

In the 1970s the tiny, one-person speed boats looked so cool. Weren't they replaced by two-person speed boats? Are these as popular? Have you ridden one of the smallest speed boats at WDW recently?
    How was it?
    These have been updated a couple times and are now two person Sea Raycers. I've seen a lot on hot days, but not so many on cool or cloudy days. I think the popularity is very strong, but they have them at every resort on water except POP and AoA, so the use is probably spread out. I think the boats are very good. At one point they seemed rather tame but this was around when I also often used jetskis, which are more like personal water bullets.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    You leftserveral questions, what's up with that?. . .
    I got on a roll and forgot to change the #. Nobody's perfect.
    Thanks for the answers!

• former CM

--
    Last edited by jcruise86; 02-15-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123