Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mymagic+ is here!

Last December 16th, DbM was the first to report on the new Disney.com disclosure statement that introduces the public to Disney’s new FastPass+ (you can read that story: HERE). Now it’s official, MyMagic+ will allow Disney for the first time to track guest behavior in minute detail. MyMagic+ will allow users of a new Disney Web site and app called “My Disney Experience” to pre-select three FastPasses before they leave home for rides, or V.I.P. seating for parades, fireworks, and character meet-and-greets. Walt Disney World guests can also pre-register for RFID bracelets. These MagicBands will function as room key, park ticket, FastPass and credit card. MagicBands can also be encoded with personal data, allowing for more “personalized’ interaction with Disney cast members. (more on site: http://www.disneybymark.com/2013/01/07/mymagic-here/ )

Name:  DbMwristband01-400.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  46.1 KB

• Disneyland Original '55

Re: Mymagic+ is here!

DO we get to keep the MagicBands after our visit? That is the one question i must ask.
    Enter into new Frontiers of Fantasy....... Today.......... Tomorrow.................Forever.........

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

yes you do. It is like regular ticket media.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Closed Account

Where does the line start for the Hogwarts Express and Borgin and Burkes?

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

seems too much like big brother to me still...but I can see how some may like and enjoy this system...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    seems too much like big brother to me still...but I can see how some may like and enjoy this system...
    So you're complaining about Big Brother. In an amusement park. That's already far into Big Brother territory. Apart from the fact that there's cameras everywhere monitoring your every move, your entrances into the park are all recorded, and tied to your name, and depending on how you booked your ticket, other personal information. All FastPasses you get are tracked, and once again, linked to your ticket (and by extension your personal information). If you stay at a resort hotel, even more information is linked to your ticket, regarding your stay.

This is consolidating that information into one wristband, and making it a bit more explicit that everything is linked together.

• Team Hail HYDRA

i wonder what us APs will get out of this...........

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Seasick

Kevin Yee suggested on Facebook that passholders would be able to choose MM+ or keeping the option to collect Fastpasses day of. Don't know if that's just rumour at this point.

I'm still undecided on this. I don't mind some pre-planning before I leave home, but how much is too much? I usually know in advance which park I'll be at on any given day during a trip, by virtue of having to book dining in advance, so this might not be too much of a hassle.

I can see it being effective in the smaller parks such as Animal Kingdom, where planning a day in advance is a little easier compared to Epcot or MK.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Kevin Yee suggested on Facebook that passholders would be able to choose MM+ or keeping the option to collect Fastpasses day of. Don't know if that's just rumour at this point.

I'm still undecided on this. I don't mind some pre-planning before I leave home, but how much is too much? I usually know in advance which park I'll be at on any given day during a trip, by virtue of having to book dining in advance, so this might not be too much of a hassle.

I can see it being effective in the smaller parks such as Animal Kingdom, where planning a day in advance is a little easier compared to Epcot or MK.
    Now as a local, if I could for instance snag a FP for when I know i will be in the park after work mid day at my desk.... I think I will like this system.

• Member of Baxter's Army

WDW is on the road to 1984.

•   
    • Minion

I think it's a neat idea and can't wait to see how it plays out. I know a lot of people who are excited about this because they enjoy planning out there days and it will help them. For anyone worried about them watching you they already are everytime you enter the gate, buy something etc.

• Closed Account

Kevin's info is outdated since FP, as we have known it since '99, will be going to Yesterland. Paper tix, machines, EVRYTHING. There will be NO "opt out". Disney had to say something to save face right??

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisvlad View Post
    So you're complaining about Big Brother. In an amusement park. That's already far into Big Brother territory. Apart from the fact that there's cameras everywhere monitoring your every move, your entrances into the park are all recorded, and tied to your name, and depending on how you booked your ticket, other personal information. All FastPasses you get are tracked, and once again, linked to your ticket (and by extension your personal information). If you stay at a resort hotel, even more information is linked to your ticket, regarding your stay.

This is consolidating that information into one wristband, and making it a bit more explicit that everything is linked together.
    what I meant that my comment is that it is in your face that Disney is pretty much controlling your movements, but hey to each his own, I understand everything is recorded and monitored at the theme parks...this just has a in your face type of appearance to me
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I think there are some positives and negatives. I'm keeping an open mind because Disney is at least trying to be innovative with the theme parks again. That is a good thing. Lets see how it pans out.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I think there are some positives and negatives. I'm keeping an open mind because Disney is at least trying to be innovative with the theme parks again. That is a good thing. Lets see how it pans out.
    I agree with the "see how it pans out" however the end result might be me never wanting to go lol

But anything they have sunk over a billion dollars in deserves to be given a fair shake.

Heck I don't know if anyone here remembers when Disney started using Biometrics with the tickets how up in arms people were over privacy, and how people said it would add HOURS to the turnstiles.

Well it all came and went, and overall the impact has been pretty minimal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast