• bookwormgirl

Question Honeymoon at disneyworld

would a 5 day honeymoon at walt disney world be worth the price tag? it would be in 2014 but it would be nice to know has anyone else here had their honeymoon at walt disney world?

• Under that tree again!

Re: Honeymoon at disneyworld

Today, there were hundreds of couples at WDW for thier honeymoon. If you both enjoy the parks it's ideal. If you both enjoy resorts with lots of things to do, it's ideal. If you want seclusion, it's not the place.

One thing that is nice is you can preplan it nearly completely, then just cruise through it. Check your bags get on the plane. Get off, get on Magic Express. Get off at your resort, pick up your key. Walk around the next few days going about your business, using your key to pay for meals and souvenires and more. Pack your bags, get back on Magic Express. Fly home and pick your bags off the carousel.
    Last edited by swampymarsh; 01-06-2013 at 08:32 PM.

• Inappropriate

Oh! Oh! I honeymooned in Disney World in 2007. It was awesome! Like Swampy said, if you plan it right, there's not many things you have to worry about. And you can can do some of the many activities outside the parks. We went parasailing. I would highly recommend.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Oh! Oh! I honeymooned in Disney World in 2007. It was awesome! Like Swampy said, if you plan it right, there's not many things you have to worry about. And you can can do some of the many activities outside the parks. We went parasailing. I would highly recommend.
    Yeah if you rent a car there are lots of natural areas in Florida to visit too, like famous beaches, spings, gator experiences and more. Also while it can increase the cost a lot, taking a 3 day cruise to Nassua and Castaway Cay can be the way to add a lot of relaxing time to the Honeymoon.

And since cruises are popular honeymoon events it could be a way to diversify the experience for your partners sake.

•   
    • Banned User

My friend and his wife just got back last night from a one week honeymoon at the resort, visiting every park and staying in the Contemporary hotel. I heard from him almost daily about what a great time they had. He kept telling me that if you wear those bride and groom ears you end up with occasional little perks from the CMs and even other park goers seem to cut you a little more slack. It sounded like they had a better time on honeymoon than they would just going on a regular occasion.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

One activity my buddy and his wife seemed to enjoy together was a couple's massage..he raved so much my fiancee and I are going to try it out ourselves this quick two nighter that we're going on...

He also said it was nice just plotting everything in advance to have a rough skeleton of stuff they wanted to do, and just whirling through the whole thing...they went on their honeymoon in 2010 and every now and again I still catch him talking about the good time they had...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

My girlfriend and I travel a lot, and we go to a lot of honeymoon destinations. Last year we went to Kauai, and I hiked the Inca Trail in Peru. This year we're going to Europe, and we're backpacking in the Grand Canyon earlier this year. I'll probably return to Europe and do some hiking in the mountains. And in 2014 we're going to the Galapagos Islands. I think I might talk her into hiking the Camino in Spain with me too, but I doubt she'll backpack the John Muir Trail with me. And those are trips just over the next couple of years, and we're not even married yet.

I hope this is giving you some ideas. There's a lot to do out there. One of my friends went on an African Safari for their honeymoon. Another one of my friends did a Rim-to-Rim-to-Rim hike of the Grand Canyon the day after their wedding.

So for WDW, what makes the place special for you? How can you enrich what makes it special?

I think the big questions you have to ask yourself is what type of honeymoon you want to have and what will make it special. Depending how you respond, there are many different approaches to going to WDW. Do you want a relaxing vacation? Are you good with being surrounded by kids that go into breakdown mode in the afternoon? Do you want a non-stop vacation? What types of meals do you want? What amenities do you want in your resort? What do you consider romantic? Do you want to rough it? How nice does the bed have to be?

• Mmmm...

My husband and I honeymooned there in 2006. We had an amazing time--well worth the money. We aren't really "sit on a tropical beach and do nothing" people, so it was perfect for us. Some people actually critizied us for the choice to go there, saying we were wasting money because we'd never actually make it to the parks. We were out the door every morning of our vacation by 9 am!

We were able to go in mid-January, so it wasn't too crowded. Since we stayed on-site with the dining plan, it was very easy. I made all our dining reservations ahead of time, and we didn't have to think about much once we got there. My husband isn't a huge Disney fanatic, but he knew it would be my dream to go there--he had a great time and still talks about the food.

The best part is that everytime we visit, it is now a second honeymoon! We are traveling to Orlando this summer for a board gaming convention and we are going to spend a few days at the parks. It adds a little extra romance to the parks when you have those memories to share.
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

• Banned User

You have to overplan a Honeymoon. Sorry, that's the only way you can possibly enjoy it since the couple will not be able to tolerate it if the wait for lunch or dinner or attractions are impossibly long. Take full advantage of reservations, fast pass, and transportation. Try to get a room close to the action (right next door to the favored park). Get the biggest room possible.

Having been there before with my significant other, it turned out to be a nightmare. Not everyone enjoys a theme park vacation. Beware and moderate expectations.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    You have to overplan a Honeymoon. Sorry, that's the only way you can possibly enjoy it since the couple will not be able to tolerate it if the wait for lunch or dinner or attractions are impossibly long. Take full advantage of reservations, fast pass, and transportation. Try to get a room close to the action (right next door to the favored park). Get the biggest room possible.

Having been there before with my significant other, it turned out to be a nightmare. Not everyone enjoys a theme park vacation. Beware and moderate expectations.
    On the contrary, I honeymooned there the week after Thanksgiving and we pre-planned nothing. In lieu of pre-planning, try to pick a time when the park will be slow. The week after Thanksgiving was pretty much dead. The only detail we knew for sure going into it was we wanted to spend one full day at each park. We didn't even decide which order until after we arrived. The lack of crowds makes it so enjoyable to just walk around and do what your heart desires. We caught every show we wanted to see, mostly by being at the right place at the right time. Lines for rides and food were minimal to non-existent. One thing I have to recommend is renting a car if you are staying on property but like the flexibility to do things, on and off property, at your leisure. If you book through AAA you even get preferred parking, and parking is also free for resort guests. I found a week rental for a very reasonable price. It allowed us to shop for snacks off property for our hotel, and easily visit Universal (Harry Potter was a WALK-ON!), among other things.

We also didn't overspend. We didn't feel the need to do a deluxe hotel. I ordered a cake to be in our room to surprised the wife. The buttons were fun. Staff everywhere was lovely. I definitely recommend a WDW honeymoon, especially during slower periods and if you both like Disney! It was also our first WDW trip ever, so that added to the magic

• formerly very helpful

We honeymooned in Walt Disney World in 1996, and we're still married. Coinicidence?
    Seriously, we had a blast. The only thing I would change about your plans is if you can afford it, spend more time there!
    But if you both love Disney, there's no better honeymoon destination.