Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    while i do like the idea of opening up that land, i don't think what as put there is the best idea. first i think bringing radiator springs racers over is fine and really fleshes out the whole Pixar Studios area better with a true e ticket attraction, however bringing over the entire carsland would be a huge mistake. you would be taking thunder away from DCA, its redundant and unoriginal, and just plain rediculous considering you have a pixar land directly beside the new proposed land about a pixar movie (just hating disney's idea and rumors not your concept in particular). as for star wars land, i agree that a major expansion of DHS has to include this but it needs to be connected physically to star tours somehow, it cant be in two separate parts. if you demoed the backlot express QS, this would be a pretty easy task. in place of some of the extra space you have left over in that huge expansion pad i would also/instead expand the muppets into a full land, demo the current backlot tour allowing RSR to move slightly forward and expand Pixar place by bringing over laugh floor and building the door coaster and a new, better pizza planet or ratatouille restaurant, and then make a sort of backlot land in the furthest back part of the expansion pad with a new, much improved backlot tour just to name a few things.

  2. #17

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by wdwmarc182 View Post
    Thanks! I definitely agree. DHS needs some love and I think we should see attractions/lands based on either SW or CL by late 2015/2016. We will hopefully at least get some announcements about that sometime this year and as well as some sort of details on Avatarland.
    Pay attention when news comes out in August at D23 Expo. I'm hoping we get big news about the parks then.

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    bringing over the entire carsland would be a huge mistake. you would be taking thunder away from DCA, its redundant and unoriginal, and just plain rediculous considering you have a pixar land directly beside the new proposed land about a pixar movie .
    I can see it that way.
    A. Bringing in great themed lands would kind of make the original park, a bunch of big box buildings seem crappy.
    B. While a duplicate of CL may seem a rip off, it didn't hurt DL when the MK was built. However what I would like isn't a carbon copy of the Land. CL in DCA is between Cars 1 and 2. I'd like one closer to 2, or even totally different than 1 and stuff from the second movie. For exampl the Team RustEeeze building, or expanded and reopened businesses of Radiator Springs.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I can see it that way.
    A. Bringing in great themed lands would kind of make the original park, a bunch of big box buildings seem crappy.
    B. While a duplicate of CL may seem a rip off, it didn't hurt DL when the MK was built. However what I would like isn't a carbon copy of the Land. CL in DCA is between Cars 1 and 2. I'd like one closer to 2, or even totally different than 1 and stuff from the second movie. For exampl the Team RustEeeze building, or expanded and reopened businesses of Radiator Springs.
    this still ignores the fact that your building a land about a pixar movie directly neighboring a land that is supposedly the studio or area for the pixar movies. for that reason alone it would be a terrible idea to create the land however the addition of the one attraction would be the perfect fit.

  4. #19

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,430

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    this still ignores the fact that your building a land about a pixar movie directly neighboring a land that is supposedly the studio or area for the pixar movies. for that reason alone it would be a terrible idea to create the land however the addition of the one attraction would be the perfect fit.
    Who says they have to be directly neighbors? Just because land are next to each other, thier own themeing does not have to come into direct contact.

    They could put a long buffer between them, like a bend in the road that you can't see behind and tall trees or walls to disrupt the sight lines. Disney already does these things, they can probably do it again.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Who says they have to be directly neighbors? Just because land are next to each other, thier own themeing does not have to come into direct contact.

    They could put a long buffer between them, like a bend in the road that you can't see behind and tall trees or walls to disrupt the sight lines. Disney already does these things, they can probably do it again.
    with the proposed plan they essentially would be already, no "bend in the road" would resolve that. just the fact that two separate lands like that being in the same park is rediculous, i think separating them might even make it worse. the fact is you have a pixar land in the park, when you create a pixar land thats where the pixar stuff goes lol not a hard concept but i guess the suits don't understand that. you gotta love too how toy story, the best pixar series of them all is included in the pixar studio yet cars, one of the more mediocre pixar films receives the credit to obtain its own land.

  6. #21

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Pay attention when news comes out in August at D23 Expo. I'm hoping we get big news about the parks then.
    Very much agree. If Disney is going to announce something big it is going to do it at a big event like D23. Hopefully we get some good stuff then!

  7. #22

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    62

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    What my problem is that many complain on how DHS is a jumbled mess and that is all I see with this is an even larger mess

  8. #23

    • Team Hail HYDRA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    2741 Buena Vista St.
    Posts
    1,238

    Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

    on a side note
    maybe they can re-due dinosaur to fit the theme of the good dinosaur film from pixar in 2014...

    Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 'Night of Joy' Moving To Hollywood Studios
    By tjcjr in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 10:45 AM
  2. Disney-MGM Studios Name Change To Disney's Hollywood Studios
    By granka in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 09:07 AM
  3. Hollywood Studios NEEDS Armageddon!!!
    By DL_CRAZE in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 05:03 PM
  4. What Is up With Hollywood Studios?
    By llama5492 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 04:20 PM
  5. Hollywood Studios?
    By nsxdrift_89 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2005, 08:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •