Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    She needs to go now.

By the way, how long has Meg been President of WDW, and is she aware of the universal hatred towards her?
    Meg is simply a corporate scapegoat. Management in Florida is so multi-layered burecratic and convoluted that the acting president really has little real power. Meg was put in place because she would not interfere with the never-ending bureacracy that is Team Disney Orlando.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Meg is simply a corporate scapegoat. Management in Florida is so multi-layered burecratic and convoluted that the acting president really has little real power. Meg was put in place because she would not interfere with the never-ending bureacracy that is Team Disney Orlando.
    This is a dang accurate statement. My hope with George is that he will do with TDO what he did with the call centers. Made it more lateral, and made them more agile environments where policies can be implemented and changed quickly as they prove to be success or failures.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

As long as there's improvement in ways of quality and show, I could almost care less who's name is on a specific desk or parking space...

But if this change equals what it did for Disneyland than all I can say is Welcome Georgeyboy!
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Most of the excitement seems to be the ubiquitous problem amongst Disney fans where they love somebody for not being somebody else. Kalogridid was not Grier (not sure why he was hated except for not posing with fans for pictures) and now he is not Crofton. Just as Iger was not Eisner, despite being his hand picked successor, and Staggs not being Rasulo, despite being his boss all the way back to their days at Strategic Planning. Yes, Disneyland Resort has been cleaner since 2005, but does that negate what is new still not being of the depth that made Disneyland a cultural icon? Or the end of things like the Cast Christmas Party? Or screwing over Club 33 members? Disneyland is in a prettier wrapper than in years past, but I think there are still some serious operational, social and artistic issues.
    Disneyland/World will always be flawed, no matter how great management gets they'll always have to do some "evil" things or they'll screw up a purchase. Sure they could do a much better job but when you consider some of the concrete still hadn't dried when Disneyland opened there were and there will always be problems with the parks. Sure Disney is huge compared to when Disneyland opened but you can't expect everything to be perfect. I think we should just be happy the worst of the bunch are slowly leaving, like the chipping paint on a badly maintained ride.
    Last edited by BandM; 12-24-2012 at 09:06 AM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Disneyland/World will always be flawed, no matter how great management gets they'll always have to do some "evil" things or they'll screw up a purchase. Sure they could do a much better job but when you consider some of the concrete still hadn't dried when Disneyland opened there were and there will always be problems with the parks. Sure Disney is huge compared to when Disneyland opened but you can't expect everything to be perfect. I think we should just be happy the worst of the bunch are slowly leaving, like the chipping paint on a badly maintained ride.
    Huh? Growing pains are not at all comparable to what happens today. And the "worst of the bunch" are who besides a few that have become known without concern for their luetenants that remain, now in charge.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Huh? Growing pains are not at all comparable to what happens today. And the "worst of the bunch" are who besides a few that have become known without concern for their luetenants that remain, now in charge.
    Point taken, still it's nice to see SOME change in management, who knows, they might finally fix the yeti.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    . . . it's nice to see SOME change in management, who knows, they might finally fix the yeti.
    Or replace him with one that does something interesting. And do this before the summer, or pay Universal to improve this attraction.

If true, then Meg's ouster is probably a good thing since her credibility among the hard core Disney fans (along with their wallets) was non-existent. You get George K. in return who seems to get high marks because he was in place during the DCA reboot (though the planning was well in place before he came aboard) and he generally was a visible front man for the DLR when previous presidents were practically invisible. But according to Al, George was also the guy who delivered the news of the cancelling of the annual cast member Christmas party under questionable reasoning (though I am sure he was just doing as he was told). Not the best way to exit.

As for one Disney, mixed results. The Disney fans saw the loss of individuality of the Disney Parks on each coast. They responded with the appropriate fist shaking. But there was also a lot of behind the scenes merging of corporate park administrative functions that now fit under one umbrella and adds to the Disney profit margin - duplicate efforts were eliminated. And yes, it did cause people, many people, to lose jobs.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    You get George K. in return who seems to get high marks because he was in place during the DCA reboot (though the planning was well in place before he came aboard)
    Many people say GK shouldn't get credit for DCA because it was planned before he was in charge. He should get credit because he was in charge when seeing through the plan. He may in fact be the one that kept things on track to the positive outcome, and adapted the original plan to the a better outcome. If not there another person may of cut back the plan so much the DCA 2.0 wouldn't be much different to DCA 1.0.

• We Go On.

Correct me if this is wrong, but I give George a lot of credit for keeping the renovations on schedule while not cutting costs. And simple things like the RoA refurb, the Matterhorn refurb that had been lingering in our imaginations for years, this BTMRR refurb, the IJA refurb, and also correct me if I am wrong here, but: Star Tours?

• The one, the only...

What Disneyland has not needed is another Disney Management type to use that position as a stepping stone to something greater. If George leaves, he will only be in a long line of Disneyland presidents that only stayed a few years and had little impact on the place. In my mind, only Matt Ouimet had a real and lasting positive impact on Disneyland among those who have served in the last twenty years.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

since WDW heads have been imposing their ideas at the Anaheim team it might be a good idea for George K to move back to WDW and put some sense to the rest of the team and let them know that not everything that works for Florida works for Anaheim.

I am sure he knows by now what ideas from Florida made his team here in Anaheim roll their eyes
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-27-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Just dropping in to correct a little misstatement. Kevin did not break the news that George would be replacing Meg in 2013.

I did.

I do have a large ego, so I sorta like the credit for putting out accurate informtaion ahead of others. To be fair, I haven't seen what Kevin put on FB, but I doubt he's taking credit for the news either. ... Now back to MAGICal pastures.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Micechatters!

~74~!

• Minion

ORGOCH: Yeah, ya was the one who broke the news in a more public way, but I was the one who conjured the whole thing up inside my crystal ball befer tellin' ya 'bout it so's ya could be the one ta blab it ev'rybody else! Don't fergit that! And where the @#$% ya been all this time, WDW1974, ducklin'?!?! I ain't seen ya 'round here in quite a spell. Been under a hex a some kind???

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Yeah, ya was the one who broke the news in a more public way, but I was the one who conjured the whole thing up inside my crystal ball befer tellin' ya 'bout it so's ya could be the one ta blab it ev'rybody else! Don't fergit that! And where the @#$% ya been all this time, WDW1974, ducklin'?!?! I ain't seen ya 'round here in quite a spell. Been under a hex a some kind???
    I think I've seen him during my journeys on other Disney Park forums. He usually gives "insider info" and great input to the topics at hand. I guess he just now decided to give his two pence.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast