Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Member of Baxter's Army

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORGOCH: Yeah, ya was the one who broke the news in a more public way, but I was the one who conjured the whole thing up inside my crystal ball befer tellin' ya 'bout it so's ya could be the one ta blab it ev'rybody else! Don't fergit that! And where the @#$% ya been all this time, WDW1974, ducklin'?!?! I ain't seen ya 'round here in quite a spell. Been under a hex a some kind???
    WDW1974 has deep connections within the WDC Far more than Kevin does and his track record proves that. I can't answer as to why he does not post frequently on this board but on the boards he does frequent he is one of the few voices of reason and gets lots of abuse from the Defenders of Mediocrity for telling the truth that they don't want to hear.

• Minion

ORDDU: Yes, we know that, HMF, duckling. We miss WDW1974 and wish he would share more of his insights more often. Maybe if we put a spell on him he'll return?

ORGOCH: Cain't use magic in this part a the world, sister! Ya knows that!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

I would love it if WDW1974 posted more on here.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Heavy Breather

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    I would love it if WDW1974 posted more on here.
    It would be fun now wouldn't it?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

it really doesn't matter who is in charge of Operations as they don't make the decisions on what is going on in each park. that is Tom's job now. But Meg was put in place by rasullo so he wouldn't have anyone question what he wanted to do. That being said. I found it interesting that meg was no where to be seen during the opening of the fantasyland expansion, Nor was phil holmes. Hope he will be the next to go.

• Minion

ORDDU: Phil Holmes is way too full of himself--allowing that portrait of himself to be displayed inside the shop within Gaston's Vilage. I don't know if it's still there now but it was for a time and just reeked of egotism.

• Heavy Breather

ORDDU: Phil Holmes is way too full of himself--allowing that portrait of himself to be displayed inside the shop within Gaston's Vilage. I don't know if it's still there now but it was for a time and just reeked of egotism.
    Might I ask what position Phil Holmes has?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Might I ask what position Phil Holmes has?
    Worst VP in Magic Kingdom history.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Just dropping in to correct a little misstatement. Kevin did not break the news that George would be replacing Meg in 2013.

I did.

I do have a large ego, so I sorta like the credit for putting out accurate informtaion ahead of others. To be fair, I haven't seen what Kevin put on FB, but I doubt he's taking credit for the news either. ... Now back to MAGICal pastures.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the Micechatters!

~74~!
    Correct - I wasn't trying to take credit on FB (or twitter)... I merely posted that I was reading rumors of George taking over for Meg. Rumors that started with this 74 guy! (wink)
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Minion

ORGOCH: That's okay, I'm takin' credit from the BOTH of ya's--since I'm the one with the crystal balls!!!

I think it may still be there, I didn't realise that was him. I heard that he has a buzzer on his desk and he has to buz visitors into his office. Just a rumor of course. The point is that the other parks have had several heads over the years, some better than others but for some reason phil is still hanging around. I guess if he stays under the radar enough he can keep his job.

• Closed Account

But if George does come in....does TDA ppl follow him?? Cause if George just lords over Al Weiss's/ Lee Cockrell's old minions NOTHING will change. It HAS to be George AND TDA ppl to do a complete 180.

so, do we think that the one parks attittude, merch, etc will be gone, then? i would like that.

• Inappropriate

I don't fully understand the hierarchy of Disney World, but what exactly will this hopefully come down to? Will George be top dog and able to get this resort back on its feet? Or will the TDO regulars overpower him and nothing will change?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Correct - I wasn't trying to take credit on FB (or twitter)... I merely posted that I was reading rumors of George taking over for Meg. Rumors that started with this 74 guy! (wink)
    and as the telephone chain continued I was simply posting what I saw on facebook and who I saw it from , it was never meant to take away from WDW74. My appologies if it was. It was also all over twitter , hard to track the correct source.
    Happy New Year!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast