Fastpass+ vs Ticket books.

I don't ever recall reading this anywhere but crossed my mind the other day.

Does Fastpass+ or at least what we know about FP+ remind anyone of the old ticket books from the 70s? Although I have never used either it strikes me as being the same kind of concept. Certain number of passes or tickets per level of attraction.

Obviously now if you run out of FP+ you can still ride every other ride as much as you would like.

Re: Fastpass+ vs Ticket books.

Funny you ask that question. As I was preparing my latest podcast, I was reading over all the promotional materials and some relevant posts from various sources. And the more I read, the more I thought this sounded an awful lot like the old days of Disney with the ticket books - well, sort of anyway.

The magic band contains all the "tickets" - so you have a park entrance ticket, and then start with a B, C, and E ticket. You can "purchase" (through the online site or kiosk) A D ticket or additional B,C, or Es. And the purchase isn't a dollar transaction, but rather an exchange of information of sorts.

BTW, I would argue there aren't really any "A" ticket attractions left, except for the trolley on Main Street.

Now as for the sort of in the first line. I feel like the 21st century has brought about a change in the privacy aspect - with the old ticket books, there was no exchange of information to purchase them, and you were anonymous. And of course everyone was on equal footing - there were not deluxe vs moderate hotels, no fast pass, etc.

Good or bad? Who can say for sure.
    Visit us on the web http://disneypodcast.net

Dave's Disney View Podcast RSS Feed, and on iTunes