Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    The utilidoors don't exists then?
    They do exist. There's nothing to see in them or behind the walls.

    He didn't say he "didn't know it was wrong", he said that he thought that there would be some warning before he was banned. He knew that he could get in trouble and he fully acknowledged that. He never even said that they were excessive in punishing him.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  2. #32

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    They do exist. There's nothing to see in them or behind the walls.
    Well the ride control systems could be something neat to see but they've probably been replaced with a small wall mounted PC or something like that.

  3. #33

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    say he "didn't know it was wrong", he said that he thought that there would be some warning before he was banned.
    And his ingorance iss what let him say that. He has been turned away and told he's not allowed in areas over and over. Yet he kept doing it.


    I hope he puts up a new reaction video in a week or two. Because he's obviously upset, and not rational in this new video.

  4. #34

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Was just banned from WDW or all Disney Properties all together. That is what confuses me. He knew what he did and I am also one of the many others who thinks a Lifetime Ban is Excessive but, also I don't think there is any other punishment acceptable.
    Always read the fine print.

  5. #35

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Well the ride control systems could be something neat to see but they've probably been replaced with a small wall mounted PC or something like that.
    There's a huge server room that controls the Audio Animatronics and things of the sort. I've never been in it, but It probably looks like a typical server room complete with under-the-floor air conditioning.

    I just want to put out there that I'm not defending him at all. I thought he handled it well, given the situation.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  6. #36

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Was just banned from WDW or all Disney Properties all together. That is what confuses me. He knew what he did and I am also one of the many others who thinks a Lifetime Ban is Excessive but, also I don't think there is any other punishment acceptable.
    He refers to it as WDW a lot and Disney in general too. Many people say Disney in reference to WDW on that side of the country.

    I would guess his warning is by Florida law enforcement, enforcable in Fl only, but Disney told him he's not welcome on any Disney property.

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Makes me wonder if WDW has authority to determine who is allowed on the other Disney properties.

    If they do, he can at least be cited on the other properties due to the fact that the company warned him that they do not want him on their property.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  8. #38

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Makes me wonder if WDW has authority to determine who is allowed on the other Disney properties.

    If they do, he can at least be cited on the other properties due to the fact that the company warned him that they do not want him on their property.
    It's private property, Disney can chose who goes in and out of the park.
    Remember, they didn't allow Nikita Khrushchev into Disneyland.

  9. #39

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,651

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Makes me wonder if WDW has authority to determine who is allowed on the other Disney properties.

    If they do, he can at least be cited on the other properties due to the fact that the company warned him that they do not want him on their property.
    They could if Disney so desired - all they need to do is when he shows up is tell him to leave.. if he doesn't.. then they repeat what they did here to setup grounds for criminal tresspass. There is no requirement the person must pass before Disney can decide they are not allowed there. Disney only has to avoid discrimination against protected classes.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  10. #40

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I don't buy the "I didn't know it was wrong" excuse. He's not some kid, he's a grown man. He knows what "unauthorized access" means, and what "trespassing" means. If this was his very first encounter with security, I can understand him being upset about a lifetime ban, but if the security guys knew him (and not just because they're fans of his videos), then he's known all along what he was doing was against the rules, and he did it anyway.

    Still, a lifetime ban IS rather excessive. A 10-year ban would seem a bit more reasonable.

    Having worked backstage, I agree, there really is nothing all that interesting about it. If he just HAD to satisfy his curiosity, why didn't he just get a job? He'd see backstage then easily, and he'd be authorized to be there.

    Guy's a moron.
    Settle down. He never said he didn't know it was wrong, he was just hoping he would get off with a warning once he got caught--he basically didn't know they were onto him the whole time. Come on, those of you who have been to college....you never drank in your dorm room? Of course we knew it was wrong but we also knew if we got caught just once or twice we would get off with a slap in the wrist (good times, good times).

    I find it a little strange that so many people feel absolutely no sympathy for him. He clearly loved Disney as much as we all do, if not more. Think about a lifetime ban...that must just kill him. I'm a pretty big fan of The World, and I can say I'd be upset about never being able to go again, but it was this guy's life--it must just be devastating. Not to mention humiliating. I mean I just don't think there's any need to be harsh. Sure he broke rules. I mean, don't tell me you guys feel the same way about insiders on this board who leak information or take over-construction wall photos...the way I see it, if you have such a problem with what this guy did, then it's hypocritical that you all participated in the Carsland/BVS construction tracking threads a year ago full of pics/info we weren't supposed to see.

    I for one feel bad for the guy, even if he broke the rules.

  11. #41

    • Metro-Retro Historian
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brava Centauri
    Posts
    1,026

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    If someone lives in the area and really wants to get backstage a lot, there's one really easy way to get there and Disney will even pay you to do it. They don't pay you well, but they still pay you. The interviews aren't all that difficult and once your in you can wander around backstage all you want. Of course you don't get the adrenaline rush of doing something wrong or small time celebrity or whatever you want to call it, but you also don't get banned for life. So if you're really only doing out of "morbid curiosity" the trade off kind of seems kind of worth it.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

  12. #42

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    If someone lives in the area and really wants to get backstage a lot, there's one really easy way to get there and Disney will even pay you to do it. They don't pay you well, but they still pay you. The interviews aren't all that difficult and once your in you can wander around backstage all you want. Of course you don't get the adrenaline rush of doing something wrong or small time celebrity or whatever you want to call it, but you also don't get banned for life. So if you're really only doing out of "morbid curiosity" the trade off kind of seems kind of worth it.
    Do they have a job title for that?

  13. #43

    • 1,200 Miles from da Mouse
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    902

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Settle down. He never said he didn't know it was wrong, he was just hoping he would get off with a warning once he got caught--he basically didn't know they were onto him the whole time. Come on, those of you who have been to college....you never drank in your dorm room? Of course we knew it was wrong but we also knew if we got caught just once or twice we would get off with a slap in the wrist (good times, good times).

    I find it a little strange that so many people feel absolutely no sympathy for him. He clearly loved Disney as much as we all do, if not more. Think about a lifetime ban...that must just kill him. I'm a pretty big fan of The World, and I can say I'd be upset about never being able to go again, but it was this guy's life--it must just be devastating. Not to mention humiliating. I mean I just don't think there's any need to be harsh. Sure he broke rules. I mean, don't tell me you guys feel the same way about insiders on this board who leak information or take over-construction wall photos...the way I see it, if you have such a problem with what this guy did, then it's hypocritical that you all participated in the Carsland/BVS construction tracking threads a year ago full of pics/info we weren't supposed to see.

    I for one feel bad for the guy, even if he broke the rules.

    The way I see it is insider info is just that, people putting their jobs on the line to leak info on a particular project....they know the consequences and participate, same risk you take when you take with everytime you don't follow someone's policies..Taking pictures by climbing a wall or riding a ride that puts you above a construction project is not the same as sneaking backstage and taking video of the whole deal, that to me is like breaking Disney's policies more and more all the while rubbing their noses in it..

    I personally have no sympathy because A) he repeatedly broke their policies, B) was known to security and Disney, C) maintained a cult persona about himself on the internet that even broke ground at the local news there in Florida...Yes he loved Disney, yes I can hear his heartbreak, but at the same time the way this guy was playing with fire he knew he was going to get caught..

    My College had the policy that if you were caught drinking underage, not only did they make you go to AA for 4 months on first offense, but second offense could get you kicked off campus, they said this explicitely...This is similar imo of being talked to or escorted out of the park by Disney Security, if you were busted once why continue to put yourself in that situation...I could drink and drive for the same kinda of "rush" that these "Urban Explorers" get by breaking laws and breaking in or sneaking into places that they shouldn't been, but if I crashed my car into someone's car or got busted at a checkpoint and lost my liscense and therefore my job would/should people feel sympathy for me? I seriously doubt that anyone would feel that empathy outside my immediate family...same thing no, but by your initial point it's against the rules, so good times good times, well Disney let him have his fun, now he's paid the price...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton


  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,182
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    I think I should explain a bit about the "fingerprinting" process that Disney puts you through as there's been a ton of misinformation on here about it. Biometrics doesn't store your fingerprint, it actually doesn't even analyze more than a few ridges on the fingerprint. Biometrics is a fairly innefective method of authentication currently due to the number of times it is simply wrong. It works fairly well as part of a multi-factor authentication scheme, but cannot be relied on for authentication on its own.

    The way that it works is that the fingerprint machines simply measure the distances between a few of the ridges on your fingerprint and then runs a mathematical algorithm against them and returns what is called a one way hash. A one way hash is simply a number (Probably a hexadecimal number) which cannot be reverse engineered back to the original password (or in this case, fingerprint).

    When you enter your ticket on file there is a number stored along in the database with your ticket (which is your hash value). The computer first checks your ticket to see if its still valid, if it is it then looks at the hash value on file and compares it to the value generated on your recent scan. If it is the same (there's actually a variation of some sort allowed in the number as well to account for inconsistencies with the scan) then it allows you to pass. In fact, I don't remember the actual number, but in most fingerprint systems somewhere around 1 in every 10,000 people could possibly hash out to the same value. This is ok for ticket scans because the chance that you would share your ticket with someone who has the same value is remote, but would be horrible for any type of single factor authentication for accessing the parks.

    The main purpose of the fingerprint scans is simply to countermand the issue with people buying 10 day tickets for cheap, using three days, and then selling the remaining days on ebay or sharing them with friends and family. With that said, I've seen the fingerprint scan a number of times (for some reason biometrics always have a difficult time with my fingerprints, have anywhere I've had to use them) and I just get waived in most of the time when mine fails as the gate agent can override that failure. Other times I've had to go to the front gate and prove I was the person associated with the ticket.

  15. #45

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    371

    Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

    He bought his ticket, he took the ride.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mother and Daughter banned from Disneyland for life
    By JimiThing in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 11:23 PM
  2. I was Banned for Ten Years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    By evanescence4ever in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 08:03 PM
  3. Alice visits Relay for Life, or, thejoshualee in drag
    By thejoshualee in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •