Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

It's not a laughing matter by any means. We honestly need those back

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

I agree we should bring back some rides, but with new technology. We shouldnt be held back from advancing and making progress forwards. But with that being said, I want Mr toads wild ride back in replace of whinne the pooh. That was a bad change.

• Bearing with the bears

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    I agree we should bring back some rides, but with new technology. We shouldnt be held back from advancing and making progress forwards. But with that being said, I want Mr toads wild ride back in replace of whinne the pooh. That was a bad change.
    Of course, not upgrading anything is silly, it's like removing Buzz putting back IYHW and reusing old 16mm projectors instead of digital projections. I mean the whole room that was dedicated to controlling the "pick your own ending" in Horizons could be replaced by a small projector and an ARM based computer built into the car.

It would be really awesome to see what the could to older rides with newer technology! It would almost be a whole new ride/experience.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

I miss the skyway
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Roller coaster enthusiast

I wish they'd never put that there. It obstructs the view of the faux Grauman's Chinese Theater front and it sits right in the middle of one of the biggest Hidden Mickeys.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

I miss the old EPCOT in general, which I was fortunate enough to visit a few times as a kid and I have fond memories of the rides, although vague at times. I have only visited the new EPCOT once and I was very confused. It wasn't the EPCOT I remembered at all. Some old attractions at old EPCOT I found boring at times, but I came off the rides feeling inspired and excited.

I miss World Of Motion, which used to be my favorite EPCOT ride. Although, I do still love Test Track and it is probably the most acceptable replacement.

I also miss El Rio Del Tiempo and I don't like what they did with the new version. Does anybody?

And of course, I loved Horizons. Mission: SPACE is not bad and the one time I did it was very thrilling, but it doesn't come close to matching the wonders of Horizons as others have said.

I used to love Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but I realized how much more I love the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. I think the WDW version is so much better than the Disneyland version, so I am happy that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is gone to be honest.

I may be alone on this one, but I much preferred Kitchen Kabaret and Food Rocks! to Soarin'. I never really found Soarin' to be much of a thrill or even that fun. The food shows were silly, but fun. I don't know if I would think the same of them now as I did when I was a kid when I saw them, but I liked them at the time.

I actually miss Dreamflight too. I don't think highly of the new arcade rides and usually skip them. Mostly though, I just miss what EPCOT used to be.

• Inappropriate

Mostly I miss Irons' Spaceship Earth. I'm all for supporting change, because things shouldn't remain the same, but this new change just didn't seem right. Scar > M. Here some things I don't miss at all: El Rio Del Tiempo, Body Wars, Skyway. Good riddance.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Mostly I miss Irons' Spaceship Earth. I'm all for supporting change, because things shouldn't remain the same, but this new change just didn't seem right. Scar > M. Here some things I don't miss at all: El Rio Del Tiempo, Body Wars, Skyway. Good riddance.
    I will argue on the river of time. El Rio Del Tiempo was... And it was... As well as... Yeah never mind. It was terrible.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Keep it coming guys! We need to show Disney what attractions we'd like back with updated modern technology. I hear a lot of Journey into Imagination and Horizons. We should probably try and bring those back first. Then later in try and bring back the rest

• Mostly Harmless.

Honestly I don't want any old attraction back. I mean don't get me wrong I miss somethings, get nostalgic about others, but hey let's not dwell on the past. Forward and all that. I'm sorry but I don't think wishing for something is gonna bring back anything.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Inappropriate

Here's an idea for a new Journey into Imagination ride:

If it's Imagination, it should have some sort of interactivity. I think they should totally gut the ride and start fresh with a new trackless ride system, so we can finally get one of those stateside. But then add in the flashlight tech from Tokyo's Monster's Inc: Ride and Go Seek. So basically you'd be going through some wild world of Dreamfinder and Figment, and using your flashlight along the way to explore the ride itself and find the hidden elements that can be activated. I'm not sure on what the story of the ride would be, just something to encourage Imagination.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by newhorizons View Post
    I miss the old EPCOT in general, which I was fortunate enough to visit a few times as a kid and I have fond memories of the rides, although vague at times. I have only visited the new EPCOT once and I was very confused. It wasn't the EPCOT I remembered at all. Some old attractions at old EPCOT I found boring at times, but I came off the rides feeling inspired and excited.... Mostly though, I just miss what EPCOT used to be.
    Amen to that. I've never actually been to EPCOT, and nowadays, I really don't have much desire to. Reading about what the park used to be and comparing it to what it offers today is really disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Here's an idea for a new Journey into Imagination ride:

If it's Imagination, it should have some sort of interactivity. I think they should totally gut the ride and start fresh with a new trackless ride system, so we can finally get one of those stateside. But then add in the flashlight tech from Tokyo's Monster's Inc: Ride and Go Seek. So basically you'd be going through some wild world of Dreamfinder and Figment, and using your flashlight along the way to explore the ride itself and find the hidden elements that can be activated. I'm not sure on what the story of the ride would be, just something to encourage Imagination.
    I think one of the most ingenious parts of Journey Into Imagination is how it built up your desire to utilize your creativity through the ride and afterwards the Guests had the opportunity to unleash this gush of creativity energy in ImageWorks. Rather than an interactive element brought into the attraction itself, a reimagined ImageWorks with updated technology and new interactive offerings would be a better approach-- I think that bringing in interactive technology to the attraction itself would be distracting from its message and its purpose.

• Banned User

Ya I'd rather just make it the same as the original except with all modern effects,Modern animatronics,modern lighting,restored soundtrack,etc. The interactive area is for Imageworks. I honestly think they should also modernize Imagworks aswell but also bring in some new activities and exhibits. That's be fun. Oh yes btw, I'd also like the Dreamfinder & Figment Walk-Arounf characters back too. But that's my opinion. It's fine if you don't think that's a good idea but it's just I'd rather prefer that because people of this generation don't really know the characters that well and it would be better for them to see how it all started in te attraction. Then it could be the same for every generation. I think they should do a new 4D show in the Magic Eye Theatre though about Dreamfinder & Figment though. I think that's be nicer to tell ya the truth.but ya that's just my opinion and best idea I can come up with. Other wise people won't know where Figment came from and etc.

• Banned User

That way the whole Pavillion is Journey into Imagination themed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast