Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

Sorry, dude, not a lot of sympathy here, either. You know you're not supposed to go backstage, you go backstage, and you're surprised Disney is upset about it?
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It says it in the third paragraph from the bottom:
    He did say it. It's in his Youtube video.
    He was referring to the fact that he didn't know Disney would ban him and not tell him that what he was doing was wrong before doing so. I guess he thought they would give him a cease and desist beforehand.

Adam the Woo is a very nice dude. He loved the company more than anything. judging from his latest video, he was pretty upset about it. I'm really sure he knew that this was a very big possibility and, surprisingly, he has no hard feelings towards Disney for doing what they did.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Adam the Woo is a very nice dude. He loved the company more than anything. judging from his latest video, he was pretty upset about it. I'm really sure he knew that this was a very big possibility and, surprisingly, he has no hard feelings towards Disney for doing what they did.

I agree. I am kind of shocked too though that you would have thought that Disney would have given some sort of warning before just banning him. I mean yeah ok maybe what he did was wrong but lesson learned. There are tons of people who have done worse and not gotten banned. I hope in the future that they un-ban him at some point. They did take his fingerprint so I guess that is how they register if he tries to make it into the parks through the gate.

• Pilot EdForceOne

its funny he makes a plea to get rid of the BAH in his video explaining the day he got stopped. He's great
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

no sympathy for him. Ever. But don't worry, he'll find a way into the parks. And then he'll post it on YouTube. He's now being challenged and he'll get in. Disney can't stop him. He'll find a way in.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Sultan of Swing

I don't think he is looking for or wanting sympathy. He made jokes in his recent video and it seemed that he got choked up on words I thought he was going to cry then again he was wearing shades. Anyways he stated that he has no hard feelings towards Disney and even showed pictures of the room he was in on the Blog. I do love how he said "Had better times" though.
    Always read the fine print.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    I agree. I am kind of shocked too though that you would have thought that Disney would have given some sort of warning before just banning him. I mean yeah ok maybe what he did was wrong but lesson learned. There are tons of people who have done worse and not gotten banned. I hope in the future that they un-ban him at some point. They did take his fingerprint so I guess that is how they register if he tries to make it into the parks through the gate.
    Now don't take this as a fact but I do remember Hoot and Chief from Mesa Verde Times talking about a sort of "most wanted" list of people they know might go poking backstage. Also I doubt he'll ever be un-banned, rules are rules, if you do the one exception people are going to ask for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timon'sGirl View Post
    I don't think the fingerprints are for biometric system. If something turns up missing or something happens, they will dust for prints. I believe they take them down for that purpose.

I don't think he'll sneak in again. He's been asked by landowners to leave, and he kindly followed their orders each time. I think he'll just leave the issue alone for a while and maybe try to get un-banned.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Sultan of Swing

Am I the only one who thinks that Disney felt that if he could do it simply but waltzing right in he could inspire others? So they made him an example. Also he did this at Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Orlando so maybe they don't want to be included in that we are chumps and are going to let this happen? I was just thinking it probably isn't true I just let my mind wonder about this.
    Always read the fine print.

• Mostly Harmless.

Trespasses... Surprised when banned for trespassing.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I don't feel sympathy for him, it's says plain as day on the signs that "Cast members only" and it's noted on various items that failure to comply with rules and regs will result in relinquishing your ticket and rights.

I forget which book, but I think it was "Dark side of Disney" that the author stated he had a buddy after getting the permaban from WDW when he was trying to book his honeymoon there that his business was not wanted because of his ban when he was a teen..

I'm thinking that they save the person's name in a computer somewhere and everytime the person shows up or tries to show up it throws the red flag..
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that Disney felt that if he could do it simply but waltzing right in he could inspire others? So they made him an example. Also he did this at Nickelodeon Studios at Universal Orlando so maybe they don't want to be included in that we are chumps and are going to let this happen? I was just thinking it probably isn't true I just let my mind wonder about this.
    He knew someone that worked there. They let him. That is how he got in to USF.

When he was banned, he was meeting fans at Disney. I think they were thinking that he was going to give unauthorized tours of backstage.

It's funny how people find backstage so interesting. There's nothing there.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    When he was banned, he was meeting fans at Disney. I think they were thinking that he was going to give unauthorized tours of backstage.
    I've heard of someone doing a door in the utilidoors with about 30 kids, no one bothered or stooped him, you just got to be inconspicuous.
    Plus it was before 9/11
    There's nothing there.
    The utilidoors don't exists then?

• Banned User

I don't buy the "I didn't know it was wrong" excuse. He's not some kid, he's a grown man. He knows what "unauthorized access" means, and what "trespassing" means. If this was his very first encounter with security, I can understand him being upset about a lifetime ban, but if the security guys knew him (and not just because they're fans of his videos), then he's known all along what he was doing was against the rules, and he did it anyway.

Still, a lifetime ban IS rather excessive. A 10-year ban would seem a bit more reasonable.

Having worked backstage, I agree, there really is nothing all that interesting about it. If he just HAD to satisfy his curiosity, why didn't he just get a job? He'd see backstage then easily, and he'd be authorized to be there.

Guy's a moron.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast