Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 44 of 44
  1. #31

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    661

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Sorry to say, but Pinocchio and Pete's Dragon don't have nearly the staying power of other Disney movies.

    There's this thing called Blu Rays. I knew who Pinoc and Elliot were at the tender age of.......6. Thx to the VHS's.....

  2. #32

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    311

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    I get combining MM&Y/CTM and WOC but Fanti????????
    I think they may have meant Fantasmic!

    By the poster's description, I would expect a show akin to Disneyland Paris' new fireworks show, which combines those elements.

  3. #33

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    Sorry to say, but Pinocchio and Pete's Dragon don't have nearly the staying power of other Disney movies.

    There's this thing called Blu Rays. I knew who Pinoc and Elliot were at the tender age of.......6. Thx to the VHS's.....
    Oh, we have them. However, Pinocchio and Elliot have a hard time competing against, lets see... Wall-E, Woody, Lightning, Rapunzel, Simba, Ariel, Belle, Doug (Up), Nemo, Merida, Sulley, Remy, Tinker Bell, Mulan, etc.

    It's not because I haven't tried to show my 8, 5 and 3 year old kids the more classic movies. They're just not very interested because movies of today are much more fast paced and entertaining to their generation. I loved Pete's Dragon as a boy. I can still sing most of the music. But at times it can be slow and hard to follow for a young child. My kids can barely make it halfway before asking to watch something else.

    What I'm saying though is that, with the exception of Tinker Bell, there isn't a single one of the characters above in MSEP. Kids want to see the characters they love and saw on the big screen within their lifetimes (or at least close to them). They don't mind the classics mixed in, but when the newest character in the parade is 35+ years old, it doesn't take a genius to realize that management is either out of touch or too cheap to update. In this case it's both.
    Last edited by aggiemullins; 01-26-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  4. #34

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    6

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyM View Post
    I think they may have meant Fantasmic!

    By the poster's description, I would expect a show akin to Disneyland Paris' new fireworks show, which combines those elements.
    No, I meant Fantillusion. However, Fantillusion was developed by the same people behind Fantasmic!, who sort of condensed the show and put it in parade format so I suppose one could argue that they would be combining Fantasmic! too.
    Perhaps they're thinking of using lighted floats on the moat (a la the Electrical Water Pageant)? That's the only thing I can think of. Though I don't see how this would be possible because of the bridges connecting the Hub to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
    I'm simply just repeating what I've been hearing backstage for a while now.

  5. #35

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    11

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    It's bad enough trying to get a decent spot to view MSEP, MM&Y and Wishes while still making sure your kids can actually see it and not losing your family to the hoarde in the process. Now we'll have to have a view of the water, too?! Oh Lord, help us... They better start converting all the rooftops to viewing platforms, ASAP.

  6. #36

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    311

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAMB View Post
    No, I meant Fantillusion. However, Fantillusion was developed by the same people behind Fantasmic!, who sort of condensed the show and put it in parade format so I suppose one could argue that they would be combining Fantasmic! too.
    Perhaps they're thinking of using lighted floats on the moat (a la the Electrical Water Pageant)? That's the only thing I can think of. Though I don't see how this would be possible because of the bridges connecting the Hub to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland.
    I'm simply just repeating what I've been hearing backstage for a while now.
    Sorry, my misunderstanding.
    Honestly, I'm not sure either on how they would accomplish this. I can tell that they are trying to cut 3 shows (light parade, projection show, fireworks) into one (your rumored show), possibly to cut costs. Gotta admit, pretty smart business (emphasis on that word) move, because when I visited during Christmas, there was a huge rush to go to another spot in the hub to catch the next show. With the rumored show, guests could theoretically stay in one spot for three condensed shows.

    I prefer three seperate shows, however, so I'm skeptical about this project until I see it in action.

  7. #37

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    I think the whole "using the moat" thing is just because of Paris' show so now every rumor will include that. Whether or not they install a giant water system, that's another story. They'd probably economize it first.

  8. #38

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Morva in the Land of Prydain
    Posts
    4,381

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    ORDDU: In regard to how popular various Disney movies are in relationship to each other, I'd say it varies. Many of the newer Disney movies actually seem to be a lot less popular than some of the older ones. Take Hercules, Treasure Planet and Emporer's New Groove, for instance. The characters for those haven't been seen at WDW in quite a while.

    ORWEN: And the merchandise is lacking for them, too, whereas you can still find a lot of merchandise--along with character meetings and greetings--with the older characters like Peter Pan, Alice, Snow White, etc. Since Pete's Dragon wasn't a very big hit even when it first came out in the late 70's--that's probably not the best example of a movie that doesn't hold up well today.

    ORDDU: Pinocchio, on the other hand, is hardly boring and still seems to have a following--although we'll admit it's not quite as strong as it used to be. But, then, all the Disney movies seem to go through cycles where certain one's appeal to a certain generation more so than others.

    ORWEN: The point is, nothing is absolute when it comes to the Disney films and characters. Who would have ever thought old Oswald the Lucky Rabbit would ever make a come back? Yet he has. We see his ears being sold right along with Mickey's!!

  9. #39

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    6

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue. He also said that there is (once again) no room in the parade budget for this because they've stopped working on MiSiCi (Terk & Timon have recently been cut, along with a few other minor, inconspicuous changes) and now most of the money is going towards equity for the clowns in New Fantasyland.

  10. #40

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    250

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAMB View Post
    Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue. He also said that there is (once again) no room in the parade budget for this because they've stopped working on MiSiCi (Terk & Timon have recently been cut, along with a few other minor, inconspicuous changes) and now most of the money is going towards equity for the clowns in New Fantasyland.
    Interesting post, I don't understand the audio issue through. Can't the MSEP theme go into the floats? Or, were they going for a BIG Parade: playing both MSEP's and Spectro's soundtracks? After MK figures out the problem will they put the floats back together? Combing MSEP and Specrto sounds very interesting! I would love to see MK try if they have the money and the answer!

  11. #41

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAMB View Post
    Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue. He also said that there is (once again) no room in the parade budget for this because they've stopped working on MiSiCi (Terk & Timon have recently been cut, along with a few other minor, inconspicuous changes) and now most of the money is going towards equity for the clowns in New Fantasyland.
    CLOWNS? I can't believe they are spending money on clowns. Don't they know how many people hate or are scared by clowns?

  12. #42

    •   
    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    Quote Originally Posted by mmwalker815 View Post
    CLOWNS? I can't believe they are spending money on clowns. Don't they know how many people hate or are scared by clowns?
    Yes, yes they do. That's why they built an entire circus area in the Magic Kingdom.
    -Bill

  13. #43

    • I'm Theme Park Happy!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,565

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    oh my freaking GAWD! They should do a limited time magic summer thing with a few still operating floats from Spectromagic and EMP and mix them and their music. The new parade would blend down into Christmas for an extended run!!!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com



  14. #44

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,411

    Re: SpectroMagic, Any word?

    most depressing thread in a long time. Here in CA, common rumor is that we'll see EP back later this year or next year. Doesn't sound like this is the case coming from Orlando.

    Spectro in shambles is infuriating. It went away gracefully with most things working, correct? What kind of negligence allowed it to sit outside and rot? Purposeful retiring a la burning of the small world float in the 80s? I'd seriously like to know who was in charge of this.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Any word on Muppet mobil labs?
    By kalelvis in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
  2. Any word on why the Castle Mystery tour was closed?
    By WDWSageoftime in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 05:30 PM
  3. Any word on Dickens Carolers Auditions?
    By Morrigoon in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-14-2005, 03:37 PM
  4. Any word on California Screamin?
    By GoofBall in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 02:45 PM
  5. Any word on soarin?
    By BurningStroller in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 01:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •