West coast/pacific northwest dvc owners

Just wondering how many of you west coast/PNW micechatters are dvc owners. Dh and I are considering buying. We would go every other year and need a 2 br (5 kids). Airline fare is not cheap, just trying to get some feedback as to if you think it is worth it, have you used it as much as you thought you would or did you end up renting out your points, etc. Now that I don't live in So Cal, I would rather spend the airfare money on tickets to WDW and just drive back home to So Cal to visit family and DL instead of flying.
    Thanks in advance,
    hayesmama

Re: West coast/pacific northwest dvc owners

As a SoCal native, I am definitely planning to purchase within the next year. Distance from FL has no bearing on my decision, plus you can trade your off years for other resorts closer to home (or bank them for WDW) so I definitely say go for it!

Re: West coast/pacific northwest dvc owners

Thanks SpectroMan!
    I just guess I am a little nervous about the whole thing. I can see years and years of memories with my family, a place for me and my hubby to escape to when the kids are grown, a chance to use the points, as you said, to go to other places. I like the idea of buying now and when years pass and natural inflation hits, I don't have to pay 600 a night for a room, kwim? Something fun to do and own in retirement that doesn't stretch the fixed budget too much. Anyhow, good luck with your purchase and let me be the first to tell you "Welcome Home" as they say.