Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any Tips, Tricks, or General Advice for a Disneylander's First Trip to WDW?

Hello there. I'm Bongo. I am an Annual Passholder at Disneyland Resort and I go almost every other Saturday (Which equates to two trips per month). I am used the smallness and homely-ness of the Disneyland Resort (By that I mean I have some friend Cast Members and I know the rides and park inside out) and I know a lot of tips and tricks on how to maximize my day at both parks in one day, being able to ride as many rides and eat at all restaurants that I please. This summer of 2013, my family is planning on traveling to WDW Resort, which is basically a whole new world for me. I've read some things here and there but not enough to get a big picture on what's going on in the parks and how to get the most out of my day whilst still enjoy myself and not over stressing myself. So does anyone have a few tips for me? Possibly even discuss things in the park? Also note that this thread is being done on the fly. Not all the information needed from me may be posted in this first topic post (Such as my family still deciding on a hotel, whether we want a dining plan or not, what parks we should hit in what day) so if you want/need to know something from me because I didn't bring it up in the initial post, ask and I will try my best to get the answer to it.

I started this in hopes that I will leave a fantastic first impression of the park. All this recent news (Malestorm and Carousel of Progress needed a lot of TLC, Expedition Everest's yeti not moving, New Fantasyland and Test Track, etc.) is making my head spin and I'd just like some help pointing myself in a good direction. Plus with prices being extremely high, even when looking at the cheapest range, I want to get the most bang for my buck, or as the saying goes.

PS: I'm not asking for this specifically, but if someone could give a list of miscellaneous tips and such like here and here, that would be helpful.

And for future use, for anyone that does help me out here, thanks. You've been a really big help indeed.

Total Tender Rides: 20
    Total Lilly Belle Rides: 9
    Total Dapper Days Attended: 2
    Total Mark Twain Wheelhouse Rides: 5

• Disney Cruiser

Rancho Palos Verdes, California, United States

Re: Any Tips, Tricks, or General Advice for a Disneylander's First Trip to WDW?

Don't expect to have all of you favorite rides available in one park. You'll have to visit several different parks to experience everything meaning Star Tours and Fantasmic are in Disney Hollywood Studios instead of Tomorrowland.

IMO, EPCOT is something you'll really want to see as we don't have this type of park here in the west. I've always seen the park from back to front (world showcase first, then future world) as most people stop when they see Spaceship Earth and don't venture any further until they seen everything there first. The crowds were more tolerable for me this way.

Enjoy your time and remember, it's A LOT bigger than Disneyland!

As mentioned, everything is bigger and more spread out. WDW provides free bus service between all of their hotels and the parks. In general, you cannot walk from the hotels to the parks or from park to park (although there are a few exceptions - Contemporary is walking distance to the MK, and a number of hotels are in reasonable walking distance to Epcot and Studios). If traveling by Disney transport, WDW recommends to allow an hour between any two points on property. Renting a car and driving yourself can save some time except at the Magic Kingdom.

Other difference is in my experience things are a bit more regimented in FL vs. CA. For instance, you'll need reservations for pretty much any sit down dining. Characters don't walk around as much - they have designated meet and greet areas.

Attractions are similarly more spread out within the parks, and you'll find in general the queues are longer and more elaborate.

Hope this helps, if you need anything specific just ask.

Matt

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    IMO, EPCOT is something you'll really want to see as we don't have this type of park here in the west. I've always seen the park from back to front (world showcase first, then future world) as most people stop when they see Spaceship Earth and don't venture any further until they seen everything there first. The crowds were more tolerable for me this way.
    A little information related to this.

Future World opens first, and a rope drop forms to the World Showcase. At night Furute World closes and sometimes the World Showcase stays open longer.

Also an important note, Park hours are listed 6 months out, and dining reservations can be made 6 months out, so in short order figure out where you will be each day and where to eat.

One thing your should highly consider is upgrading your DLR AP to a Premier AP the is good in DL and WDW. It's worth the ticket price differnce unless you are going for a day or two.

Also with an AP you get the best rates on Disney hotels at WDW. Better than general discounts. With an AP you get mixed discounts on food, this is because many WDW dining locations aren't owned/operated by Disney but by a vendor. So if you look at the AP discounts it's quite limited. But at WDW you can buy a discount card for dining, and with an AP the card is discounted. It's called the Tables in Wonderland Card, and has more dining discounts.

So in regards to the dining plans, you may not want one with or without an AP. If you have an AP the Tables in Wonderland Card will be a better option for savings. Without and AP the dining plan only says savings upto x amount. To get up to x in savings you have to plan well to eat the more expensive things. Such as having steak instead of pasta, and dinners instead of breakfast. A dining plan doesn't determine where you eat, or get you better seatings or anything like that, it just prepays for your food.

As for where to stay, onsite or offsite. Onsite is expensive, but has great perks. Onsite you can use Disney Magic Express, an airport shuttle. Also your bags can be checked in at the airport and then delivered to your room. You also get access to Extra Magic Hours everday. Onsite there is tranportation from your resorts to the parks and DTD, golfcourses too. If you stay offsite you will have lots of lodging to choose from, motels, hotels, timeshare condos, even rental house, but spend more time and money on a rental car.

In General:
    - How should I tackle going to the parks? If I go stay at the Swan and Dolphin Resort, I know I am in walking distance of both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. I wanted to go clockwise from the Magic Kingdom starting from Magic Kingdom, to EPCOT, then Hollywood Studios, and finally Animal Kingdom.
    - I do believe my family is staying for 7 days. More specifically 8 days 6 nights, but I say 7 because on the first day we arrive in Florida mid-day and on the last day leave mid-day as well. Is it worth it to spend less than half a day at a park? I am sort of used to doing it at Disneyland, but I am not sure how I might do at WDW. Should I just explore Downtown Disney during those half days or possibly try to spend half a day at a park? Or possibly aquaint myself with the hotel's surrounding's?
    - I donít plan on going to the water parks at all. What should I do with those extra two full days I have left over from visiting 4 parks from 6 full days of staying in Florida. I donít think I can do an entire day at Downtown Disney either. Should those days be spent in the WDW parks, or should I try my hand at Universal Studios Orlando? I used to be an Annual Passholder to Universal Studios Hollywood and I can already tell right off the bat the experience will be completely different. A fully functioning studio with a theme park squeezed in vs. a fully functioning theme park with a studio (partially) squeezed in.
    - Anything cotton is not recommended right? I read that cotton socks are not recommended. Does that extend to T-Shirts and other clothing as well? If I do wear a cotton T-Shirt, whatís the best plan of action to use to combat this unfortunate eventÖand pants. Are pants okay to wear in Florida, or are shorts even better? California is hot but dry while Florida is hot but humid. That humidity could collect up in my pants and cause sore serious itchiness.
    - Deep pockets recommended? or some sort of outer bag such as a fanny pack or small backpack better? All I really bring to Disneyland are my phone, wallet, iPod, and ear buds and they all fit inside my pockets. Of course I may need to bring some extra supplies such as water or a small face tower for drying and stuff. Should my family just bring one small backpack for this use and put it on one family member? (There are 3 of us: Mother, Father, Me)
    - When I go to Disneyland, I always like to put my items (phone, wallet, iPod, and ear buds) into sandwich bags (Phone and Wallet in one bag, iPod, ear buds in the other) and put one bag in each of my two pockets. This is to ensure that if I ride a wet ride, such as Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run, my valuables will remain safe in case of stray water. However there was always the problem of it getting a bit too humid in my pockets. Do you think the problem will heighten in Florida? Is it because I wear pants while going to Disneyland? Would the situation change if I wear shorts? I havenít really bothered to check since I never went to Disneyland wearing shorts and I donít plan on going to Disneyland for quite some time right now.
    - Is sun screen absolutely positively super duperly needed? My skin is naturally dark from me standing in the sun for too long. If you were able to ask friends and family, theyíd say I am dark when compared to everyone else. According to this chart my skin tone is somewhere between Bronze and Deep Bronze while the rest of my family and friends range between Golden Bronze and Light Neutral (Depending on race). I have been able to go to Disneyland in the summer just wearing nothing more than my regular walking sneakers, short sleeved Doctor Who cotton T-Shirt (A signature shirt I wear to the park so friends can recognize me from a glance), no hat and no sun screen, and I come home fine and dandy with no sun burns of any sort. Should I still wear sun screen? Because sun screen of any kind makes me feel very uncomfortable. Heck, oils and lotions on my skin make me feel uncomfortable (The only times they feel fine are when I am in a shower because I know they can just wash right off)

Iíll move onto questions I have about the parks soon. Right now itís late where I am and I need some rest.

Hi Bongo! I understand your overwhelmed feeling, but think how fun it will be to explore so many new Disney parks! The size of WDW and the time it takes to travel around will probably be the biggest adjustment for you as a DLR regular. If your family will be staying for at least 4-5 days, I would say if you can help it, do not park-hop for your first 4 days. Dedicate one full day to each park (although taking a break in the middle of the day is usually a good idea -- more on that in a minute). Since all the WDW parks are new to you, there should be plenty to keep you occupied for a full day at each park, and you won't wear yourselves out navigating all over the property. You are probably used to making day-trips from home to DLR, which means that consecutive days of touring parks will be new to you. Take it slow, and remember that you will have the most fun if everyone in your family stays rested!Another major adjustment for a CA native is the FL weather. The extreme humidity really takes a toll on you! I highly recommend getting to the parks when they open, and then heading back to the hotel around 12 or 1pm. Have lunch there, where you won't fight midday restaurant lines. Have a swim and a snooze during the hours when the heat and the lines are unbearable, then head back to the park around 4pm. This works particularly well in the summer when the parks are open later.I have probably given this same exact advice to a lot of people on these boards it is my recipe for WDW success! WDW is a marathon, not a sprint.

I would suggest taking a day for just each park. You don't want to rush trying to go to all the parks in the same day. Also just have alot of fun. I have been there several times and it's amazing. Also it does rain down there but don't worry. It will last a few minutes and then it will be done. And just remember have fun. It's absolutely wonderful there and if I could I would go several times a year. ^.^

I'd recommend sunscreen- it's about more than just preventing sunburn. Sun exposure (even with a tan) can cause skin cancer and the sun is pretty strong in Florida. I understand you don't like them; my husband has the same thing. Hates anything on his skin. But sunscreen is worth it, even a light SPF 15 one.

Take a day for each park, and see which ones you want to go back to for your extra days.

you may not need a pack or bag if you don't normally take a lot of stuff to the park. Stick with your system. I'd dress in lightweight clothes, of whatever version and layers can be your friend. Humidity is high, so things like UnderArmour or the like will be more comfortable. The thing with cotton is that it doesn't wick, and doesn't dry real well.

And enjoy your visit!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
    In General:
    - How should I tackle going to the parks? If I go stay at the Swan and Dolphin Resort, I know I am in walking distance of both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. I wanted to go clockwise from the Magic Kingdom starting from Magic Kingdom, to EPCOT, then Hollywood Studios, and finally Animal Kingdom.
    A. Don't plan to go to the parks in a clockwise order. Go based on crowds, which have to do with EMH. I do suggest for a first visit you start in the MK, if even just for an hour to start by seeing the Castle.
    A. You can walk, there is also a boat to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. you will take buses to the other parks and areas.
    C. The Swan and Dolphin are ok places to stay. You lose perks staying at them because they are not Disney hotels. I sense you did a bunch of research and found strong recommendations for these hotels. Or you are a Starwood member using point to stay. They are not Disney hotels and as such not very disney like. They are like any city in the world hotels. You will need a car or other tranportation to get from the airport to WDW. They are nice hotels, business hotels, but I would not suggest staying at them over Disney hotels. It's like comparing the Disneyland hotel or Grand Californian to the Anaheim Hilton.

If you stay at a Disney Hotel complimentary airport and baggage transport is included.

- I do believe my family is staying for 7 days. More specifically 8 days 6 nights, but I say 7 because on the first day we arrive in Florida mid-day and on the last day leave mid-day as well. Is it worth it to spend less than half a day at a park? I am sort of used to doing it at Disneyland, but I am not sure how I might do at WDW. Should I just explore Downtown Disney during those half days or possibly try to spend half a day at a park? Or possibly aquaint myself with the hotel's surrounding's?
    A. A half day may be worth it, you could go to the park with evening EMH if possible. Or as I suggested go to the MK for a bit.
    B. DTD is ok, but unless you have a car it takes a long time to get there by bus. If you stay at an Epcot Resort you can walk around the Cresent Lake hotels or go into Epcot which is wonderful in the evening.
    C. If you take the Monorail around the Seven Seas Lagoon it's very nice to stop in each resort and look around.

- I don’t plan on going to the water parks at all. What should I do with those extra two full days I have left over from visiting 4 parks from 6 full days of staying in Florida. I don’t think I can do an entire day at Downtown Disney either. Should those days be spent in the WDW parks, or should I try my hand at Universal Studios Orlando? I used to be an Annual Passholder to Universal Studios Hollywood and I can already tell right off the bat the experience will be completely different. A fully functioning studio with a theme park squeezed in vs. a fully functioning theme park with a studio (partially) squeezed in.
    A. You may consider the Water Parks just to looks around real quick or grab a lunch. They are very interesting compared to a Wet and Wild.
    B. I would not plan 1 day per park, so you may want to visit the parks those extra couple days, to see more of a park or do attractions again.
    C. I would try to go to Island of Adventures one day or in a morning. USH is not equal to USO, but the studios are similiar. Go early and strait to the Forbidden Journey it attracts a RSR like rush and quickly builds a line for the rest of the day. The Wizarding World gets very crowded as well by mid morning. Ripsaw Falls is excellent also. Other than that you've done Jurassic Park and the rest of the park is ok .
    D. The Studios is just ok and not as unique when compared to USH. It's also going to be wall to wall construction like DCA was a year and two ago.

- Anything cotton is not recommended right? I read that cotton socks are not recommended. Does that extend to T-Shirts and other clothing as well? If I do wear a cotton T-Shirt, what’s the best plan of action to use to combat this unfortunate event…and pants. Are pants okay to wear in Florida, or are shorts even better? California is hot but dry while Florida is hot but humid. That humidity could collect up in my pants and cause sore serious itchiness.
    A. I think you took someone's extreme point of view too far. You won't die wearing cotton and most people in the state will be wearing cotton too. It is the fabric of our lives.
    B. It will be hot in the summer so I would wear shorts. Some people do wear pants but most wear shorts in the summer.
    C. Also be ready with rain gear, it will rain in the summer, it's hurricane season starting in June. You may not hit a hurrican but daily strong showers are common anyway. Ponchos or rain coats.

- Deep pockets recommended? or some sort of outer bag such as a fanny pack or small backpack better? All I really bring to Disneyland are my phone, wallet, iPod, and ear buds and they all fit inside my pockets. Of course I may need to bring some extra supplies such as water or a small face tower for drying and stuff. Should my family just bring one small backpack for this use and put it on one family member? (There are 3 of us: Mother, Father, Me)
    A. Sure or a bag, whatever you are more compfortable with.
    B. A bag may be handy especially to carry the rain clothing.

- When I go to Disneyland, I always like to put my items (phone, wallet, iPod, and ear buds) into sandwich bags (Phone and Wallet in one bag, iPod, ear buds in the other) and put one bag in each of my two pockets. This is to ensure that if I ride a wet ride, such as Splash Mountain or Grizzly River Run, my valuables will remain safe in case of stray water. However there was always the problem of it getting a bit too humid in my pockets. Do you think the problem will heighten in Florida? Is it because I wear pants while going to Disneyland? Would the situation change if I wear shorts? I haven’t really bothered to check since I never went to Disneyland wearing shorts and I don’t plan on going to Disneyland for quite some time right now.
    A. If you stuff in the bag was moist it means you trapped water in the bag with it. This would not be anymore a problem in Florida.
    B. Shorts may help if it let the bag move looser so it doesn't trap moisture between you and it.

- Is sun screen absolutely positively super duperly needed? My skin is naturally dark from me standing in the sun for too long. If you were able to ask friends and family, they’d say I am dark when compared to everyone else. According to this chart my skin tone is somewhere between Bronze and Deep Bronze while the rest of my family and friends range between Golden Bronze and Light Neutral (Depending on race). I have been able to go to Disneyland in the summer just wearing nothing more than my regular walking sneakers, short sleeved Doctor Who cotton T-Shirt (A signature shirt I wear to the park so friends can recognize me from a glance), no hat and no sun screen, and I come home fine and dandy with no sun burns of any sort. Should I still wear sun screen? Because sun screen of any kind makes me feel very uncomfortable. Heck, oils and lotions on my skin make me feel uncomfortable (The only times they feel fine are when I am in a shower because I know they can just wash right off)
    Alphabassetgrrl is right, wear sunscreen. You may be dark, you may not burn, but you may get skin cancer anyway. Take preventive measures. Wear it in California too.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-02-2013 at 04:57 PM.

• Bearing with the bears

The one thing I can suggest is don't over plan. That's probably the worst thing I ever did when first visiting the parks. I had this whole plan drawn up for where to go at what time, how this was all going to fit into my dining reservations and which rides I was going to run to first. Once I got there I completely forgot about the plan and started running around the park and picked rides as I went near them. If you're a Disneyland regular you won't have any problem navigating the pale The layout of MK and EPCOT are pretty straight forward and DHS and AK are a bit weird at first but it makes sense after a bit of walking around. Also, just because some rides are in bad shape doesn't mean others aren't in great, for example, Big Thunder Mountain is absolutely spectacular (especially at night) ever since it reopened, TT 2.0 is a fantastic ride, ToT at Orlando is much better then the cheapo version Anaheim got and the American Adventure is worth a trip alone. However, avoid Splash Mountain like the plague, the ride is notorious for being in a constant state of disrepair and the Anaheim version doesn't suffer nearly as much as the one down in Orlando does. Seriously, just go about it and take your time, don't rush. I rushed past half of the little details in the parks during my first few visits, that's the worst thing you can do. I skipped watching the little show Fountain of Nation does every 15 minutes during my first visit, next one I stayed after closing (great time to take pictures and get a good view of the park) and my was I impressed. Also, if you can, stay an hour or two after the parks "closing" it's so cool to see EPCOT (try to ride Living with the Land at 9-10PM, I just find the ride so much cooler when the pavilion is empty and the greenhouse is lit up) and MK at night.

So yeah, don't rush, just enjoy.

And apply sunscreen and bring water bottles, the water that comes from the drinking fountains it usually warm.
    Last edited by BandM; 01-02-2013 at 07:18 PM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Here's a tip, only look for what's wrong with WDW and nothing with what's good about it. That'll make your trip and the money you spent that much more AMAZING.

And don't forget to point out what's dirty and needs a new paint job. Take a photo, lots of them.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Here's a tip, only look for what's wrong with WDW and nothing with what's good about it. That'll make your trip and the money you spent that much more AMAZING.

And don't forget to point out what's dirty and needs a new paint job. Take a photo, lots of them.
    Especially if it's a trash bin.

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post

While I realize this contributor is trying to be facetious the sad reality is that it probably won't take this frequent Disneyland visitor terribly long to realize that while 're navigating the WDW parks they will seem to be Disney in concept but not up to the standards of their West Coast cousins.

Thanks for the tips guys. Really appreciate it that you are taking the time to help me out here.
    - I don't plan on planning out my entire day right down to the second. I am just doing a very vauge plan I can follow in my mind. I'll do what I normally do at Disneyland; do things on a whim.
    - We will be taking a bus from the airport to the park. From there I plan on using the transportation provided by WDW. I will use the monorail station at EPCOT for transport to the Magic Kingdom and back again. I've heard The Swan should be within walking distance of both EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. The only times I'll need to use the bus system is when traveling to the Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. I will also be taking a shuttle to Universal Studios Orlando. I'll also be sure to allow an hour of traveling between point A to B on the Disney property. We don't plan on renting out a car or anything.
    - I'll be sure to wear sun screen (Eugh) while visiting WDW. I will try out different sun screens at the Disneyland Resort to find one I am most comfortable with.
    - Nope, sorry PBandJ, my family and I will spend an entire day in the park. We won't leave in the middle to head back to the hotel. However, I will still take your advice and do what I do here in California. Since shaded seating space is normally fought over, especially in the hot seasons, I just like to hitch a ride on the Railroad and rise around until content. No matter how hot the day and which direction the sun is shining, the cool breeze that comes through the huge open areas of the cars feel pleasant. Plus, there is no law as to how long one can stay on the train (Until closing time of course). So I could just grab a drink and just ride my cares away. And once I'm done, the stations are usually located in areas I needed to go anyways. I will also pace myself to keep from wearing out and becoming sore the next morning (Something that happens whenever I go to Disneyland myself)
    - I am sticking to my guns about the items policy. If it can't fit in my pockets or around my wrist or neck, don't bring it. I'll just bring my phone, wallet, and iPod in my pockets (In sandwich bags as usual). Aroung my wrist I always carry a watch (I'll have to remember to readjust it to EST and back to PST when traveling back and forth). Speaking of which, I hope I can find a PC, or at least somewhere that has WiFi (If the hotel has complimentary WiFi). I will have to check the exact time in Orlando, because here in California, I set my watch to the exact second so I don't miss anything.
    - About the above, I may consider a small bag to carry things, such as a water bottle or spare clothing (Mostly socks) and what not. Store it in a locker then if I need it I'll just go get it.

Okay. My folks worked out a sort of basic plan of what to do. First off, my father is not coming, so it just makes just me and my mother. We are staying at the Swan and Dolphin. Our entire time spent in Florida will span from Saturday, June 15 to Monday, June 24.

June 15 - We will arrive in Floriday about mid day and check into the Swan a little later. I don't really mind staying at the Swan. Plus, it was a cheaper option when compared to the other hotels, but at the same time I'll lose some perks. But like I said, I am totally fine with it. From there I am not sure if I should hit the parks because I will have less than half a day to, spend my time in Downtown Disney, or just explore the hotel's grounds.
    June 16 - All day spent in the Magic Kingdom
    June 17 - All day spent in EPCOT
    June 18 - All day spent in Hollywood Studios
    June 19 - All day spent in Animal Kingdom
    June 20 - I will take a shuttle to Universal Studios Orlando and spend my entire day at the park.
    June 21 - Another possible trip to Universal Studios or another Disney park. Do you think 1 day is enough to explore all of Universal, or are two days needed? Or should I spend this day at another Disney park? I mean when we were purchasing tickets for the trip, they only offered a 2 day experience at Universal even though I just wanted to spend 1 day, but the tickets weren't much so I could just forgo those.
    June 22 - Entire day spent at a Disney park. Going to decide at that time.
    June 23 - Entire day spent at a Disney park. Going to decide at that time.
    June 24 - Leaving Florida half way into the day. Unsure if I should spend my time in a park during that time or not.

My mother wants to come with me into the parks from the 16th to the 19th. From there she said she'll find things to do, leaving me alone to do whatever I please within the parks, which means I will be able to take advantage of the Single Riders Program and have command over any actions of spontinuity, which I am used to doing in the Disneyland Resort.

In General:
    - The Disney Premier Annuas Passport...what are the perks? Like, I looked on the website, but it doesn't show the exact numbers. For example, on Disney's website, when I bought my Deluxe Annual Passport, it stated percentages of discount; 10% for both dining and merchandise. For the Premium Annual Passport, I get a 15% discount on dining and 20% on merchandise. Are the rates the same when compared to Premium Annual Passports at Disneyland or are they different?
    - Do I have to make the reservations in advance or can I do it in the park? In Disneyland Resort, if I wanted to eat at Cafe Orleans for dinner (Which I normally do. It's either Cafe Orleans or Carnation Cafe for dinner whenever I go) I can go there during the day and make a reservation. Then I just have to arrive at the same time and state my name. They will then match it up with the time and name stated and then I will be taken to my seat. Is it the same in WDW, or do I have to make reservations online?
    - For any regular members of WDW, can you give me a basic run down of how crowded the parks would be mid June? What about an average queue length/wait time? I ask because in MiceChat's articles on Disneyland saying that the park was really crowded and then showing a picture of a bottleneck happening, it actually doesn't seem that crowded to me. Must be because I am used to Disneyland's crowds. So can someone give me crowd numbers and queue wait times?
    - How long does it rain in Florida? I know it's just short bursts, but I would like to know. And possibly how frequent as well. I have no jackets or coats designed for rain, and the only jacket I have is made for cold dry weather, which means the soft material usually just sucks up any water.
    - How much are lockers? In Disneyland, small lockers are $7 and are the ones I always get since I have no use for bigger ones.
    - Are there any little magical or special things I can do? Like in the Disneyland Resort, Buena Vista Street has newspapers you can pick up, read, and take home (I actually own all volumes so far actually), and Main Street USA has many interactive gadgets, like the penny operated machines at the Penny Arcade, telephone lines you can listen into at the Market House, and the Main Street Cinema that provies air conditioned viewing of old Walt Disney cartoons. Are there things like that anywhere in WDW I can go and see? Little things that when added up can make a trip more special. Little things that most park goers would usually just pass on by without giving a second though to.
    - How bad are the parks? Like in all serious-no-joking-around type. Are the parks as a whole in such bad shape that people need to say that it not only ruins one's day but also decreases the value of a spent ticket at a park?
    - What do you think the recommended base spending numbers should be when visiting each park? It's like when someone goes to a casino they place down a numbers of dollars they stop spending then just leave. For me, I spend $50 - $80 per visit on food (Because I always like to eat at sit down restaurants and what not)
    - (This goes to ALL the WDW parks) Which rides, shows, attractions, and eateries are a hit and miss? Like for example, in Hollywood Studios, the Hollywood Tower Hotel is definitively a hit while the American Idol Experience can constitute as a miss to some (Including me). Another example from me is the Village Haus eatery in the Disneyland Resort. It's a miss in my eyes so you might want to avoid it.

Magic Kingdom:
    - Does the Disneyland Railroad offer any special offers? (Besides that tour you can take of the roundhouse) In Disneyland the Disneyland Railroad offers both Tender Rides (Where one can ride on a specially designed tender for quests to sit in) and trips on the Lilly Belle (Have to reserve a spot early in the day). Or does the Magic Kingdom Railroad just serve it's purpose as a railroad?
    - Are there any major bottlenecks in the park besides Main Street USA? Disneyland has a lot of bottlenecks due to the small and tight space. Major kudos to Adventureland and the area in front of the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, for they are really big bottlenecks due to being the location/passageways of 3 of the most major attractions in the park: Indiana Jones Adventure, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Splash Mountain.
    - Are there really no single rider attractions located in the Magic Kingdom? Disneyland has 3 attractions that feature Single Riders (Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones, and the Matterhorn). True, there are Fast Passes, but at least Single Riders never runs out and is always taken (Which has allowed me to ride the Matterhorn multiple times)
    - Are there any recommended rides I grab Fast Passes for early in the day? Like, from a descending order from greatest to least attractions I need to get fast passes for.
    - Does the Flag Retreat ceremony always begin at 5 PM or is it when the sun starts to set, which depends from day to day?
    - In California, one can ask for a ride in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain Riverboat. Do they offer the same thing on the Rivers of America, or can one only ride along on the bottom sections only?
    - Since Fantasmic is hosted in a different park, do the Rivers of America stay open until closing? or do they close before hand?
    - Is the steam boat the only mode of transportation on the river? Like how in Disneyland there is the Sailing Ship Columbia.
    - I didn't look into it yet, but is Tom Sawyer's Island still Tom Sawyer's Island? Or has it been turned over to Pirates yet?

EPCOT:
    - Is it reccomended to try out every of the themed pavilion's food? If so, do you think anyone can give a rough estimate as to how much one may spend?
    - Does Soarin' really grant to Single Riders? In fact, is it just the same show they sport down here in California?
    - I've heard people say one should go single riders or fast pass on the Test Track due to that interactivity thingy in the queue. Is it really worth the wait or not?
    - How intense is Mission: SPACE? The roughest and most exhilarating ride I have ridden in my so far has been The Mummy in Universal Studios Hollywood or the Hollywood Tower Hotel in Disney's California Adventure, and that isn't quite intense actually. I haven't even ridden California Screamin in DCA yet. I've been sort of a wuss to anything too intense, so I am just wondering how rough the ride will be on one's body.

Hollywood Studios:
    - Your opinions on the Studio Backlot Tour? After multiple times riding the one in Universal Studios Hollywood, I am not sure how this one may hold up.

Animal Kingdom:
    - Is Rafiki's Planet Watch really only accessible by that Express Train?

I would ask more questions about the latter two parks, but they seem pretty straight foward to me (Plus any questions I had were asked in the above). Once again, thanks for taking the time to help me out here guys! Really greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• Bearing with the bears

June 19 - All day spent in Animal Kingdom
    You'll get bored, it's a zoo with a nice theme and a few rides, you'll probably spend half a day there. Plan on going to either EPCOT, MK or DHS to fill in time if need be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast