Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

George K. (DL's president) is rumored to take over for Meg Crofton as head of WDW in 2013. - Source Kevin Yee on Facebook

What do you all think? Good for Disneyworld, Hopefully someone will come in equally as impressive as George Kalogridis for Disneyland. Last thing we want is Disneyland to regress.
    Last edited by lighttragic; 12-22-2012 at 11:01 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Meg Crofton out as Disneyworld President George K from Disneyland in . 2013

George wants to come back to florida, and Meg has done a horrific job.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Shubisha

Will he be in charge of all Domestic(And paris) parks like meg was, or will he just be WDW?

Since Meg never vacated her WDW spot but was put in charge of it all, George K could just stay in place, take it all, and someone else put focused on WDW.

/Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Will he be in charge of all Domestic(And paris) parks like meg was, or will he just be WDW?

Since Meg never vacated her WDW spot but was put in charge of it all, George K could just stay in place, take it all, and someone else put focused on WDW.

/Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP
    It appears that he will just be WDW President. Meg's current position may be dissolved due to the fact that "One Disney" isn't playing out as expected in Burbank.

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    It appears that he will just be WDW President. Meg's current position may be dissolved due to the fact that "One Disney" isn't playing out as expected in Burbank.
    Not playing out a who expected, because I expected it to fail spectacularly.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Not playing out a who expected, because I expected it to fail spectacularly.
    Yeah, I think most of us were hoping it failed.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Certain Promotions may be fine but the properties as a whole are very different and play to a different fan base. The uniqueness of each resort is important.

I also find it interesting that Kathy Magnum (Carsland Imagineer) is over in florida now and potentially with George K moving over. Who else or what type of things can we see imported from California and for the better.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Mainly I just don't want to see yet another Disneyland President shuffled through for no reason :PP
    Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    I also find it interesting that Kathy Magnum (Carsland Imagineer) is over in florida now and potentially with George K moving over. Who else or what type of things can we see imported from California and for the better.
    Those two things are the catch 22. Do you spread success to the other area, but if you do are you going to take away the success?

DL: If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    WDW: It's broke so fix it.

• Heavy Breather

She needs to go now.

By the way, how long has Meg been President of WDW, and is she aware of the universal hatred towards her?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    By the way, how long has Meg been President of WDW, and is she aware of the universal hatred towards her?
    And I'm sure she cares about that a whole lot. LOL!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Well I home George comes back to Florida, since this is his home! I am sure he can take all the lessons learned from DLR and help his home resort.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    Sorry, folks, but for me the h-word is over the line when applied to individuals. Hating the policies and decisions of Disney management is fair game. Hating the people themselves steps over the line into demonization.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 12-23-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Most of the excitement seems to be the ubiquitous problem amongst Disney fans where they love somebody for not being somebody else. Kalogridid was not Grier (not sure why he was hated except for not posing with fans for pictures) and now he is not Crofton. Just as Iger was not Eisner, despite being his hand picked successor, and Staggs not being Rasulo, despite being his boss all the way back to their days at Strategic Planning. Yes, Disneyland Resort has been cleaner since 2005, but does that negate what is new still not being of the depth that made Disneyland a cultural icon? Or the end of things like the Cast Christmas Party? Or screwing over Club 33 members? Disneyland is in a prettier wrapper than in years past, but I think there are still some serious operational, social and artistic issues.

• Heavy Breather

Maybe I took it a tad too far. It's just the way that people talk about her on this and other forums, I come to the conclusion that many people (not to offend anyone with the "h word") extremely dislike her.

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Senior Minion

^ Apologies, LV, I didn't mean to imply you hate Crofton personally. I agree that among fans her rep as a Disney exec is sub-zero, and with good reason.

I see her less as a cause and more as a symptom -- just another marcher in the Eisner-Iger-Rasulo-Staggs parade of Cheaper Is Better management that continues to plague WDW.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast