Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Inappropriate

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Has Disney ever brought back an original attraction?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• "What is thy bidding?"

Re: What Disney attraction do you miss and what do you think of the replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by deathcomesarippin View Post
    I agree we should bring back some rides, but with new technology. We shouldnt be held back from advancing and making progress forwards. But with that being said, I want Mr toads wild ride back in replace of whinne the pooh. That was a bad change.

It would have been nice if WDW would have surprised guests and brought an updated Mr. Toads back to the building that they are gutting Snow Whites Scarry Adventure out of with a detailed facade, however, guests are getting another meet and greet...

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Not exactly but I think that the Enchanted Tiki Room at WDW is pretty close. It isn't quite the same as the original but certainly much better than the "Under New Management" version. In addition they even added a nostalgic touch to the Sunshine Tree Terrace by bringing back the Orange Bird!

• Tickets please...

I didn't get to go on Journey into Imagination. The two times I went to WDW it was either in its second stage or closed to be turned into its current stage. But I have not been on any version of it. I however know about the original as I do love to research the rides. I think that it should be returned to its original state but with updated technology and animatronics. The ride itself was amazing.

• Inappropriate

Basically we need to burn down the Imagination pavilion. It worked for the Tiki Room.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Basically we need to burn down the Imagination pavilion. It worked for the Tiki Room.
    Lol well I wouldn't necessarily do that but I would Definately send them tons of letters and do petitions and stuff to make it happen

• ~

I'll get some torches and hop on the next plane to Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    Ya I'd rather just make it the same as the original except with all modern effects,Modern animatronics,modern lighting,restored soundtrack,etc. The interactive area is for Imageworks. I honestly think they should also modernize Imagworks aswell but also bring in some new activities and exhibits.
    I think that's a given-- if the pavilion is to be restored to its former glory, it wouldn't be an exact reincarnation or a mirror image of its original form. Rather, it would use its original form as a model of what the pavilion and the attraction should be in terms of style, design, message, story, etc. and use the inspiration of the original to recreate its likeness while updating effects and story elements to further enhance these essential qualities.

I think they should do a new 4D show in the Magic Eye Theatre though about Dreamfinder & Figment though.
    That way the whole Pavillion is Journey into Imagination themed.
    That would be overkill-- the pavilion isn't the Figment Pavilion or the Dreamfinder Pavilion or the Journey Into Imagination Pavilion-- it's the Imagination Pavilion. Journey Into Imagination was the pavilion's crowning jewel, but it wasn't its entire existence. There needs to be a balance and careful blend of experiences that promote our imagination in a variety of ways.

As far as a 3D show is concerned, I like what Magic Journeys tried to do. How its fanciful blending of various visions, dreams, and fantasies showed us how our imaginations transport us to new realms and amazing places with the inspiration of simple, everyday objects like clouds and how one spark of the imagination leads us down a trial of exciting and endless possibilities and "magical journeys." The show wasn't heavily scripted or burdened with dialogue and story lines, allowing the Guest to actively participate in the world and use their imaginations during the film, creating their own interpretations and ideas of what is happening and being swept away on the winds of their own creativity. And the way that the scenes transitioned in a whimsical, surreal fashion so that the viewer could not tell which visions are reality and which are figments of our imagination was a key device in helping the Guest realize that what we create in our imaginations is our own reality, our way of looking at the world and how the world could be. I would like to see a show that attempts to approach the theme of the imagination in a similar manner.

• Closed Account

Original Enchanted Tiki Room
    Captain EO
    Main Street Electrical Parade

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I'll get some torches and hop on the next plane to Orlando.

I think that's a given-- if the pavilion is to be restored to its former glory, it wouldn't be an exact reincarnation or a mirror image of its original form. Rather, it would use its original form as a model of what the pavilion and the attraction should be in terms of style, design, message, story, etc. and use the inspiration of the original to recreate its likeness while updating effects and story elements to further enhance these essential qualities.

That would be overkill-- the pavilion isn't the Figment Pavilion or the Dreamfinder Pavilion or the Journey Into Imagination Pavilion-- it's the Imagination Pavilion. Journey Into Imagination was the pavilion's crowning jewel, but it wasn't its entire existence. There needs to be a balance and careful blend of experiences that promote our imagination in a variety of ways.

As far as a 3D show is concerned, I like what Magic Journeys tried to do. How its fanciful blending of various visions, dreams, and fantasies showed us how our imaginations transport us to new realms and amazing places with the inspiration of simple, everyday objects like clouds and how one spark of the imagination leads us down a trial of exciting and endless possibilities and "magical journeys." The show wasn't heavily scripted or burdened with dialogue and story lines, allowing the Guest to actively participate in the world and use their imaginations during the film, creating their own interpretations and ideas of what is happening and being swept away on the winds of their own creativity. And the way that the scenes transitioned in a whimsical, surreal fashion so that the viewer could not tell which visions are reality and which are figments of our imagination was a key device in helping the Guest realize that what we create in our imaginations is our own reality, our way of looking at the world and how the world could be. I would like to see a show that attempts to approach the theme of the imagination in a similar manner.
    I like the Magic Journey idea. That'd be nice. However, a lot of the people of this present day generation don't really know the characters very well and the original explained to them the whole story of how Figment came to be and how they meet Dreamfinder. This is one of the key reasons why it should be a modernized version of the original. I would like the soundtrack the same though but restored. Unfortunately Figment's original voice actor has passed away and it'd be a nice tribute to have that same soundtrack. I myself am only 14 years old and never grew up with the original, only became a fan by watching YouTube videos. The ultimate tribute video got me hooked.
    also btw think about it for a moment, the original in my opinion shouldn't have ever been changed in the first place. It's like changing The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Carribean. I like the idea of modern animatronics,projections,etc. but would rather prefer new Imageworks attractions aswell as modernized versions of the originals. But ya,that I think is the best solutions.
    Last edited by DreamfinderFigment; 01-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123