Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

How impressive is it when he has turned Disneyland into SouthernCalifornialand? The new promotions - something different every week, a set of glasses a month - are only good for people who actually live in SoCal. Anyone else, like myself, who live out of state, obviously can't go every single week or even every single month. The cost is prohibitive. So he obviously only wants the SoCals there, but not the tourists.....

Anything, or anyone, that gets rid of the wretched "Disney Parks" crap is fine with me. Stop cloning rides all around the world (no pun intended) and bring back each theme park having their own unique identity, a unique feel for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Joannefm2 View Post
    How impressive is it when he has turned Disneyland into SouthernCalifornialand? The new promotions - something different every week, a set of glasses a month - are only good for people who actually live in SoCal. Anyone else, like myself, who live out of state, obviously can't go every single week or even every single month. The cost is prohibitive. So he obviously only wants the SoCals there, but not the tourists.....
    i don't understand how having merchandise promotion for locals all of a sudden makes it a southern californialand.

those are minor things that are added to help things interesting for locals but those not diminish the many changes and additions that they have added and done for anyone that visits the parks.
    i was there this weekend when most annual passes were blocked and the parks were full of tourist and hotels all over the area were completely booked. That alone shows that the parks in Anaheim have received additions that have improved and made the Disneyland resort and top class International place to visit.

the cost might seem extreme but compared to other tourist destination you really do get quite a bit of entertainment for the price. 16 hours of entertainment for the less then 100 dollars when buying a one day pass compared to 100 dollars+ for a musical on broadway or 15 dollar+ for a two to three hour movie. Now that is ridiculously priced

the something different every week has to do with both coasts. It's just that the promotions are going to be different. but that still has to do with the disney parks concept.

• Doombuggy Rider

George K. (DL's president) is rumored to take over for Meg Crofton as head of WDW in 2013. - Source Kevin Yee on Facebook

I would say THANK YOU for answering my wishes! Meg Crofton is the 1st time I ever frowned upon a Female Disney Executive in this decade (she's like a feminine version of Eisner). George K all the way (because you know Universal Studios will snag him if the Walt Disney Co. doesn't pay to keep him & so would you if you were a Theme Park Resort Corporation)!!

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• Resident of the Caldera

Cynthia Harriss was a crap President of Disneyland. CRAP. Child of the boob Paul Pressler.
    Things have moved on a straight upward trend in Anaheim since they were given the boot.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234