Cool Magic kingdom 1980

This pictures are from a trip my father made in 1980, and that was two years before I was born LOL

So I scanned them to share them, I'm not 100% sure of some of the things in the pics so a little help will be good.

Also, how can you add the pics from flickr to make them visible in this post witout adding just the link?

mk 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Are this stores at main street?

mk 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The small one is a ticket kiosk ??

mk 6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

More pics soon
    Last edited by Sapphire-Light; 12-22-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Re: Magic kingdom 1980

MK1 is main street. This is the very opposite side of the bank as MK3 (Taken from in front of the Crystal palace towards the castle).
    MK2 is a side alley. I believe an extension of the Emporium now occupies that spot.
    MK3 was taken near the hub towards... I think they call it the crystal palace.
    MK4 is actually Fantasyland. This is the old 20K ride taken from the Skyway.
    MK5 was taken from in front of the Emporium towards Town Square.
    MK6 is taken from the courtyard behind the castle. That's the carousel and that is indeed a ticket booth.

I'm not sure if you already know this or not. Very nice pics! keep them coming!
    Last edited by Disneytwins; 12-22-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    MK1 is main street. This is the very opposite side of the bank as MK3 (Taken from in front of the Crystal palace towards the castle).
    MK2 is a side alley. I believe an extension of the Emporium now occupies that spot.
    MK3 was taken near the hub towards... I think they call it the crystal palace.
    MK4 is actually Fantasyland. This is the old 20K ride taken from the Skyway.
    MK5 was taken from in front of the Emporium towards Town Square.
    MK6 is taken from the courtyard behind the castle. That's the carousel and that is indeed a ticket booth.

I'm not sure if you already know this or not. Very nice pics! keep them coming!
    Thank you for the information, is very good mostly on the pic mk2, I was wondering were was that spot but couldn't figure out the place, so is because gone now.

The ticket booths looked very good, when did they were taken?

Here are more of the photos:

mk 7 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 8 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 9 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 10 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Not sure were is this area on mk 11

mk 11 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk 12 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

More soon

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Thank you for the information, is very good mostly on the pic mk2, I was wondering were was that spot but couldn't figure out the place, so is because gone now.

The ticket booths looked very good, when did they were taken?

More soon
    I was looking up pictures of this alleyway as it appears today. Surprisingly, I found a picture taken almost in the exact location:Main Street Emporium | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is how it appears on the outside: http://www.flickr.com/photos/burnsland/4840979032/

The ticket books were discontinued in the late 70s/early 80s. I believe this one does exist (or did) in front of Winnie the Pooh and was used for merchandise. I think they recently ditched it though. There is one remaining booth in Tomorrowland and that one has a red spacecraft on top of it.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I think MK11 is right in front of the castle looking towards Tomorrowland. I think that is either the courtyard in front of the stage or it's where the stage stands now.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

I was looking up pictures of this alleyway as it appears today. Surprisingly, I found a picture taken almost in the exact location:Main Street Emporium | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

This is how it appears on the outside: Main Street Emporium | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The ticket books were discontinued in the late 70s/early 80s. I believe this one does exist (or did) in front of Winnie the Pooh and was used for merchandise. I think they recently ditched it though. There is one remaining booth in Tomorrowland and that one has a red spacecraft on top of it.
    I think MK11 is right in front of the castle looking towards Tomorrowland. I think that is either the courtyard in front of the stage or it's where the stage stands now.
    Thank you for the information.

Is incredible how mush MS has changed, the old shops facades looked very good is sad that they had to go.

Here are the last pics:

mk13 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk14 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk15 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk16 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

At mk17 Is this cable the one for skyway?

mk17 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk18 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

mk19 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thanks so much for the photos! I love seeing how the Magic Kingdom has changed over the years. In reference to the MK2 photo, this link below has some great info about the shops that used to be on Main Street, including a photo from further off, so you can see how the flower shop fit into the area.
    Shops and Restaurants
    Walt Dated World is a great site with a lot of information, and I really appreciate all the work they do to show us how Disney World used to be!

Love the photos! Thanks for sharing!
    For the love of Disney....

• Minion

The thing that always strikes me about pictures (and my memories) from that era is the sense of open space there was in the Magic Kingdom. It's been built up so much, and the trees allowed to grow so much, that it feels almost claustrophobic to me now.

• MiceChat Columnist

Kernersville, North Carolina, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Meg View Post
    Thanks so much for the photos! I love seeing how the Magic Kingdom has changed over the years. In reference to the MK2 photo, this link below has some great info about the shops that used to be on Main Street, including a photo from further off, so you can see how the flower shop fit into the area.
    Shops and Restaurants
    Walt Dated World is a great site with a lot of information, and I really appreciate all the work they do to show us how Disney World used to be!
    I did a column about this on Mice Chat this summer. I hate that we lost an amazing part of the Magic Kingdom!

Theme Parkeology: Center Street in the Magic Kingdom - Blogs - MiceChat

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

The flower market seems so decadent now with the current state of the park
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

Thanks for the information everyone, wow those pictures of the alley wit the flowers are impressive.

I miss the day when the stores at the parks had more different merchandise, now is almost like every store has the same thing.