Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Hollywood Studios Expansion

Hi all,

While a lot of rumors have been happening about Cars Land coming to florida, i personally dont think it should be copied. However as i know, and most of you do as well, disney will probably do it, i think the following would be great.

First, move the main entrance for the carpark from where it is now to the below options.

Name:  new road in.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  127.7 KB

Moving the car park entrance will open up the space towards osceola parkway.

like so....
    Name:  blank space.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  82.3 KB

Then i propose they split the space like this.
    Name:  lands.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  90.3 KB

For Cars Land, the ideal thing would be to build the mountain range at the back of the space near the on and off ramps, closing it in on boths sides would make it look really cool. As for the rest of it, moving things about is just needed.

Star Wars Land, or whatever you would call it, thats where the fun would happen.

First you would have two ways of getting into the land, first a foot bridge, standard really. The second option, and i think cooler, would be a peoplemover system, with the cars themed like ships from the universe. You get on board and go through some coridors with stars and planets through out them. All the usual space stuff. And bam you are there.

Once you arrive into the land, you are presented with a square of coruscant.

The 3 big buildings that you would see would be the Jedi Temple, the Senate building and mass of shops and foods places.

Jedi Temple.
    This would house two different attractions. The first would be the Jedi Training Academy. Moving that inside, would allow for more people to see it, sit down and get out of the heat. It would also allow for more interaction with the cast of the show.

Second would be a walk through experience of the Jedi Temple, you can see where they would meditate, learn how to use a lightsaber, see the Jedi Archives. With your final piece an interaction with Yoda himself, using the same tech as turtle talk with crush, or Stitch encounter from Hong Kong.

The Senate
    In here you would get a chance to eat at a restaurant, themed to star wars with it overlooking the imperial senate floor. Also in here is where you could get meet and greets done with the cast of star wars.

The Arcade
    So the final part of this square is shopping arcade. Here would be able to eat at the dinner from episode 2. Shop at the Hutt Market Place and various other shops.

Now if you walk behind the Jedi Temple, you would walk into Tattooine. Here would be a pod racer rollercoaster, some traditional tattooine food and finally a Jawa Sandcrawler, which would be a play area for kids, who would be the right hieght for Jawa's.

Pod Racer Rollercoaster
    This ride would have twin tracks, with people boarding a select car and then racing around the track, just like dueling dragons used to do at IOA. The queue would be themed just like Mos Esly, and have you going in and out of shops, houses and finally the pits for the racers. You board and take off, with the ride ending and taking you out through a cantina.

Jawa Playhouse
    Just a simple play space, slides, bouncy pads and other things kids love to play on.

Thats just my thoughts on what they could do, so what do you think. If they were smart and did not fill in that space to the right of SWL, they could build a hoth expansion in a few years of opening.

also please forgive my ****ty mspaint skills.

Re: Hollywood Studios Expansion

Sounds ok, but id expect more attractions, and the racing cars are going to be in carsland, so why not an attraction where you fight the Dark Side, in a dark ride. How about something that only the imagineers could dream up( or Renderman7...lol). It would be nice for them to think of the impossible, then do it !!

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    Sounds ok, but id expect more attractions, and the racing cars are going to be in carsland, so why not an attraction where you fight the Dark Side, in a dark ride. How about something that only the imagineers could dream up( or Renderman7...lol). It would be nice for them to think of the impossible, then do it !!
    well now you mention dark rides, i have had a thought.

A dark ride where you are helping Han and Chewie smuggle goods, when suddenly you have to escape from an imperial raid. you avoid the ships, snake down to a planet surface, dodge some more bad guys before dumping the cargo and making a break for it. You end with your faces on wanted posters next to han and chewie, with a bounty offered by Jabba. You could call it the Kessel Run, and it would be just like Peter Pan, track above, but with more swinging, not extreme but enough to give the feeling of tight turns.

For the pod racing, it was just the idea that as pod racers, it would give you a chance to get out onto the planet surface and all that. I understand RSR would be next to it, but i think they would both work.

See, i knew you already gave this some thought.....lol....great idea !!

• Disneyland Original '55

That's a lot of land maybe they can fit in a few more attractions to carsland or maybe an expansion of Pixar place leading to cars land, like monsters inc. door roller coaster. They could also expand the parade route, and could possibly bring a full parade to match those of Disneyland and magic kingdom. It's a great idea.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

Quote Originally Posted by redrhino54 View Post
    See, i knew you already gave this some thought.....lol....great idea !!
    Actually, I wrote that on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolwowzer View Post
    That's a lot of land maybe they can fit in a few more attractions to carsland or maybe an expansion of Pixar place leading to cars land, like monsters inc. door roller coaster. They could also expand the parade route, and could possibly bring a full parade to match those of Disneyland and magic kingdom. It's a great idea.
    while that is a lot of land, if they build RSR, the show building for it is massive. Not to mention all the support and maintenance areas they would need.

• Inappropriate

You just moved a road and nearly doubled the potential size of the park and used half of that space for a Star Wars land......

You're hired. When can you start?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    You just moved a road and nearly doubled the potential size of the park and used half of that space for a Star Wars land......

You're hired. When can you start?
    whenever disney want to hire me. lol.

Whilst there would be a lot more that could be done with the space, they just need to move the main road into the car park. Or at least lower it.

• Under that tree again!

Two problems.

One is easy to solve. DHS can overflow its parking lot already. So it would need a more sizable lot.

Second is a big problem. The removed road, and new access roads, don't make up for each other. You take away access from a main road and put it on the side road. Now the side road is too small. Also it may put undesireable traffic on the smaller road, not just too much for the roadway, but too much for the driveways and intersections on that road.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Two problems.

One is easy to solve. DHS can overflow its parking lot already. So it would need a more sizable lot.

Second is a big problem. The removed road, and new access roads, don't make up for each other. You take away access from a main road and put it on the side road. Now the side road is too small. Also it may put undesireable traffic on the smaller road, not just too much for the roadway, but too much for the driveways and intersections on that road.
    thats why i think lowering the existing road would work better than adding another one.

All the extra space can go to parking, but i would not take it from the expansion space. use the back part of the existing lot.

Sounds like a plan to me

Looks like a good idea! Unfortunately we probably wouldn't see this for at least 10 years.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwmarc182 View Post
    Looks like a good idea! Unfortunately we probably wouldn't see this for at least 10 years.
    Welcome to MC. While it may not be Carsland, or Star Wars, DHS should be next in line for an expansion since AK is getting Avatarland and Epcot and MK are much bigger already, attractions, attendance or revenue wise.

Quote Originally Posted by renderman7 View Post
    thats why i think lowering the existing road would work better than adding another one.
    I think what you would do is make the road or pathways bridge over or tunnel under each other. Theme the corridor with plants, stores or landscaping so you don't know you are going over/under the road, just transitioning into the lands.

A good transition would be important, because DHS is really a hodpodge and a single themed land can be deeply imersive. Carsland in DCA is exceptional, the new Fantasyland is very good. We shouldn't hope for less.

I would lay out the lands a bit different.

Between the two I would put a red, two sided mountain range. RSR on one side, Podracers on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Welcome to MC. While it may not be Carsland, or Star Wars, DHS should be next in line for an expansion since AK is getting Avatarland and Epcot and MK are much bigger already, attractions, attendance or revenue wise.
    Thanks! I definitely agree. DHS needs some love and I think we should see attractions/lands based on either SW or CL by late 2015/2016. We will hopefully at least get some announcements about that sometime this year and as well as some sort of details on Avatarland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast