Thread: DINOSAUR! Redo

• Musical Fireman

DINOSAUR! Redo

There were a few ideas before so I decided to take a swing. I think Disney does the best environment's when it's set in the past, so when you enter DINOland the area will be themed to the "DINO Institutes Open House, 1962." The buildings will take on a older brick style facades and the area music will be a string of 1960's songs with appropriate announcements like the institute had it's own radio. The main building will have been completely redone to reflect the Space Age style architecture, the exhibition space will be updated also but still presented in a period style.

The queue will take you through the class rooms and laboratories of the institute showing the advancement of the "CTX Time Laser." You will be ushered into a meeting room with a old tv monitor with a Walter Cronkite esk host. He will set the scene welcoming you to as "families of the students" and allowing you to be the first to travel back in time through the laser. It will then switch to a young student who similar to the current guy will reset the time circuits. The start will have you be in the center of the huge laser in a huge sterile lab, like Indiana Jones Adventure you will be focused on the laser and you won't see the opening rotate into the following ride path. Story follows you on a mission to rescue a stranded researcher just as the meteor shows strikes. Old effects will be brought back like the physical meteor just before your time runs out and you are teleported back to the lab.

There would also be streetmosphere playing the roles of students and teachers, doing shows that keep up with the latest dinosaur facts and other little skits. For all you know they might pick you to be the visiting relative of them?

See ya walking right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Banned User

Re: DINOSAUR! Redo

Like it, but what about Chester and Hester? I like DINOland USA, and that includes DINORAMA! I mean I know I'm in a minority here. But you dont want to bulldoze it right? Am I right.

• Musical Fireman

Ya know I completely forgot about the DINORAMA! :0 I really have no idea how to work it out now! Maybe weave it into the storyline, Chester and Hester are the class goof offs and who are in charge of making a small diversion during the open house? Make the area more realistic and more sound and not like some cheap roadside attraction. They set up a small fair like atmosphere and the students loved to hang out there, so they retooled it into their own hang out.

I really don't like the area, but my idea was really for the main area around the attraction. Maybe I can come up with something for the DINORAMA later.

See ya walking right down the middle of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Bearing with the bears

I like the idea however I don't think bringing back the effects that were shut off after a few months of operation makes sense. I'd overall all of the effects and find a more cost effective way to design them and make them as reliable as possible so even if maintenance gets lazy the ride won't become a joke like the original.