• Self Congratulative

AMAZING DEAL - Travelocity discounts!

I go to WDW quite often. I am blessed to have a business account which allows me to do so seeing as I live half of the country away. Recently though, some friends of mine asked if I could use my experience to plan and book them a trip to WDW. This gave me a chance to see how other people plan their trips and book.

I've been comparing prices on many different options and have come up with some interesting numbers. Rather than bore you with the figures I'll just show you some of the results I have found:

1. Booking a trip using Travelocity for your WDW resort and flight in the regular season comes out cheaper than the same exact flight and hotel in the Value season whether I use Travelocity or not for the latter. The cause: flight prices double.

2. Booking your trip through travelocity comes out about $200-500 (depending on length of stay and accomodations) cheaper than booking direct through Disney. That extra money can be used to get a nice rental car!

I've never used anything other than Travelocity so I'm not quite sure if the results pan out across the board or not. And no, I don't work for travelocity. I just thought I'd share that with those who are in the middle of planning a trip right now. I sure do hope that this has helped someone!

• Banned User

Re: AMAZING DEAL - Travelocity discounts!

Well thanks for that info. In the meantime, I just caught that horrible commercial about WDW for cheaps "Be a Hero", where everyone goes around dressed as a marvel superhero and they actually show nothing about WDW (can't blame them for that though..) until the very end when you see the Castle. I thought of it being quite tacky. What will be next? Changing WDW's name to Pixar's Disney World???

• Self Congratulative

I saw that commercial as well. I think Disney needs to get Kodak's people to make their next campaign.

Thanks for the info, you really helped me. On airfare alone, I was able to get it down to 203 pp versus 307 on United whom I usually take. Yes, the dates were not very flexible, but I'm buying 6 tickets, and that makes a big difference. That pays for alot of my food.

Should I use Travlocity for my entire vacation planning to Orlando, like park tickets, car?

• Where Schemes Come True!

the only bad thing about Travelocity is the lack of the dining plan as an available option...they might have it now but when I got my honeymoon booked for me it was not available...

-dB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    In the meantime, I just caught that horrible commercial about WDW for cheaps "Be a Hero",
    LMAO That commercial is sooooo stupid. The first time I saw it I was like "the hell was that about????"
    Baaaaad.