Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30

    Question New Fireworks Show

    Let me start by saying that I adore Wishes. It is beautiful, captivating, and billowing with grandeur. That being said, it is a bit on the stale side. Wishes has been showing since 2003, and while we can all agree that attractions are timeless, I am unsure whether a firework show can be as well. The seasonal incarnations of Wishes (Holiday Wishes, Happy Hallowishes, etc.) are still quite charming, but Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams is a bit on the redundant side, in my opinion. Thoughts?

  2. #2

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Well being friends with Steve Davison he has visited WDW lately in recent months but, for what I have no clue.
    Always read the fine print.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Too Far From Disney
    Posts
    3,497

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

  4. #4

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
    Those are all Steve Davison's Job. Does anyone know how old these shows are?
    Always read the fine print.

  5. #5

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,464

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    I'd like to see it replaced myself. We also need a new parade with new floats in it. I'm starting to really hate that mirror castle float that they always use.
    Everything is so old at WDW. DLR looks really fresh in comparison. WDW needs to start refreshing or strait up majorly changing these shows one at a time, one after the other.

  6. #6

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    With George K. heading out over there he will probably have Steve working hard out over there. I will tell you guys if any suspicious Steve Davison activity at WDW happens after Feb. 1st
    Always read the fine print.

  7. #7

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    I'd actually love to see something similar to the Remember....Dreams Come True fireworks show at Disneyland. That one gets to me every time.

  8. #8

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Well being friends with Steve Davison he has visited WDW lately in recent months but, for what I have no clue.
    You're friends with Steve Davidson? That's neat, does he know if they're actually shipping off MSE soon?

  9. #9

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,464

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Tootles View Post
    I'd actually love to see something similar to the Remember....Dreams Come True fireworks show at Disneyland. That one gets to me every time.
    As MK is now over 40 years old, or two generations pushing to three generations of guests, I wouldn't mind something like RDCT either. It's a nastalgic show and MK has generated old memories to revisit.

  10. #10

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    You're friends with Steve Davidson? That's neat, does he know if they're actually shipping off MSE soon?
    Being the head of Parades and Spectaculars he would know about this. Although here is the thing he is an Imagineer if he tells me stuff that's a secret I keep it that way. He won't say anything that is a big secret and I think anything about MSE is a big secret. Right now as we speak he is in London then he will be in Paris for business. He will probably go to Florida after that as he said he will return to SoCal in a couple weeks. Only news I've heard about WDW is not related to Steve's Job.
    Always read the fine print.

  11. #11

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Being the head of Parades and Spectaculars he would know about this. Although here is the thing he is an Imagineer if he tells me stuff that's a secret I keep it that way. He won't say anything that is a big secret and I think anything about MSE is a big secret. Right now as we speak he is in London then he will be in Paris for business. He will probably go to Florida after that as he said he will return to SoCal in a couple weeks. Only news I've heard about WDW is not related to Steve's Job.
    Jeez that's quite the loaded schedule. Makes sense but I don't know what would be so secret about MSE honestly, the show is pretty old and it wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone if it traveled again.

  12. #12

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Jeez that's quite the loaded schedule. Makes sense but I don't know what would be so secret about MSE honestly, the show is pretty old and it wouldn't be a big surprise to anyone if it traveled again.
    Haha it is. Well he if WDW's Parades and Firework Shows are Outdated(Old) I guess he will be busy trying to find a suitable replacement. I should probably bring up "Remember...Dreams Come True" to him and if WDW will have a counterpart to it. Also MK could see one possibly for a Anniversary...hmm seems that you guys are approaching your 45th in 2016 and 50th 2021. 2021 seems likely but delayed for a show like "RDCT". Also Steve has only done 2 Shows/Parades for WDW.

    P.S. I hope I didn't come off as rude in my first response if so Sorry.
    Always read the fine print.

  13. #13

    • Bearing with the bears
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    135

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BugSam101 View Post
    Haha it is. Well he if WDW's Parades and Firework Shows are Outdated(Old) I guess he will be busy trying to find a suitable replacement. I should probably bring up "Remember...Dreams Come True" to him and if WDW will have a counterpart to it. Also MK could see one possibly for a Anniversary...hmm seems that you guys are approaching your 45th in 2016 and 50th 2021. 2021 seems likely but delayed for a show like "RDCT". Also Steve has only done 2 Shows/Parades for WDW.
    Well I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes along and replaces the current shows (no offence to mister Davidson and the creative team at Disney, they're just getting a bit dated).
    P.S. I hope I didn't come off as rude in my first response if so Sorry.
    No worries, it's just interesting hearing info from people on the "inside".

  14. #14

    • Sultan of Swing
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    228

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Quote Originally Posted by BandM View Post
    Well I'm definitely looking forward to whatever comes along and replaces the current shows (no offence to mister Davidson and the creative team at Disney, they're just getting a bit dated).

    No worries, it's just interesting hearing info from people on the "inside".
    Glad I didn't sound rude and I guess you could say from the "inside" although I am not.

    Steve has 20 Shows/Parades under his belt for the Disneyland Resort and only 2 for WDW which are Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams and Block Party Bash.

    Always read the fine print.

  15. #15

    • Suspended
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    30

    Re: New Fireworks Show

    Even though I'd enjoy a change, I'm reluctant to see what the folks at WDW would come up with. Definitely not a fan of their "reimagined" projects (MSEP, Journey Into Imagination, I'm looking at you.) I'd much rather see something entirely new than have them take yet another wonderful attraction and utterly obliterate it.

    Then again, we all remember Light Magic....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] New fireworks show to replace Remember Dreams Come True (For fun!)
    By The Forbidden Eye in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 10:07 PM
  2. Disney debuts new fireworks show
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 10:21 AM
  3. [Fun] What songs/themes would you use in a new fireworks show?
    By AtomicBear in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 12:05 PM
  4. Will DCA ever get a new fireworks show in the near future?
    By DCADude in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 11:33 PM
  5. New Fireworks Show for MNSSHP!
    By 1stStarIC2nite in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •