• Characters are my friends

Re: Long Lost Friends Week

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'll be going on Thurs
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 07, Spring 08, Fall 08, Spring 09

• Minion

ORWEN: I wouldn't say that Horace or Clarabelle were 'rare' characters. Us Cauldron girls see those two quite a bit. They were in the Christmas parade for 2012 and have been seen in previous Christmas parades for quite a few years. Also, they're always seen in the Frontierland Hoe-down show they do.

ORDDU: The 3 little Pigs are certainly rare, though--along with all the Robin Hood characters. It's a shame they don't have more characters like this out all the time.

ORWEN: And where's Merlin? I want him back!!!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oh good they'll still be there 27th. I'll be there that day. *phew*

I found out Scrooge McDuck and Ludwig VonDrake are part of this as well! Now, if they bring out Panchito & Jose Carioca or The Aristocats (Scat Cat & his band), I would probably lose it.

We took pictures of our kids with most of those so called "lost/rare characters" during our visit to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2010. 3 Little Pigs and Robin Hood characters in Fantasyland, Donald's relatives, Three caballeros, and Marie in Tokyo DisneySea, and Clarabelle and Horace in Toon town. Plus other characters I have not seen at Disney World ever, like Prince Eric's pet dog and the Chef from Little Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    We took pictures of our kids with most of those so called "lost/rare characters" during our visit to Tokyo Disney Resort in 2010. 3 Little Pigs and Robin Hood characters in Fantasyland, Donald's relatives, Three caballeros, and Marie in Tokyo DisneySea, and Clarabelle and Horace in Toon town. Plus other characters I have not seen at Disney World ever, like Prince Eric's pet dog and the Chef from Little Mermaid.
    Not going to lie - I (an adult) about shoved a poor Japanese child to the ground to get to meet Roger Rabbit when I was at Tokyo Disneyland. Very exciting moment for me!

(No Japanese children were harmed in the posting of this message.)

Turn your favorite Disney CM into your NEW favorite collectible souvenir!
    Fully customizable hair & eye color, gender and even your name on the nametag!

Contact Createamations for details, and don't forget to visit us on Facebook for more!

And this is why we don't get new attractions at the Walt Disney World Resort....because people are thrilled and excited to take their pictures with someone in a character suit... As long as there are people crowding to do it, they will use that as a reason to not build new attractions and better experiences.

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

If anyone spots the Orange Bird, please post!

• Team Hail HYDRA

i hope DL gets this event and the little autograph cards too

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If anyone spots the Orange Bird, please post!
    I don't think the Orange Bird will be out for Long Lost Friends week. This is because 1) the character list for Long Lost Friends week is firmly set to the Robin Hood troupe, Clarabelle and Horace, Pinocchio and his friends, the Three Little Pigs (and the Big Bad Wolf), Ludwig von Drake, and Scrooge McDuck and 2) I doubt that WDW has an Orange Bird character available for meet-and-greets, as no one has seen him since the early-to-mid '70s.

• Queen Elsa

When this comes out to Disneyland the only ones from that list I would like to meet are...

The Robin Hood group
    3 Little Pigs
    Scrooge McDuck

All the others exspet Ludwig I have meet so don't need them. But I do hope Disneyland will also bring out Brer Rabbit. To me it still doesn't make sents we get Brer Bear and Brer Fox out all the time but not Brer Rabbit what gives here? The other I would like to meet but it may not happen is Dumbo.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

Dreamfinder and Figment please!

• Shubisha

For those who were concerned that WDW hadn't ripped off anything from Tokyo in over a month, these rare characters are paraded in and out of their sets by the theme for Tokyo DisneySea's "Meet and Smile."

(but it's borrowing, it's been going on for years and happens all the time)

<Long winded response of WDW and Disneyland Paris treating soundtracks from Tokyo as if they're from a "Now that's what i call music cd" and plugging into whatever random thing they're doing like a school assembly would with a current pop song. Hey look everyone here's a little cheap show we have that we couldn't be bothered with a decent budget on but since most of you don't know what this song's from it sounds like we paid for a big well orchestrated soundtrack just for the occasion! That's the Disney Difference!>

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, it sure was nice to see the 3 little pigs today--1/26/13. We hadn't seen them in so long we were afraid they'd been eaten up by the Big Bad Wolf!

ORDDU: The entire situation seemed to be VERY popular. So it would seem that Disney character lovers outnumber Disney character haters by a wide margin. One cast member told us that management is taking note of the strong appeal meeting these old characters is having. Everyone in line with us was positively giddy and excited to meet the pigs, the wolf, Ludwig Von Drake, Robin Hood, etc. If it weren't for the mythology of all the beloved characters Disney theme parks wouldn't be nearly so wonderful. Where else is there to meet your favorites? Only at the Disney parks.

ORWEN: So we say bring 'em on!

ORGOCH: Got Gurgi out yet?