No Expiration Disappearing?

According to mousesavers.com, the No Expiration feature on Disney World tickets is set to disappear. Can anyone confirm?
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Shubisha

Re: No Expiration Disappearing?

I imagine hardly anyone uses it and those that are able to plan ahead and get a long-term no expiration pass for future trips are saving too much money for disney's taste. :P

• Inappropriate

I want the headline to read "No Expiration Expiring!"

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

Rumor? Maybe not.

I'm not sure if they sell them at the gates, but for 2013 you can't buy them online.

The reason people got the no expire option became that they would by a 10 day ticket, which is a low cost per day, and use it over two visits. So in speculation it was thought that WDW would follow DLR, and get ride of the non expiring tickets so that guests need to pay more for their later visits. It appears this idea has come to pass.

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

I hardly used it so can't say that I will really notice it being gone, but it was a nice option for some people
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

Hope not because I always get the no expiration option with my 10 day pass.

Hope not as well, as I'm still sitting on 7 days' worth of tickets from my 2006 10 day passes! Assume that any expiration of the no expiration option would still honor previous passes, while simply foreclosing the ability to purchase that option in the future.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BSusanJ View Post
    Hope not as well, as I'm still sitting on 7 days' worth of tickets from my 2006 10 day passes! Assume that any expiration of the no expiration option would still honor previous passes, while simply foreclosing the ability to purchase that option in the future.
    I wouldn't worry about that.

All old ticket are still valid. They are no longer selling new tickets that won't expire.

They have removed the No Expire option from their website though I think you can still add it at Guest Services (for a while). If you know you'll be in the parks 10 days or more during a 365 day period then the Annual Pass would be a good alternative.

This stinks for us. We began buying No Exp tickets last year but a couple of impromptu trips have nearly used them up. We have decided that we will spend a day or two less at the parks each trip and probably find something else to do in Orlando.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Disney announced today that it is staying..... for now.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylately View Post
    This stinks for us. We began buying No Exp tickets last year but a couple of impromptu trips have nearly used them up. We have decided that we will spend a day or two less at the parks each trip and probably find something else to do in Orlando.
    No expiration tickets are cheap if you use them frequently, once or twice a year, for 1 to 3 days per trip. Otherwise it is cheaper to buy a 4 to 10 day expiring pass. Thus a 10 day no-expire pass will give you relatively cheap admission that is good for at least 4 or 5 separate trips of a 2/2/3/3 combination or 2/2/2/2/2 combination. You go to two or three of your favorite parks.

As a tourist, it doesn't do me any good, but for locals, it is a great deal. Buy them now or regret it.
    Last edited by StevenW; 01-23-2013 at 02:40 PM.

I was wondering why my wallet ran away when I started looking at airfare for a couple of short trips later this year...

To me, this is just another Disney Money Grab©. WDW is nothing more than a cash cow to TWDC suits, and they are going to milk it as much as they possibly can.

• Metro-Retro Historian

And what are they giving us that makes tickets so valuable that we can no longer pay extra to make them last forever? Why, the same thing we got when all tickets stopped automatically lasting forever. They aren't even trying to be subtle with pay more get less strategy anymore, are they? At least last time they renamed the ticket and tweaked a couple other options. How are they going to sell this? Magic Your Way Passes, now with less "your way"!
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.