Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Metro-Retro Historian

Re: Bringing back the original Journey into Imagination and Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    I think Horizons and Imagination were a lot more emotionally engaging and they had some fun and memorable characters and some pretty fantastic musical scores. Though I can only speak of the Epcot rides of old from a third person perspective of someone that's only seen them in video form, World of Motion also seems to have some wonky pacing compared to Imagination and Horizons. It's an interesting idea translating the "Ward Kimball Educational Film" genre into a dark ride format, but there's something that feels missing I can't entirely put my finger on.
    I will say this in Motion's defense. Of the tribute films and ride-throughs that I've been able to find of these old attractions World of Motion has some of the worst footage out there. The only other ones that bad are If You Had Wings and the original Snow White's Scary Adventure before they made it less scary and added Snow White. I don't know why nobody got good film of World of Motion Maybe because it was the first to go. Maybe camcorders of the late 90s really were a lot better than ones in the early 90s. Because there just doesn't seem to be any good footage out there, the attempts ride-throughs I've seen are very cobbled together and that might be why the pacing felt off. In reality it was paced pretty much the same as Spaceship Earth and packed to the gills with gags. Maybe that's part of the reason it gets less love, it doesn't have a video that does it justice.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Banned User

Imagination Pavilion, Walt Disney World, EPCOT Center

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Calm down all of you. I know that you guys have your own opinion but no need to fight. As I stated earlier. This thread is for the people that want the original back. I suggest people with different opinions please post in another thread. Thanks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    Well it was unfortunately and totally uncalled for at that so we will have to move on from there. last time i checked threads were created for ALL to post their opinions on and you have no right to police or bully people from posting their own views on a subject.

Yes i did ride the original several times before it closed in 1998 as a child and it is because i loved it so much that i would want the new attraction that comes in to be reminiscent of and keeping the spirit of the original attraction. why must dreamfinder and figment be condemned to the same 80's attraction for all of history? are you saying Disney is incapable now of making the attraction any better then it was in 1983? if so thats a pretty closed minded viewpoint in my opinion. on top of the fact that it is near impossible to bring back the original in its original form (which ill delve into later) why not bring in something new? imagine a trackless ride system and new adventures to go on with new amazing technology and better more realistic versions of Dreamfinder and Figment, who knows maybe it could be even better then the original ever was, there is certainly the potential out there for it to be. So i just don't see why there is so much hostility behind this concept, change can be a good thing if done right, the problem is they just didn't do things right the last few times.

As for why it isn't feasible to bring the attraction back, if you read the posts again like you adamantly suggest you did dan and i were in discussion about those points and while we went back and forth on several key issues and dan did make a valiant attempt offering many good solutions you would need to demolish close to a third of the building and rebuild it while at the same time hoping not to cause structural failure that would bring the whole pavilion down. to do that for the sole purpose of bringing back an attraction from the 1980's in its original form doesn't make any fiscal or logical sense from disney's standpoint and does not guarantee any long term success outside of this small dedicated fan following. this makes this a very unrealistic proposal at best, i could delve into all the details in more depth but that would be a waste of time at this point. it comes down to this conclusion, they have the capability and resources to make something quite possibly better then the original attraction for quite a bit less money why not even discuss going down that path? and by the way hopefully you do not conduct yourself like you did previously in the future.
    now hold on a minute. Hold on hold on. I like the ideas of more realistic Dreamfinder and Figment animatronics and the trackless system and all but the reason why we want the original story and soundtrack is because people of this generation won't know the original story or how figment got created and won't be able to see how wonderful the original is. Now that's all I'm gonna say. Now please make your own thread about your opinions please and let us have our opinions in our own thread please.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DreamfinderFigment View Post
    now hold on a minute. Hold on hold on. I like the ideas of more realistic Dreamfinder and Figment animatronics and the trackless system and all but the reason why we want the original story and soundtrack is because people of this generation won't know the original story or how figment got created and won't be able to see how wonderful the original is. Now that's all I'm gonna say. Now please make your own thread about your opinions please and let us have our opinions in our own thread please.
    well to start, just like to say I've never fought in any way shape or form, I've merely stated my point of view and made some valid points eventually being attacked for them. secondly, fine your entitled to your opinion, I'm merely saying this is an additional option that i think you should consider as well and would be the best possible scenario for the future of the pavilion in my opinion. the concerns you have above could easily be resolved by a nice pre-show and or next gen line, and the inclusion of parts of the historic sound track in the new ride. I just think its rather sad the imagination pavilion cant have enough imagination to create a new great experience and must be stuck in the same imagination of the 80s or a bad dream like we have today lol. I don't need a new thread, I've said my peace.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by goofy donald View Post
    I just think its rather sad the imagination pavilion cant have enough imagination to create a new great experience and must be stuck in the same imagination of the 80s or a bad dream like we have today lol. I don't need a new thread, I've said my peace.
    This. Relapsing to an attraction from the 80's lacks the very thing the ride is supposed to be pushing: imagination. It also goes against the overall theme of Futureworld of moving forward and pushing into the future. I would love the original story to happen again, but with updated everything, even if it means a new ride system. I'm not hating on the old ride, i just want a new version of the old ride.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I will say this in Motion's defense. Of the tribute films and ride-throughs that I've been able to find of these old attractions World of Motion has some of the worst footage out there. The only other ones that bad are If You Had Wings and the original Snow White's Scary Adventure before they made it less scary and added Snow White. I don't know why nobody got good film of World of Motion Maybe because it was the first to go. Maybe camcorders of the late 90s really were a lot better than ones in the early 90s. Because there just doesn't seem to be any good footage out there, the attempts ride-throughs I've seen are very cobbled together and that might be why the pacing felt off. In reality it was paced pretty much the same as Spaceship Earth and packed to the gills with gags. Maybe that's part of the reason it gets less love, it doesn't have a video that does it justice.
    I haven't studied the tribute vids of Motion, but I can say this as someone who taped it a few times - it was very, very difficult to capture on tape. The animatronics were so close to the ride vehicle and the ride moved fast enough that you were past each scene before you had time to really capture what was going on. (I haven't watched mine in a while, but I recall occasionally trying to turn around to catch what I missed, and ending up missing the next thing.) I never felt like any of my ride-throughs felt like the ride itself. I think you really needed a wide-angle lens to pull it off.

