Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Mymagic+ is here!

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    WDW is on the road to 1984.
    I missed the part of the article where it said Disney would be monitoring guests' emotions and trying to control them, then preventing them from writing, feeling, or thinking freely...

• Munchings & Crunchings

I don't mind the concept so much, but I do mind having to plan everything so far in advance. The days of a spontaneous trip to the parks is really gone. Sure, you would have to book flights, hotels, and get park tickets in decades prior, but now, you have to have an in-park itinerary basically for each day you're there. Down to when and where you're going to eat...before you're even there. What happens if, on that day, you're REALLY not in the mood to eat at the place you chose 6 months ago?

The RFID thing is pretty cool, actually, and could speed up times, because you just wave your hand at the post. No fumbling for paper fastpasses, or tickets. Just wave and go. Same with paying for things, if you so choose. That part of the technology I don't mind at all. Even the monitoring of what you do, where you go, and what you like, don't really bother me. It's not like they are truly invading your privacy. Now, if they start spamming you with ads and things you really DON'T want, then that's a problem. They'll have to find a careful balance where people don't feel like they are being pushed.

Again, it's the micro-managing and advance planning that will be truly annoying to me.

I like not planning, making it a bit of an adventure and exploring.

They wouldn't be spending the money on it unless they thought it would add to the bottom line.

• Inappropriate

What I'm most excited for is the awkward tan line on the wrist. After your WDW vacation, you'll be sitting at Orlando International waiting for your flight, when you glance across the way and see a man sitting there with his family, with a white stripe around his wrist. You'll lock eyes and give each other a knowing nod like you're in some sort of secret club now. Should be great.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    WDW is on the road to 1984.
    I missed the part of the article where it said Disney would be monitoring guests' emotions and trying to control them, then preventing them from writing, feeling, or thinking freely...
    Perhaps you haven't studied Disney's marketing techniques aimed at children, or read this article, or talked to those who have tried to freely write what they feel and think about Disney on internet forums that Disney owns and controls.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12