Late January Honeymoon Questions

Hi everybody, I am obsessively planning every facet of a honeymoon coming up in late January. I would so greatly appreciate any tips as this may be the only time I ever get to stay on-site at Walt Disney World because of the cost.

I used to be one of the people who used FastPass late from time to time if I couldn't make it back, so I now have to be extra careful because of the new rules. Does anybody have any current FastPass strategies for Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom? I am not concerned about EPCOT, because we are skipping Soarin'. We are also skipping Toy Story Midway Mania as well and Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids are and still will be closed, so those 3 rides are out of the picture. I am guessing that we should start off collecting a FastPass at either Peter Pan's Flight or Space Mountain for Magic Kingdom and either Expedition Everest or Kilimanjaro Safaris at Animal Kingdom, but which? Since Walt Disney World is constantly changing in some ways does anybody know what attractions run out of FastPass the quickest and by what time in the day? What FastPass attractions do not really require FastPass? It will be late January, so it will basically be out of season.

Also, in regards to FastPass can anybody confirm if Dumbo and the Great Goofini are disconnected from other FastPass attractions? I tried looking it up online and saw something about that. Does anybody know if any other attractions are disconnected?

Also, we are solely using Walt Disney World transportation. I was wondering if anybody knows just how efficient the transportation is. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and plan on using their buses to get to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. We plan on taking a boat from Riverside to Downtown Disney. Does anybody know how long it takes to wait for a bus and boat and how long the ride takes? We have early morning breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe and Boma. Does anybody know what special arrangements we would have to make to get there from Port Orleans? Would the Disney Cast Members arrange something for us? With all the dining reservations we had to make since places require them we have to plan this more than we would like and depend on Disney transportation. Any advice for managing transportation at Walt Disney World?

Does anybody have any general tips for celebrating a honeymoon at Walt Disney World? We are both big Disney fans who are obsessed with the parks but don't get to go too often, so we hope to have the best vacation ever. Any special tips are most appreciated

• Under that tree again!

Re: Late January Honeymoon Questions

For FP.
    Epcot is a little different. Soarin is not the automatic place to go, Test Track is the new first choice. I would suggest that you do the standby queue on Test Track once, so maybe when it's a slower time.

In MK, still get a Peter Pan FP, though keep in mind that Space FPs also get high demand. Dumbo maybe, because in the stand by queue, you can stop in the interactive play area, and will be given a pager. Play area is just for kids but you can rest on a bench in there. Doing this wasn't a bad way to wait and I doubt it would be without kids. Just take the time sitting to look at pictures or text friends. If you do wantt o FP Dumbo, or the Great Goofini, the FPs are in a yellow tend with picnic table toward the back of the area. Disconnected, not sure.

In DHS, go for ToT or RnR.
    In AK Exbidition Everest.

How fast or if these FPs run out depend on when you visit, if it's a busy day with EMH in that park or not. You may be going on a slow day and have little problem. Test Track and Soarin will run out in the late morning to late afternoon or even evening. Space may run out in the evening.

To get to those breakfast reservations may be a problem. You will have to go to a park, then from the park to those resorts. Or take a cab. This can be a problem if the parks aren't open early enough, but buses run to park 90 minutes before opening to serve that parks character meal's guests. Buses run about every 30 minutes to these Charater Meals, and then about every 20 minutes for regular guests from about an hour before the park opens. Then every 20 minutes through the day. You will need to take a bus to all of the parks. They take 10-30 minutes to get to/from the parks.

Because it's offseason you could be the 1st to 4th resort stop, as POR has 3 stops and midday the buses are shared with POFQ.

The boats run every 30 minutes. They take about 15-25 minutes to go to from DTD depening on which dock you go to. There is not boat from POR to any parks.

• formerly very helpful

My advice is to wake up early and open the parks. You will actually do better on some attractions than if you use fast pass.
    i wouldn't even use fast pass for the safari ride in DAK, since the best time to view animals is in the morning.
    things may have changed since I was last there, but we rarely used the fast passes, and got on everything we wanted.
    congratulations, and be sure to share lots of pictures.

• Kandace Sparkles

Blog Entries

I would suggest you talk to the Cast Members at the Front Desk upon arrival about ensuring you have solid transportation to your fabulous dining reservations. Yes, they can help you. Just ask kindly and see what happens.
    Author of MiceChat Column:

View all Mice Munchies.

• formerly very helpful

and make sure EVERYONE knows it's your honeymoon. We got a few nice little perks and upgrades as a result.

Hey thanks everybody! I really appreciate it

A couple more questions:

Does anybody know how long you have to arrive before Fantasmic! (in the off-season) at Hollywood Studios to ensure getting a seat even if you have to stand? We don't care about getting the best spot, but would prefer to see the show. We are doing that park only one day, but also don't like waiting a long time for shows to start. If we arrived fifteen minutes beforehand would we be able to find something. There is only one showtime the day we are going and it is at 6:30 PM if that helps.

Also, does anybody know 'the best' spot to watch IllumiNations from?

• Dreamer

Last month, the Pooh FP machine was giving suprise FP to Dumbo. Not sure if that is still the case. If you go in the AM hours for Dumbo, you won't need a FP. We were there last month, and never waited for Dumbo.

I agree, let the WORLD know it's your honeymoon. Make sure it is mentioned on all your dining and hotel reservations. Don't expect to get anything, but I'm sure a little pixie dust will blow your way.

Regarding Illuminations: here are some good tips.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by newhorizons View Post

Does anybody know how long you have to arrive before Fantasmic! (in the off-season) at Hollywood Studios to ensure getting a seat even if you have to stand? We don't care about getting the best spot, but would prefer to see the show. We are doing that park only one day, but also don't like waiting a long time for shows to start. If we arrived fifteen minutes beforehand would we be able to find something. There is only one showtime the day we are going and it is at 6:30 PM if that helps.
    I would suggest 45 minutes, as a more conservative esitmate to get a seat. At only 15 you will likely be standing in the back. If you want to risk it split the difference and go with 30.

For a better view, look up when you enter at the lighting rigging. At the middle part try to sit in the middle of the middle section of rigging. At the sides parts of the rigging, try to sit about a 1/3 of the way from the outer edges of the seating area . This gets you a more direct view.

If you are eating dinner in DHS, you might consider a dining package. It's a reasonable price for the food and you get in to guaranteed seating. Still at 30 minutes.

Well, I am almost on my way. In about 17 hours we will be heading out to Florida. Thank you so much to everybody who helped me with my questions. Here we go!