As much as I liked Motion, it always felt like 2/3rds of a great ride. Once you were past the animatronics and into the "movie screen" section, it seemed like they weren't sure what to do. Using the TRON entry sequence seemed cool at first, then felt a little out of place. The pseudo-TRON light cycle part was neat, but the future city seemed a bit pointless. (And, honestly, that last section was IMPOSSIBLE to tape because of how absolutely dark it was. It was even hard to see.)

And as someone who did enjoy Motion a lot, and I may be in the small minority who would say this, but I actually prefer the current version of Test Track to Motion. I miss the animatronics (and that fantastic narration), but I don't think I'd trade back for the chance to ride it again.

(I have a grand plan of converting and uploading all the stuff I shot at WDW in the 90s - mostly 1991-1997. Not sure how soon.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    This. Relapsing to an attraction from the 80's lacks the very thing the ride is supposed to be pushing: imagination. It also goes against the overall theme of Futureworld of moving forward and pushing into the future. I would love the original story to happen again, but with updated everything, even if it means a new ride system. I'm not hating on the old ride, i just want a new version of the old ride.
    Yes that's what I'm saying. A new version the old ride. That's exactly what my idea is. It has a modernized ride system,lighting;more realistic animatronics,etc, with the original soundtrack restored. Lol. Guys. That's what I'm saying.

• Heavy Breather

The original story worked so well and was timeless. Like you said, why change it?

What is thy bidding, my Mouseter?

Check out my tumblr: http://dvader2015.tumblr.com/

• Inappropriate

Yes that's what I'm saying. A new version the old ride. That's exactly what my idea is. It has a modernized ride system,lighting;more realistic animatronics,etc, with the original soundtrack restored. Lol. Guys. That's what I'm saying.
    Well alright! *double fist pump* Let's do this!!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Well alright! *double fist pump* Let's do this!!
    Yes!!! Journey into Imagination will finally have Dreamfinder and Figment, the original story, remastered and restored original soundtrack,Redone modernized scenes from the original, a modernized trackless system,advanced modern technology animatronics and effects, a modernized original Imageworks with maybe some new activities. I like the make your own Figment activity from the current ImageWorks! Also they could bring back the Dreamfinder & Figment Walk-around character even!Awesome! Let's all try and make this happen and show Disney what we'd like. They'll see that of they do this. Not only will they earn more money and support. But will make more memories and make so many people happy.

• Banned User

And gone will be Nigel Channing and his monstrosity of an attraction! Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
    The original story worked so well and was timeless. Like you said, why change it?
    Yup, you are completely right. Let's do this guys. We all need to mail Disney some letters and tell them our idea. All is Journey into Imagination fans will all be able to see what we've always wanted to see! Our Dream can be a dream come true with all those sparks in all of us!

• Mostly Harmless.

So what you're finally suggesting is we turn JII into a sort of Evil Dead 2? I can roll with that.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Unhelpful User

Yes!!! Journey into Imagination will finally have Dreamfinder and Figment, the original story, remastered and restored original soundtrack,Redone modernized scenes from the original, a modernized trackless system,advanced modern technology animatronics and effects, a modernized original Imageworks with maybe some new activities. I like the make your own Figment activity from the current ImageWorks! Also they could bring back the Dreamfinder & Figment Walk-around character even!Awesome! Let's all try and make this happen and show Disney what we'd like. They'll see that of they do this. Not only will they earn more money and support. But will make more memories and make so many people happy.
    My thoughts exactly, The original being brought back, all modernized and using 2010's ride technology. It sure is a heck of a lot better than what Goofy Donald had in mind for the pavilion. Oh yes dreamfinderfigment glad you brought that up, that Dreamfinder and Figment walkaround needs to come back as well.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by edward1978 View Post
    My thoughts exactly, The original being brought back, all modernized and using 2010's ride technology. It sure is a heck of a lot better than what Goofy Donald had in mind for the pavilion. Oh yes dreamfinderfigment glad you brought that up, that Dreamfinder and Figment walkaround needs to come back as well.
    You mean essentially the same thing? come on dude this is getting rediculous, please take the personal stuff out of this fun conversation and stop elevating it to different levels. its getting a bit uncomfortable. this is a disney world chat forum, lets keep it light

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast