Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• Functional & Decorative

Re: "Urban Explorer" banned for life...

The biggest problem I have with him is the fact he endangered the safety of himself and others. When he would sneak into an unauthorized area, especially one that is largely unused, he doesn't know if there are any electrical wires exposed, or a wall or floor has been declared unsafe/uneven surfaces, or a stack of equipment could fall on him, etc. If he had been hurt, guess who could have been sued? I don't blame them for their actions.

I have to say, I'm in the no sympathy camp as well. I love Disney, and I follow and respect their rules. If I don't, I deserve whatever I get. Especially when I literally brag about breaking such rules, and post the evidence of doing so, repeatedly on the internet for all to see. He made his own bed; now he gets to lie in it.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn View Post
    The biggest problem I have with him is the fact he endangered the safety of himself and others. When he would sneak into an unauthorized area, especially one that is largely unused, he doesn't know if there are any electrical wires exposed, or a wall or floor has been declared unsafe/uneven surfaces, or a stack of equipment could fall on him, etc. If he had been hurt, guess who could have been sued? I don't blame them for their actions.
    Someone has to walk back in those areas...it's not like all the unauthorized areas are full of danger, cast members have to walk back there too. If there really are electrical wires and big unsteady stacks of equipment, then a CM is the one who's going to get hurt and either way, Disney should've been more careful. I'm sorry, but backstage isn't code for elephant graveyard lol

Yes, but a CM who has to go into a dangerous area is told of the dangers, and where they are. This guy, wandering into a dangerous area, would be taken by surprise.

Not the same.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Functional & Decorative

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    Someone has to walk back in those areas...it's not like all the unauthorized areas are full of danger, cast members have to walk back there too. If there really are electrical wires and big unsteady stacks of equipment, then a CM is the one who's going to get hurt and either way, Disney should've been more careful. I'm sorry, but backstage isn't code for elephant graveyard lol
    CM's can be told about these situations by their leads. If you're working on a construction site, you'll know full well what is safe and what is not. However, if you're not a part of that construction team, you would have no idea if you're in a hazardous situation or not.

Of course, not all unauthorized areas are full of danger. But it only takes one time for it to matter.

And duh, I wrote this without reading what alphabassetgrrl wrote right above me. We're of same mind, it seems.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Banned User

he can change his apperance and come back in a few years

• Not on the Jedi Council

Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    It's private property, Disney can chose who goes in and out of the park.

Remember, they didn't allow Nikita Khrushchev into Disneyland.
    Actually, according Jack Lindquist in his book, that was not the case. Disneyland was prepared to receive him, but Sheriff Parker of Los Angeles would not let Khrushchev leave Los Angeles County because of security arrangements. Walt would have been happy to see him.

( snopes.com: Nikita Khrushchev at Disneyland verifies it wasn't the Disney people who wouldn't let him in.)

• Program

Good move.
    He's gone behind the scenes too many times and it finally caught up with him.

That being said, I love Adam the Woo. I watch his videos all the time. His Six Flags New Orleans video is one of the best he's done.

• Minion

No sympathy whatsoever and I applaud Disney for what they did. This should send a message to people, you cannot keep getting away with something. And you need e-mails to tell you that you're in the wrong? It's called backstage for a reason. You wouldn't go backstage at a Broadway musical unless you were crew/cast/invited guest. There are numerous things that can be deemed dangerous.
    Jeff Wayne

• Banned User

I wish some of those disney execs could be banned for life for what they have done to the quality of the parks

Man, I bet you all want maximum sentences for drug users too.

All of you keep chanting no sympathy like it's some main line to deal with every case. If you've watched his videos, you'll notice that everywhere Adam goes, he treats with respect. This isn't some kid who decided he was going backstage for laughs to go overturn stuff or play in electrical wiring. It's obvious he's got great respect for the company and was willing to stop if he was told to, but in the meanwhile he didn't think he was doing any harm. That was what the warning was about.

Everyone who thinks that Adam should have been banned should also state their feelings on Hoot and Chief. I think talking about that might help. What makes them different from Adam? Should they be banned from the park as well? Should their Horizons documentation be disregarded as fruit from the poisoned tree?

• The Steampunk Dread Baron

In my mind it is very simple to break down - you break the rules, then you have to pay the price no matter who you are.
    The fountain of youth really is in Florida... thats why they built Walt Disney World where they did.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ORD84 View Post
    I personally have no sympathy because A) he repeatedly broke their policies, B) was known to security and Disney, C) maintained a cult persona about himself on the internet that even broke ground at the local news there in Florida...
    I totally agree. Self-aggrandizing ego freak gets his butt kicked out of the park, end of story.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

So... he wasn't actually caught in a backstage area, he was just walking into the park and they approached him and said "Hey, we've seen your videos. You're outta here"?
    Last edited by Santana; 01-15-2013 at 09:43 PM.

I like his videos, but, I have no sympathy.

You play with fire, you'll get burned eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    I wish some of those disney execs could be banned for life for what they have done to the quality of the parks
    Sheeeeeeeesh..........

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast