Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Carousel of Progress...or Nastiness!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    if COP was here at DLR this discussion would not be happening........
    Well it was, and it was removed.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    if COP was here at DLR this discussion would not be happening........
    The ride wouldn't even be there, it would have been considered too dated and would have been replaced with a Wall-E/Incredibles/Cars/Nemo/Iron Man/Hulk/whatever the hell made a lot of money at the box office ride.

At least both theaters are still spinning.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Well it was, and it was removed.
    Yeah and the way our's looks I think it should be ripped out too, looks absolutely disgusting, and as long as it continues to look that shoddy I won't go on it...it's not even worth the time out of sun, who knows what is living on those seats...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

To me that would be a great job. Pay me $20-25 an hour and I'd spend 10 hour nights cleaning, painting, refurbishing seats, any maintenance that would be needed to keep that ride as nice as it could be. That would be a dream job to me.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    To me that would be a great job. Pay me $20-25 an hour and I'd spend 10 hour nights cleaning, painting, refurbishing seats, any maintenance that would be needed to keep that ride as nice as it could be. That would be a dream job to me.
    Problem is, where would you get the parts?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

The ride overall in 2009 looked fine, the seats were not that dirty nor were things really out of whack.

The ride would be current if they just refurbed it and updated the last scene with some current and some technology that is really futuristic. But the ride needs a sponsor and WDW is known for doing things on the cheap (sadly)

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

I saw it about a month ago, and I did notice that the theater was grubbier than it had been eighteen months previous. Bringing in Stanley Steamer, giving everything a fresh coat of paint, and hanging some new curtains seems like an affordable no-brainer.

I'd love to see them refresh the AA's, but there's a part of me that dreads them doing it for fear they'll rewrite the show to be all "hip and edgy," or try to cut the running time by 10% to push more people through per hour. It's sad that I trust TPTB that little.

• Poor chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    I saw it about a month ago, and I did notice that the theater was grubbier than it had been eighteen months previous. Bringing in Stanley Steamer, giving everything a fresh coat of paint, and hanging some new curtains seems like an affordable no-brainer.

I'd love to see them refresh the AA's, but there's a part of me that dreads them doing it for fear they'll rewrite the show to be all "hip and edgy," or try to cut the running time by 10% to push more people through per hour. It's sad that I trust TPTB that little.
    I think cutting the show time by 10% would jsut be mercy to the riders, not to push any more riders per hour. It's not like any guest EVER walks up to it, sees any sort of line, then says "nah, too long" then walks away. When was the last time anyone saw a theater with more than say 65% of the seats occupied?
    I'm all for nostalgia and a Walt Disney original, however the state this is in is disgraceful and shameful. This past trip was the first time we skipped it, knowing ahead what kind of experience we would get.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    I think cutting the show time by 10% would jsut be mercy to the riders, not to push any more riders per hour.
    It wouldn't be a "mercy" to those of us who enjoy the show!

• Inappropriate

I have a question: Does Disney push this ride at all? I mean, does the general public even know about it? Or do they just happen upon it on their way to Space Mountain?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Poor chicken!

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    It wouldn't be a "mercy" to those of us who enjoy the show!
    Well yes you're absolutely right, even considering the condition the attraction is currently in. Kind of like Splash Mtn, it's in a disgraceful state yet I still find it enjoyable.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Well yes you're absolutely right, even considering the condition the attraction is currently in. Kind of like Splash Mtn, it's in a disgraceful state yet I still find it enjoyable.
    Enjoyable yes, but the way this attraction looks it may have to be cleansed with fire before people are allowed back in...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

• former CM

Maybe George K. will fix it.

Former Disneyland leader Matt O. would have.

Universal's Steve Burke would order a refurb tonight
    if he moved back to Disney from Universal.

The state of this classic attraction is a clear fail by Bob Iger and Thomas Staggs.
    and it's a bit saddening that Staggs will probably become Disney's CEO in two years.

Last edited by jcruise86; 01-03-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Our first trip to Disneyworld was in 1976. You could have eaten off the streets. As the years progressed that no longer became an option. Maybe they think that most people only go a couple of times in their lifetime and they won't notice. Of all the things about Disneyworld the cleanliness struck me the most. The cast members seem to be doing a good job so I wonder if it at the supervisory level where they are lacking. Time to get back to basics and invest some of those millions they take in on what got the place where it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    I have a question: Does Disney push this ride at all? I mean, does the general public even know about it? Or do they just happen upon it on their way to Space Mountain?
    Very important question. I think most tourists don't even see it - it's pushed back in a corner in a very nondescript building - so that right there diminishes it's ride counts. Location, as we know, can mean everything.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast