View Poll Results: How can WDW improve? (Vote for more than 1.)

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Carousel of Progress

34 54.84%
  • The Great Movie Ride

32 51.61%
  • Dinosaur at the Studios

11 17.74%
  • Add another transportation system--reduce bussing.

32 51.61%
  • Quieter plumbing at the value resorts

5 8.06%
  • Paint more often

26 41.94%
  • Make the parks as clean as the MK was in the 70s.

37 59.68%
  • Add more new attractions at least equal Universal's efforts

37 59.68%
  • This thread is too negative! Keep being perfect WDW!

5 8.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• former CM

What at Disney World needs to be improved?

You may vote for more than one thing,
    and please add your own suggestions & post photos to the thread.

It'd be great if one of you would create another, better part 2 poll--maybe with more of Kevin Yee's recent suggestions, and (a different Micechatter) a "Part 3" with still more different options to vote on.

If you're new to Micechat and are shocked that some of us are being picky & even critical of WDW,
    WELCOME!
    Last edited by jcruise86; 12-20-2012 at 07:19 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: What at Disney World needs to be improved?

Ok so my two cents.

I think the parks stay cleaner, when Disney presents a pristine park at the start of the day.

I think that part of what made Disney feel magical (on my first trip in 1996) is that everything felt brand new.

Everything at the magic kingdom, E.P.C.O.T. and Disney-MGM Studios felt freshly painted, newly washed and stunning.

These days you go into Epcot, and you immediately see that Spaceship Earth needs a pressure wash.

You see the mirrors at it's base need to be cleaned.

Things just feel clean and fresh any more.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Mkcoastie

These are in addition to new things that should be added:

MK:
    Tomorrowland - The whole land has lost its direction. Buzz is in serious need of an Update, Stitch needs to go, and Monsters Inc Laugh floor simply doesn’t belong there. I would also love to see a bit more TLC to the PeopleMover and COP.

Splash Mountain - I would love to see the jumping water effects fixed. They where my favorite part of the ride.

EPCOT

Future World - Once again, the whole area has lost its direction. Energy and Imagination need complete redo's. SOMETHING needs to be done with the Odyssey, and the whole area needs to be tied in again like it once was (matching signs, simplified symbols for each pavilion).

Soarin - I put this by itself because the fix here should be a lot easier to do. Give it a new film. The current film is getting dirty to the point that it is distracting. If that new "around the World" film is not yet ready (why?), then at least replace the current one with a cleaner copy.

Norway - A lot more TLC for the only real ride in World Showcase.

Mexico - Couldn't something be added to this boat ride to make it more interesting, you know...so people don't totally discount it (like I just did in the above sentence)?

World Showcase - A new ride or pavilion. WS has been allowed to stay exactly in its current form because it still is wonderful, and people still love it. That’s no excuse not to try and improve or add to it.

DHS

the Hat - Kill it with fire.

Great Movie Ride - More TLC.....maybe a way to lessen the "acting" component of the ride?

Muppets - Needs an update.

Star Wars - Why do we not have more Star Wars yet? *impatiently tapping my feet*

Pizza Planet - This half hearted attempt at a Pizza Planet is just not working. The One in the Toy Story film was amazing. It looked like a space port, you could fill your drink up from alien heads, there were moving robots guarding the doors, and all the games where space themed. What we have in DHS is a lackluster arcade with some buzz lightyears thrown in. this could be better.

Sounds Dangerous - Do I really need to go into what and why on this one?

HISTK Playground - Needs an update....my kids (and anyone who would be interested in playing here) have no idea what honey I shrunk the kids is. The playground is in need of lots of TLC

DAK

Bone yard playground - This used to be my kids favorite place in the park.....it is showing its age and need a lot of TLC if not a full redo

Everest - Fix the Yeti

Tree of Life - Find a way to get rid of the nets.

Resort Wide
    Much more attention to maintenance and upkeep. Disney has a hard earned reputation for this...don't let it become a thing of the past.

• former CM

Good post, mkcoastie!

But "Kill it
    [the hat] with fire"?
    That's frighteningly specific. Don't do it!

• former CM

I'd add bike paths, bridges and numerous bike parking lots so guest could easily drop off and pick up bikes all over Walt Disney World.

This would fight the idea of out-of-shape Americans at Disney World (Bill Hader Sat. Nt Live commercial), and be good for the environment.

The busses would still be there.

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    Good post, mkcoastie!

But "Kill it
    [the hat] with fire"?
    That's frighteningly specific. Don't do it!
    Sadly, no matter how many times I keep trying to explain the service I would be providing, security keeps telling me I can't come in with the flame thrower.

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    I'd add bike paths, bridges and numerous bike parking lots so guest could easily drop off and pick up bikes all over Walt Disney World.

This would fight the idea of out-of-shape Americans at Disney World (Bill Hader Sat. Nt Live commercial), and be good for the environment.

The busses would still be there.
    Love this idea. If you've ever had the opertunity to stay at any of the Crescent Lake resorts (BC, YC, BW), the absolute best part about them is the ability to walk to EPCOT. I love being able to do this. It would be awesome to be able to walk to more places. Surely they can put a bike rental both at the entrance to the parks so that you have a place to drop off and pick up your bike that you rode form your resort.

• former CM

Plus three of the moderates with very small trains.
    1. From Coronado Springs to the AK.
    2. From Port Orleans to EPCOT.
    3. From the Caribbean Beach Resort to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

• Banned User

OK, Agenda 21 at Walt Disney World, too?

Agenda 21 ? Glenn Beck

• Bearing with the bears

CoP, more transportation, new paint, make it cleaner and give Space Mountain a proper overhaul (no, welding cheap steel to the structure does not count).

• Mostly Harmless.

I think that EPCOT Center needs a whole lot of help. First: future world needs to work its way back to its roots. Edutainment! Fix imagination. Bring back wonders of life. Etc... They can do it, they just need to do it.
    Second: world showcase. Countries! We need em! UK needs a distinctly British attraction. Bring back toad? Make a deal with the bbc to bring a Dr Who attraction? Maybe hitchikers? My second favorite Disney loving coastie mention a great idea on another thread to add the alps! Make it so number one. Add more attractions, more countries! EPCOT Center could easily mop the floor with Harry Potter. They just NEED to do it.
    Also, avatar stinks.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Mkcoastie

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    My second favorite Disney loving coastie mention a great idea on another thread to add the alps!
    Thanks you, good sir!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I think that Bike Paths all around WDW would be INCREDIBLE, especially if there were just bikes that you could grab and go from point A to point B without renting.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

1) Extend hours across the board. Parks are closing too early and EMH isn't an acceptable replacement.

2) Rethink FastPass+. I'm not hot on the idea of reserving rides months in advance of my trip. Certainly, there has to be a different way to do this - maybe give those at deluxe Disney resorts a smaller window between passes. I guess that would be more complex though, and complexity is the enemy of mass tourism.

3) DHS is short on real rides. I don't think that's news to anyone. There's also the slight problem as to how aged a lot of the attractions appear now (Indiana Jones, HISTK, Muppetvision) or how they've gotten mutilated to the point where they're basically pointless (Backlot Tour). I'd like to see management really rethink that place, but realistically I know that isn't gonna happen because it is still popular enough to draw crowds. And the Hat is repulsively ugly.

• Mr Test Track

Maelstrom needs a major upgrade.

World Showcase needs another pavilion. Brasil, Russia, ect. I don't care. It's kindv'e boring with nothing new there.

Ditch Avatar, put Beastly Kingdomme.

Star Wars, Pixar, and Muppets each need their own lands in DHS.

it's a small world and Peter Pan's Flight need new facades.
    Last edited by PerrySimon; 12-24-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Trips to WDW / DLR

Wilderness Lodge - 2 times
    Beach Club - 3 times
    Boardwalk - 2 times
    Caribbean Beach - 1 time
    Grand Floridian - 1 time
    Disneyland Hotel - 1 time
    Pop Century - 3 times
    DTD Holiday Inn Express - April 1st - April 5th

I voted for more cleanness in the parks, I know it needs more work than that, but its a good start, and a cleaner park would give the cast members more pride in there work and what they do I think.

I agree to add another pavilloin. I vote Russia.

It would be awesome to have bicycle and or sidewalks for walking inbetween parks. I use the monorails as much as possible. Street traffic is horrible inside Disney grounds, I drive through it almost everyday ! And its a lot easier just to stop and look around/read signs when your lost on a bicycle or walking!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast